Skip to main content

CCCB "Rome the eternal City" #27

Hello everyone,
How are you?

At first:  
Thank you so so much for all your lovely comments on my win at PDCC; these comments made it a very very special day!

In a few minutes I am going to do some blog hopping; I had a few busy days so I'll have some catching up to do.....

But first; one of my favorite challenges:
This weeks challenge is about one of my favorite cities in Europe; Rome!
I've been there in 2008 and this town is so so beautiful. I'll definitely go back  because there is so much to see.

Here is the gorgeous photo inspiration:

 Oh I love it!

I wanted to make a card in pale, soft colors with an "old" look.
Rome is one the most favorite cities in Europe for newlyweds to spend their honeymoon. And that made me decide to give this card also a bit of romance .......

At first one of these gorgeous street signs; you'll find them everywhere in Rome:




And the famous Trevi Fountain:



And of course the Colosseum and a bit of romance:"Roses are red":



It all came together in this card:






DP from Basic Grey, chipboard die cuts from Pipoos, a little piece of a swirl from Prima and some buttons and trim from Eline's.
I distressed the edges with Old paper from Ranger.

Have a wonderful day!
Stella









Comments

Deb Hickman said…
Your card is beautiful,such soft,soothing colours. Love your Italian embellishments.
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
This is very cool Stella, especially the street signs, it reminds me so much of walking in this beautiful city! Well done for the challenge, thanks for joining us this week at CCCB, always great to have you here!
very pretty, stella! love the images! thanks for sharing and thanks for your sweet comments!! your words are so encouraging. i really appreciate you. have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)
Sandra1968 said…
Een schitterende kaart! En Rome is inderdaad een stad om naar terug te keren :-)
Groetjes, Sandra
cbuswell said…
Gorgeous colour, love all the details, beautiful card!!
Annika said…
What can I say, Stella, you just keep awing me with your beautiful creations! I love the soft airy vintage feel and the way you left the paper room to "breathe"
Hugs
Annika
Pretty card Stella! Takes me back to Rome with my hubby :)
Kathlene said…
Totally LOVE that pp and the perfect little tag elements. Perfect for the challenge!
Ira said…
Wat chic Stella! Je hebt het gevoel van Rome goed weten te pakken! Prachtige en stijlvolle kaart, groetjes, Ira
Linda Robinson said…
I just love popping in and seeing your creation and once again this is fabulous. I just love everything about it..

I hope you have a wonderful weekend..

Hugs, Linda
Kelly said…
beautiful card. Very serene and peaceful colors!
Heather Jensen said…
So pretty Stella. Love that paper. Fabulous job with the challenge. :)
Sylvia said…
Stella, this card is outstanding as well! But they are always wonderful! Love how you pulled the pieces one by one together.
Audrey Pettit said…
Perfect, perfect card for this fun challenge!
Cheryl Nelson said…
Perfectly lovely!! thank you for playing along at CCCB
Nuts, I thought I had left a note here for you with this gorgeous card, and I didn't ... I loved the wonderful honeymoon idea you used. I have never been to Rome, but I can imagine with the textures you have created here. Lovely lovely card.