Skip to main content

CCCB # 37 "Stamp it out"

Hello again :)

My second post for today; I made a card for this weeks' challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog
This week it's all about stamping! No digi.....

I love to create my own background paper so I used one of my favorite background stamps from Darkroom Door (Floral). I am addicted to that stamp did you know that? I love the result; in every color of ink you can think of!

Here is a piece of my background; stamped with Bamboo Leaves from Tsukineko. I added a little butterfly with a sentiment. I tried 7 different colors for the sentiment but nothing seemed perfect. I grabbed the same green ink and now I am happy with the result. I distressed the edges of the butterfly with Bundled Sage distress ink.




I got these stunning papers from Jacqueline. She was looking for a stamp from a Dutch brand I sent her the stamps. Then we agreed she sent me some craft papers. And to be honest..she didn't sent some papers...she spoilt me with a lot of gorgeous papers and in the upcoming weeks you will see a lot more of these!

Of course I had to add a double bow. I got that lovely seam binding from  June;  while we were paired up as partners in the Pretty Things Jar Swap.
And some flowers from my stash.




I distressed the edges of my card with Bundled Sage distress ink. I also used a MS border punch and a corner punch.
Here is my card:




I hope you like it!

Till soon!
Stella


Comments

cbuswell said…
simply elegant, love the background stamping!! the colors are perfect!
One4Joy said…
It's like a breath of springtime air, that's what your lovely card reminds me of...and maybe peppermint ice cream (which I am having a bit of now...it's never to cold for ice cream, is it)! Very pretty, Stella
GOOOOORGEOUS miss stella! i loove your stamped background and your mix of DPs is awesome!!! anyone would be so happy to receive such a beauty. thanks for sharing and happy new year!!! *hugs* steph :)
Michele Gross said…
I can see why love that stamp so much-its gorgeous!! Another stunner :) That double bow is scrumptious!! Happy New Year!
june lanum said…
beautiful card Stella.............
Pauline said…
Very pretty, love the soft colours and ribbon.
Juls said…
this is just so beautiful and elegant!!! I love it!!! Hugs Juls
Sabrina said…
Oh my... this is VERY pretty, Stella!! THe stamping was perfect, I love everything about the card. The colors are so soft and the ribbons are pretty!!
Rebekah said…
Beautiful card once again Stella! I love the green palette!!
Linda R. said…
This is such a pretty card.. I love it.. It looks so elegant..

Happy New Years!

Hugs, Linda
Heather Jensen said…
This is wonderful Stella. I love these colors together. That background stamp is amazing. They have great stuff too. :)
Hugs!
Joanne Leddy said…
This is so so so beautiful! I love the colors that you have put together. It is all so romantic and elegant. Your style is just wonderful and you are truly an inspiration.
Viola Mahr said…
Stella, how beautiful! What a wonderful way to end the year... seeing the pretty things others create... I wish you the best for 2011 and see you next year ;)
Maria said…
Very lovely, Stella! The background in green is stunning. Such lovely little flowers and gorgeous ribbon too...love it!
Sylvia said…
Lovely card, Stella! Colors are just perfect! Have a wonderful New Year!
Tante K├Ąthe said…
You find me speechless once again .... stunning card Stella!

Have a good start into the new year!

Majo
Sandra1968 said…
Ook dit is weer een schitterende kaart! Het papier vind ik erg mooi en de "double bow" lijkt ook erg leuk.
En verder wens ik jou een gezellige jaarwisseling en een gelukkig, gezond en creatief 2011.
Groetjes, Sandra
Ros said…
Stunningly beautiful ... I love the green ... so very restful and serene ... thank you my friend ... love having you play along with us each week at CCCB ... Have a wonderful day and a fabulous New Year ... xxxx
**Farrah** said…
So BEAUTIFUL!
That background stamp is fantastic!
Have a Happy New Year!!
Farrah
Michelle said…
OH MAN!!! I love this acrd for many reasons, but mostly because I love the color green in any shade!!! Gorgeous!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
This is beautiful Stella, I kept scrolling up and down because I can't take my eyes off this beautiful creation, thanks for sharing and thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
Jules said…
Hi Stella

I hadn't realised that you had created the background to this wonderful creation until I read your post.

Beautiful work.

I hadn't come across your blog before but found you though Juls' blog.

Best wishes for 2011.

Love Jules xx
Jacqueline said…
Hi Stella, I know I left a reaction to this beautiful card, but can't see it! Anyways, I love it!!
Cheryl Nelson said…
This is so pretty! LOVE it! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!