Skip to main content

CCCB sketch challenge week 23

Good moring every one; are you having a great day so far?
The weatherforecast told us there will be rain tonight. But it's not evening yet....Now the sun is shining and within two hours I am going to shop with my youngest son at IKEA. We'll have lunch together and I love days like this.. Lovely weather, spending time with of one my sons, go shopping, having fun. laughing and talking. Tonight my husband and I will be having chinese food for dinner (take out) so it's an easy peasy day of cooking....
And I think I will be making a card tonight....
But first a new challenge and it's a  great challenge...

I love this weeks' challenge at the  City Crafter Challenge Blog .
This week it's about a sketch. Here it is:



I knew immediately I wanted to work with my favorite color: blue.
I had some color inspiration right here in front of me; from my coffee mug!

Here is my coffee mug:



I made a card but wasn't pleased about the blue background. So I put another piece of white cardstock on top of it. I embossed it with my favorite embossing folder ( Victorian from Cuttlebug)
The blue DP are from Crea Motion; the pink cardstock is from my stash. The flower image is a die cut out of a piece of gift paper from a very popular brand here in the Netherlands; it's called PIP studios. My coffeemug is also made by them. I never thought I would have so much fun with just a simple piece of gift paper...:). The flower and gingham paper are both cut with my Spellbinder labels one die.. the tag is cut with label die 4. I  cut a small piece of gingham paper and added a small scalloped border; made with one of my MS  border punches. And of course some lace... I punched the butterfly and added the tag. The sentiment stamp is from Waltzingmouse Stamps; stamped with Paris Dusk from Tsukineko. I distressed the edges of the tag with Antique Linen. I also inked the edges of blue cardstock with Cream from Color Box.  The pin is from June

Here is my card:



I am so happy about this card!
Have a wonderful day!
Stella

Comments

Oh Stella this is marvelous! The pattern paper you used to mimic the tea cup is perfect! I love it! It's such a delicate card with lots shabby goodness.
Audrey Pettit said…
This is such a wonderful card, Stella! I love the color palette with just a bit of pink mixed in with the blue and white. Fabulous embossed background and how clever of you to use some wrapping paper for your focal flowers! They look wonderful. I really like the designer stick pin and the sentiment tag layered over the butterfly. Beautiful job!
Ros said…
OOOh! To use your words ... I am smitten! i love your card ... love the clean delicate softness of it ... Fabulous! Your lace is gorgeous and well everything... Thank you for your continued support at CCCB
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
So sweet, I just love the colors, and that tea cup, aww.... I remembered when I was in London 2 summer ago, I just can't stop browsing those shop that sells teapot and teacups, I just love them, especially the English Rose print. Thanks for sharing.
And your pic (Just me..) looks great, it is nice to see you "online"! : )
Linda Robinson said…
Well I think you shoud be very happy the way it tuned out.. It Is BEAUTIFUL...

Well It sounds like a perfect day of shopping, visiting and take out for dinner.. I so hope you enjoyed it.... Hugs, Linda
Deb Hickman said…
Awww, your card is gorgeous and so is the coffee mug!!!! You really did a wonderful job using the mug as inspiration and what a fab idea using pretty wrapping paper.
Hope you had a good day out with your son.

Deb x
Kelly said…
very pretty. Love the pin accent. I think I *need* the labels one die.
Sylvia said…
Gorgeous card, Stella! Your are a woman after my own heart. I love beautiful china as well!
So pretty Stella! Love all the detail, the embossing, the pretty pin & of course that darling sentiment :)
Sonia said…
Stella, wonderful card! Love the details especially butterfly, i'm a fan of butterflies.


**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60
Heather Jensen said…
Such a beautiful mug to use for inspiration. I love the way your card turned out. The embossing, pretty lace and fab pin.
Hugs,
Heather
Emily said…
beautiful. I love the mug you used for your inspiration too...darling. And embossing folders...well...they are the best thing that ever happened.
Sylvia said…
Good luck, Stella!