Skip to main content

CCCB week 19 "I see stars"

Good morning!
After 3 days with lots of rain there is a little bit of sun here....
But it's still a bit chill; fall is definitely around the corner....
And now this weeks challenge over HERE at CCCB.
This week it's all about stars; the photo inspiration is based on the works fof one of the most famous painters here from the Netherlands: Vincent van Gogh. I love his work; in Amsterdam (our capital city) you'll find the van Gogh museum; they have spectacular collection with all his famous paintings. If you ever come to the Netherlands it's something you must see.
You won't regret it!
Here is the photo inspiration:


I made a card in blue.,white, silver and of course a star.
Blue is the ink I used for my stamps,white for the card base, embossed background, die cut label and lace.
Silver for my star and the sentiment is heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I added the sentiment "Smile" with the idea that the recipient is going to smile at the moment he/she looks at this card.( At least I hope so...)
The star is in fact a big brad; I bought them last year and used them on several christmas cards. They are gorgeous; with some small pearls and rhinestones...

Here is my card:



White cardstock from my stash, scrolll stamp from Viva Decor and sentiment stamp from Flourishes. Border stamp bought in the sales department on a craft show (don't know the manufacturer), blue ink from a box ( brand unknown; have if for ages!), "swirl" embossing folder from Cuttlebug.
 Spellbinder die labels one, lace from my stash, versamark watermark ink.
Silver embossing powder and brad from Karen Foster

Have a wonderful day!
Stella

Comments

june lanum said…
Stella, so pretty, love that star..........thanks for joining us at the CCCB
Heather Jensen said…
This is beautiful Stella. The colors of blue and white are so clean and yet so pretty. FAb job with that inspiration photo. :)
Linda Robinson said…
Stella, This is soooo pretty. I just love the those colors together. And that star is beautiful.. Hope you have a wonderful day..
I would love to visit out there someday..

Hugs, Linda
Ros said…
So glad you joined us here at CCCB! ... love this creation ... incredibly elegant ... reminds me of wedgewood - have a lovely day xxx
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Such lovely colors Stella, love that star! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
So pretty Stella! Love that gorgeous star in the middle of the embossed swirls! So clever :) TFS
Cheryl Nelson said…
Sooooooo incredibly lovely!!! Thank you for joining us as CCCB!