Skip to main content

CCCB "Tree of Books" week 22

Man it's COLD down here in the Netherlands; only 12 degrees today! (55F for USA :))
 Last night I had a barbecue and I was almost freezing ( 8 degrees.....). It was a lovely evening and I had a great time but it was so cold..... 
So today; it was definitely time for soup! And yes; we had that for lunch :)
Fall is here; the weatherforecast is quite optimistic but I have no faith in what they say. Time to wear jeans instead of capris. And sweaters and warm socks....
And now some time for blogging.My husband is watching the football game at the stadium here in town. Our eldest son spends the weekend at his girlfriends' house. Sometimes it's great to be home alone :)!

And now another challenge...!!!!!
A new challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog
This week you have to include an image of a tree/trees or book/books

Here is the photo inspiration:



And to be honest; the only tree stamps I have are christmas trees........
I didn't want to stamp a christmas tree and searched for something a bit different.
It turned out a nostalgic christmas card.........

Here is my card:


DP from 7 Gypsies and Making Memories. The background looks like a page from a book; I think it's a nice way to include something of a book... Die cut is from Graphic 45. The sentiment stamp from Making Memories, stamped with Cobalt from Archival Ink (Ranger). Embossed chipboard frame from Tattered Angels. Ribbon and lace from my stash. All the edges are inked with Sepia from Archival Ink ( Ranger).

I am going to hop around your blogs :)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Stella

Comments

Deb Hickman said…
What a beautiful traditional Christmas card.The image and frame are gorgeous.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my new baby niece.I am a proud Auntie!!!
Ros said…
What a fabulous Christmas card ... you know I love all things text ... Happy that you played along at CCCB again ... have a lovely 'cosy' evening (socks on) XXX
Beautiful card Stella! Love the MF image & the TA frame!
Rebekah said…
Wonderful creation Stella!
I sympathize with you... it is getting crisp and cold here in my neck of the woods too! 9 degrees! at least the sun is shining! keep up the great work!
june lanum said…
Stella that is a beautiful card
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Lovely creation Stella, I think the image and the frame are both beautiful, I love the text background too, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB, always great to have you here!
Heather Jensen said…
How stunning Stella! Love that sweet image in the frame.
I wish it were that cool here. It is still in the 90's. I am ready for cooler weather.
Hugs,
Heather
Linda Robinson said…
This is so beautiful. That image is wonderful.. Perfect for our challenge..

Well my friend it is still hot here in VEGAS. I think it was over 100 degress here today.. Next week sould be cooler they say.. I can only hope..

I was at June's blog earlier and that was so sweet what you sent her.. It just made my heart smile.. What a wonderful person you are.

Hugs, Linda
Cheryl Nelson said…
Perfectly LOVELY in every way!!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!