Skip to main content

CCCB "For the boys" challenge week 21

Oh my; a challenge with my favorite color; blue.... From that point of view easy peasy.... But a masculine card; that's quite another story. A card without, butterflies, pink, glitter, flowers, and all the other girlie stuff....

I saw a little bit of red in the photo inspiration and red is the favorite color of my youngest son. That made it just a bit easier to create a card for this challenge :)......

Here is the photo inspiration:


It took me a while but I am happy with the result. But I keep asking myself; is this masculine enough? Or is it still too feminine? I'd love to hear what you think of it.


This is my card:



Blue and white cardstock from my stash, DP from Crea Motion. I sprayed the embossed chipboard from Tattered Angels with Glimmer Mist "Sapphire". The sentiment is from Wild Rose Studio and stamped with Scarlet from Color Box. The blue striped ribbon is from my stash. I ran it through my Xyron stiocker maker and voila!


Have a wonderful day!
Stella

Comments

Ros said…
I think it's just Perfect!! Brilliant take on the challenge ( loving the frame) ... Thanks for joining us at CCCB ... have a lovely day
I would say it's definitely masculine. I like the stripe background with the ornate label. It's a touch of whimsy with class! Nice take on the challenge!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
I agree 100% to the above comment, this is definitely masculine, and perfect for the challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB! Always nice to have you here!
What a great masculine birthday card! That ornate frame is gorgeous!
Linda Robinson said…
This is a great masculine card.. I just love those stripes.. So glad you played with us again over at CCCB!
Heather Jensen said…
Great masculine card! Love the paper and that frame is perfect. :)
Hugs,
Heather
Deb Hickman said…
Wow Stella, your card is so striking, I love the striped paper. Gorgeous card!!!!
Sylvia said…
Congratulations on your win, Stella!