Skip to main content

Weekend and Melissa Frances....

Hello...how are you today? Enjoying your weekend?

If you don't want to read: just scroll down for the card :)
I decide to write a bit more of my daily life. Sharing a bit of everything.
Today was busy and fun. After loads and loads of laundry (in the blink of an eye there is another pile...)I went to the city. Lovely weather; blue sky and lots of sun. It really felt and looked like a summer day.
I went to the market for fresh fruit and vegetables and after that...yes the craft store! I broke my promise; I bought some new papers...but just 5 pages. No paper pads or card kits. I can live with that :)
We had dinner with a big salad, roasted potatoes and some beef. That salad is one of my favorite dishes. With a dressing made from olive oil which basil is added.; so delicious. Let me tell you; that is liquid made in heaven!
And now time for a card. I made this card yesterday. I used the DP from Melissa Frances ( Vintage Posey). I can hardly find anything of her in the Netherlands; I love her papers and embellishments. It's about time for some online shopping... Now I've used some die cuts out of giftpaper from PIP. The background stamp is from Unity stamp and stamped with Velvet from Color Box. The sentiment from Wild Rose Studio and stamped with Rhubarb Stalk from Tsukineko
The scrunched seam binding and pin are from June, The roses are from my stash. And yes of course....a butterfly...
 I used one of my Martha Stewart border punches. I added some stitching and distressed the edges with distress ink "Antique Linen"

Here it is:


Have a wonderful weekend!
Stella

Comments

Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Pretty papers, I love Melissa Frances, and this card is my type, LOL! I love soft, feminine and romantic colors with lots of girly stuff. Love this!
You are right, sometime I want to try to get out of my comfort zone and create something a little different from my style, I do feel a little uncomfy at times, thanks for the encouragement!
Rebekah said…
very pretty and feminine.. i love melissa frances papers as well.. i cant find them anywhere in canada.. thank goodness for the internet!
This is beautiful Stella! I am totally craving a big salad now that you mentioned the fresh veggies you got at the market. I love going to Farmer's Market and getting locally grown produce. Need to do it more. I love Melissa Frances products as well. Have a great Sunday!
Sandy Ang said…
Such a softly beautiful card. MF's Vintage Posy is pretty fantastic.
Heather Jensen said…
Oh so shabby Melissa goodness! This is stunning Stella. I love those papers and everything is perfectly in it's place. I guess I now know what I will be buying next. June's seam binding and pin are beautiful. :)
Hugs,
Heather
Ros said…
Oh Stella ... Oh Oh Oh ... this is just GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE it!! What a fabulous card ... I adore MF goods but we can't get them either ... Can't even find a craft shop here!
Love salads too ... make lots of them ... I'm a mediterranean girl at heart
XXX
WOW Stella! What a gorgeous card! So softy and pretty! Love all the detail!
Carolyn Peeler said…
Thank you for using our Melissa Frances line, your card is beautiful. We're sorry to hear that you find our products difficult to find. I know that Paper & Pictures carries almost the full line, so you could try them...