Skip to main content

Card Patterns # 87

Hello everyone!

Are you all having a great day?
I am sitting here still smiling and happy about being a Trigger Target :)

But it's time for another challenge!
Over here at the Card Patterns Blog  it's all about this sketch:


I wanted to create a card in neutral colors with a bit of a frosted look. I created his "frosted" look by using my Versamark "Cloud White" ink pad.
I kept the color scheme simple and neutral; with a touch of lightblue, cream and brown.
I also made a ruffled flower out of an old book page. I bought this book at a Charity shop for only €1. I can get at least 1500 flowers out of it. Speaking about a bargain hee hee :) :)

Here is my ruffled flower :


I am quite happy how this card turned out. Here is my card:


Kraft and white cardstock and gingham ribbon from my stash. I used my Victorian embossing folder. Lace  and pearl-shell button both from Marinanne Design.
Handmade ruffled flower by me:) and the blue rose is from Prima.
I used half a doily ( got it from Sonia; we were swap partner at the Lace and doily swap ) and cut out the center of it with one of my Spellbinder Circle dies. After that I added half a circle of kraft cardstock. I cut that with the same circle die I've used for my doily. The sentiment on it is from Wild Rose Studio and stamped with Maya Road white ink. All the edges and the embossed cardstock are slightly inked with Versamark "Cloud White".

Have a wonderful day!
Stella

Comments

Jacqueline said…
Beautiful card! I love the blue with brown color combo!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
I love this soft colors as usual, and your ruffled flower is gorgeous, I tried to make them a few times, just didn't get the look l want. : (
Congrats on being featured on Moxie Fab World! Well done!
Kathlene said…
Wow! I really LOVE that beautiful flower and the doily on kraft combination. I need to dig out some of my paper doilies and give them a try. Thanks for the inspiration and a lovely card!
Deb Hickman said…
I love this card such beautiful,soft colours. Your flower is gorgeous and what a bargain.
Yeeeaaahh !!!! Congrats on your spotlight award,very well deserved !!!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
Sigh..........this is gorgeous, Stella! Absolutely gorgeous and a fabulous take on that sketch. Love, love your work!
Heather Jensen said…
Simply stunning Stella. Love the embossed CS and pretty doily, lace and sweet handmade flower. :)
Sandra1968 said…
Een hele mooie kaart!
Sabrina said…
A very pretty card, Stella!! I love the color very much!! :)
Oh how pretty Stella and what a fabulous idea to repurpose a book & from a charity shop no less!
Elisa K said…
I just adore your card.. That flower is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Ros said…
Beautiful again Stella ... I love doing these flowers ... my group can do them and really love them ...
Congratulations on winning the Trigger Target!
Loving the vintage feel to this card. The colors are so neutral and pleasing to the eye.
So glad you could play along with us at Card Patterns.