Skip to main content

CCCB "Take Flight" challenge # 26

This weeks challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog it's all about flying...
This can be a bird, butterfly, bee, fairy...Anything you want as long as it has wings!

Here is the gorgeous picture for inspiration:



There is a little story about the card I made. If you don't want to read it just scroll down for the card :)


I made a  "personal" card that brought back sweet memories. When I was reading the word "fairy" I also had to think about an angel... and wings..... It made me think back about my childhood. I loved stories about fairies and angels. But it also made me think about my parents. They don't live anymore and my parents gave me a wonderful childhood. Nothing to worry about, loving parents and a warm and safe home.
So I made a card with 2 velvet wings; for my parents....
The white flower is a personal favorite; I love white roses, peonies and hydrangeas. It's also the color of innoncence and that goes so well with fairies and angels!
The glittered star is for my husband and 2 sons; they are the light of my life and my stars!  It also made me think back to their childhood and for that I stamped the sentiment "memories" on my card. An embossed chipboard frame from Tattered Angels belongs on this card..
And the papers? I chose Melissa Frances; the soft colors are perfect for this challenge. Well; at least for me :)
Pink and cream scrunched seam binding are the perfect finishing touch on this card.
(The scrunched seambinding, velvet wings and glittered star are all from Memrie Mare )

Here is my card:

 
I had so much fun making this card and I love the final result.

Have a wonderful day!
Stella

Comments

Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Pretty creation! I have the same MS paper, both of them, and I love white roses too, you? me? we love the same paper and flower, we have a lot in common!!! : )
Beautiful wings for your parents, so sweet, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
Ros said…
This is so beautiful ... the story that goes with it is reflected in your creation ... have a lovely day and thanks so much for being a regular supporter of CCCB
Oh so pretty Stella! Thanks for the sharing the story of inspiration! One can never go wrong with MF DP ;)
cbuswell said…
such a pretty card love the frame and touch of sparkle! thanks for your kind words on my blog too!
Sandra1968 said…
Een hele mooie kaart en vooral door het verhaal erachter.
Groetjes, Sandra
Audrey Pettit said…
So sweet and so beautiful! I LOVE hearing your inspiration and stories behind this project. What a treasure. You should set this one out and just have it to remind you all the time. Gorgeous work, Stella!
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, Stella! It is wonderful when you see something and it brings back memories! As for Halloween, do you not celebrate all saints day in Holland? If not you could always adopt our Halloween, it can be a fun(good), not frightening(and bad).
**Farrah** said…
It's a lovely card! You may not be able to give it away, as it has so much meaning to you. Perhaps it should have a special spot around your work station as inspiration!
Farrah
Annika said…
Ahhhhhh...it's so pretty I just keep looking at it and possibly drooling. Not a good mental image, sorry!
Hugs
Annika
Oh your card has touched my heart early this morning which makes the start of the day promising! I love the wings for your parents! It's really beautiful Stella!
june lanum said…
Stella sorry I'm so late getting around to looking at your cards, they are worth the wait. Love it
Cheryl Nelson said…
Truly gorgeous!! LOVED the story behind the card. It really touched my heart! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!