Skip to main content

CCCB #33 "Blue Christmas"

Hello everyone,

Here I am again; 2nd post for today......
It's freezing cold here; perfect to stay inside and make some cards :)

This weeks'challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog is right up my alley....:) Blue is my favorite color and I think I might enter this challenge more than once. I love love love blue!
This the gorgeous photo inspiration:





I made a card with papers from my stash. Cut out an ornament and a tag with my Spellbinders dies 
( Heirloom Ornaments and Labels Four) 

I'm sorry for the blurry pictures but I couldn't get them any better....




Both sentiments are from Waltzingmouser stamps. ( Complements of the Season) One stamped with Atlantic Blue from Color Box and the other one stamped with Versamark and heat-embossed with white embossing powder from Zing. The little snowflakes are also stamped with Atlantic Blue.
Ribbon and lace from my stash. I used one of my MS border punches, a corner punch from Pipoos and added a die cut from Crafty Secrets.


Here is my card:


 


Till soon!
Stella


And ladies of CCCB; thank you so so much for making me a Spotlight Artist; I am so happy and honored!!


Comments

Linda Robinson said…
What a beautiful card. I can see why this challenge is right up your alley. I just love that little image. Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
Malin said…
Beautiful frosty and blue!
Sue Lelli said…
This is DELIGHTFUL! LOVE the little girl and the gingham is just so FAB! GREAT blue card!!!
pretty card, stella. love the blues and the gingham. thanks for sharing and have a great nite! stay warm. *hugs* steph :)
Jacqueline said…
I have been meaning to get round to you blog Stella! So it is still cold in Holland... we are getting a visitor from Zwijndrecht this weekend, I wonder whether it will interfere with public transport.
Anyway, to your card - I love the touch of turquoise in the image, sets the whole card in aglow with a warmth that goes delightfully with the blue!
Ros said…
Fab U Lous!! love the gingham and the the whole layout of this card ... Thanks ever so much for joining us again at CCCB
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Lovely blue christmas card, you are perfect at this colors, fabulous job for the challenge, thanks for joining us at CCCB, we LOVE having you here!
Monique said…
Another great card Stella!! Love the ornament, blue gingham, border punch and lace...I just love it all!!! :)
Robyn said…
Hi Stella! My fave colour is blue too!! In Australia we have a bird called a "Bower Bird". The male collects blue things he finds (pegs/paper...anything!!)and puts them in his "bower" to attract the ladies!I've always been a "bower bird"!! Love your lace and the combo of checks and stripes. Yes...my son is getting very excited and hoping for a White Holland Christmas!We can't believe how cold it is going to be- he keeps checking the weather on the internet and looking at me in amazement!!
Sabrina said…
This is very sweet and pretty, Stella!! Love the image and the blue ribbon very much!! xoxo :)
Sylvia said…
Very beautiful card, Stella, in your favorite color!
Pretty card Stella! Great combination of fabulous products!
Tante Käthe said…
This is gorgeous SDtella. You were right: Blue is right down your alley!

Love that image!
Tante Käthe said…
Take that *D* away .... tzttztztz
Audrey Pettit said…
What a sweet card, Stella! Love all that blue and the fun gingham print. I love that vintage image layered over the ornament, too.
Deb Hickman said…
This challenge was made for you !!! Gorgeous card and such a sweet image.
Ira said…
Dat plaatje is natuurlijk prachtig, maar jij hebt er weer een plaatje omheen gemaakt! Het is zo'n mooi kaartje geworden met de juiste lintjes, helemaal goed! Liefs, Ira
Cheryl Nelson said…
This is such a pretty card! love that image!
Thank you for playing along at CCCB!
One4Joy said…
What a beautiful balance of blues, Stella! Great shapes and again, the texture of the lace...so pretty!