Skip to main content

Baby girl card

Hello everyone!

How are you? Did you have a great weekend?
We had a busy weekend; filled with good things, laughter and cosiness. And now it's Monday! Here in Holland it's freezing cold; last night we had night frost.....
And just like last week; I am going to make us a stew for dinner. And for dessert a home made semolina pudding with whipped cream on top of it...is there anyone hungry already??

Well; over to my card!
Last week a colleague of my husband gave birth to a girl.; Fleur.
He asked me to make a card; and of course I made one :)
I wanted to use multiple shades of pink and combine it with white.
And there is a little story about this card: 
You'll see a buttefly that is made out of paper with little white and pink balls on it.
We call them "mice". These are hard balls and they taste like aniseed. Here in Holland it's tradition to eat a biscuit rusk with mice when you are visiting the happy parents after birth.
( Put some butter on the biscuit rusk and than cover it with mice)
I can tell you; it's delicious!


Here is my card:


DP from Tilda, Wild Rose Studio and "mice"paper from my stash
I painted the chipboard initial with white craft paint. Crown, lace and pearl brad from my stash.
The crocheted flower is from June; I received it from her while we were partnes at a swap.

Hope you like it; have a wonderful day!
Stella



Comments

Lenet said…
prachtig kaartje heel lief.
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Pretty card for a precious baby! Is her name Flower? (sorry, I am just guessing here, because it looks like a French word for flower)
Sandra1968 said…
Een superleuke kaart!
what a beautiful card, stella! i LOOOVE those papers, the pinks, the crown, and the crocheted flower! just the prettiest little thing ever! thanks for sharing and have a great week! *hugs* steph :)
cbuswell said…
This is SO PRETTY!! love the crochet flower and initial, perfect!
Ros said…
So pretty Stella ... missed seeing your creations and reading your blog ... but I'm back and catching up ... have a lovely evening xxx
Kelly said…
pretty card, Stella! I have never had aniseed so I am curious about the mice. Is it like a candy/sweet or salty? Hmmmm...
Deb Hickman said…
Very pretty baby girl card. I love traditions and what a lovely idea to incorporate that onto your card.
Heather Jensen said…
Beautiful pink "girl" card Stella. Love the crown and cute little crochet flower. She will love it. :)
Sabrina said…
Hi Stella!! This is very pretty!!! I absolutely love everything about this card, so simple yet so pretty with the perfect choice of patterned papers!! :)

Hugs from Singapore,
Sabrina
Very pretty card Stella! Love the various embellishments & pretty embossing!
Rebekah said…
wonderful card! how cute :)