Skip to main content

CCCB "Hooray for the holidays" challenge #25

Hello everyone; how are you today?

Time for a challenge......

This week at the City Crafter Challenge Blog you can create any project you like for one of the upcoming holidays. This week I am bit in the "background stamping mood".  I am going to make some vintage christmas cards, some classic christmas cards but I also want to make a few non traditional christmas cards. The last few days I am experimenting with different backgrounds, colors and sentiments. This one is one of my favorite non traditional christmas cards. I love the simplicity of "less is more" and an elegant "touch". What do you think of this try out?
Hers is my card:




Background stamp from Waltzingmouse Stamps; stamped with Tuxedo Black from Tsukineko
Sentiment from Judi Kins stamped with London Fog from Tsukineko
Chipboard frame from Tattered Angels; glittered star from Memrie Mare
I distressed the edges with Antique Linen
Cream Carstock from my stash

Have a wonderful day!
Stella

Comments

Kelly said…
LOVE this! I saw a music background stamp by Hero Arts that I considered. This is a stunning card!
Heather Jensen said…
Love the black and white with the sparkly silver star. :)
Ros said…
Absolutely Fantastic!!! I adore it ... so very classy
Ros said…
Ooops! forgot to say thank you for playing along at CCCB ... xxx
Audrey Pettit said…
OMGOSH! I LOVE this one, Stella! That is fabulous! Everything about this just makes my heart sing from the color palette to the background music stamp to the framed sentiment and the glittered star. Think this one is topping my list of absolute faves of yours to date! And that's not easy to do!
Deb Hickman said…
I love his card !!!!! The monochrome looks gorgeous with the touch of silver and the background looks fab. You were right just taken a look at the new WM stamps and three things jumped into my basket!!!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Love that sheet music background, very festive holiday card too! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
another beauty, stella! i love the music sheet background! thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, Stella! I am still working on Halloween cards! I will get to Christmas some day.
Linda Robinson said…
Another beuatiful card.. Your background look great...
Cheryl Nelson said…
Such a perfectly lovely card! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!