Skip to main content

CCCB week #18 Isn't she lovely

There is a new challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog. And it's a gorgeous one! This weeks theme is "Isn't she lovely". Oooh I remember that sweet song of Stevie Wonder..........
Here is the photo inspiration:


Isn't she cute?????

I made a card with an old nostalgic image. here in the Netherlands young girls are having a "po√ęzie-album". If I translate this it's called "poetry-album". When you're a young girl you give this book to your girlfriends, family etc and they can write a rhyme, wish and that kind of things in it. When you are writing something in an album you add some cute images. Well this is one of those images you could use. I still have mine; it's so sweet and cute to read in it.....

Here is my card:
 

I used my favorite Papermania papers "Rose Garden". The image is a die cut from my stash.
Embossed chipboard from Tattered Angels,ribbon from my stash.
I bought the ruffled lace and the roses on a market here in the city. I used one of my Martha Stewart punches and distressed the edges with distress ink "Antique Linen"
Hope you like it....

Enjoy your day!
Stella



Comments

Kirsty Vittetoe said…
This is so sweet and pretty, I love not only the vintage image, the rose DP that goes with polka dots and green are great combo. Lovely take on this one Stella!
Linda Robinson said…
I just love seeing your smiling face when I pop onto your blog.... What a wonderful card you have here and your image is lovely... Thanks for plalying along with us this week at CCCB!
Sylvia said…
Hi Stella, Your card is wonderful. I love the vintage picture and the colors and the lace are beautiful elements.
Ros said…
This is so beautiful!! Love everything about this - Thanks for playing along with us again at CCCB
ps I have this easel too ... IKEA?
Gorgeous card Stella! So feminine & pretty! She is lovely :)
june lanum said…
beautiful card Stella thanks for joining us at the CCCB
Michele said…
WOW!!! This is gorgeous!!!
Heather Jensen said…
Absolutely beautiful! Love the papers and that sweet little girl is darling. :)
Cheryl Nelson said…
Perfectly lovely!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!
Lori said…
So sweet and pretty with a darling little girl!
PapierGirl said…
Oh Stella...what a darling little image you used on this card! I love the tradition of the poetry book - what a wonderful keepsake! Thanks for visiting my blog and for all your wonderful comments! Have a super day! Cathy xx :)