Skip to main content

CCCB # 38 "Winter white"

Hello everyone,

Did you all have a wonderful weekend? Just as busy like me? :)
Saturday was lovely; we had friends for dinner and I went to bed at 2.15 AM..... Time flies when you're having good company and before we knew it was after midnight .......
Yesterday we started sorting out all kinds of things that were still standing in the bedroom of our youngest son. He moved out last August and before we knew that room become a sort of storage place for all those things that we still needed to look at. ( To be honest; it's a mess...). Not finished yet but in the upcoming weeks we are going to paint and redecorate it as a guestroom and.....my craftroom hee hee!! Yesterday evening we went to a friend; celebrating her birthday.

And now it's Monday and time is running short for this weeks' challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog.
The challenge this week is to create a project using all white with only one other color as an accent.

Here is the photo inspiration: 




I knew immediately what kind of card I wanted to make. I love white embossed papers and instead of working with my favorite color (blue) I decided to challenge myself a bit and I added a shade of green.
I inked up one of my favorite background stamps form Darkroom Door ( Roses) with Pear Tart ink from Tsukineko. I also added some white lace.




Some white cardstock and my Victorian embossing folder.
The stamp is from Waltzingmouse stamps (Rescue Remedies);
I used the same ink ( of course; only one color as an accent :)!!!)
A flower from Prima and a bow from white satin:




I also used of my corner punches. Here is my card:




Enjoy your day!
(I got 2 days to catch up with blogging; I hope to visit you all very soon!)
Stella

Comments

Tante Käthe said…
This is so warm, even with the white. Isn't it hard to create a card in white? Not for you, I can tell! Beautiful Stella! Always love your lace.
Jacqueline said…
Very pretty Stella!!
Debgem said…
Stella - this is just beautiful!!

Hope the decorating goes well.
Heather Jensen said…
Oh so pretty Stella. Love the embossed paper and lovely rose DP. :)
I understand about your room. Our garage looks like that right now. Until it warms up and we can get out there it will be a mess. We still have tons of boxes from moving in. :)
Hugs~
Ros said…
BEAU - TI- FUL!!! love your colour choice with white ... as elegant as always
Thanks so much for playing along with us each week at CCCB ... you're practically part of the team! xxx
Viola Mahr said…
sweet, loving card... so very sunshiny! Love your work sweet! :) ... hope your blog design gets up and running with the new header soon :) ...

hugs,
Vio
Ira said…
Jaahaa! Wat een goede winterkaart zeg!!! Prachtige stempel heb je gebruikt en ik vind de kleurencombi ook perfect! Leuke plannen, om de vrije kamer opnieuw te gaan decoreren! Weet je al wat je precies gaat doen? We horen/lezen het wel :-)
Liefs, Ira xxx
M@rjan said…
Prachtig en heel stijlvol, Stella! Ook ik vind de kleuren heel erg mooi samen.

Oh, wat een heerlijk vooruitzicht, een eigen scrapkamer! Ik scrap in de keuken, niet erg, maar de rommel...mijn zoon en zijn vriendin willen graag samen wonen, dan grijp ik mijn kans en pik zjn kamer in! :)

Groetjes, Marjan
Monique said…
Oh So beautiful Stella..I love the lace at first glance I thought maybe you crochet it..The embossing looks great to :).. good luck with your room !!
cbuswell said…
Beautiful soft colors, very pretty!
june lanum said…
beautiful card Stella
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
wow, wow, wow, another lovely creation Stella, love the accent color you picked for the challenge, as usual, love your soft and romantic style, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
Linda R. said…
This is so beautiful.. I just love it. That soft yellow is so romantic.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!
Maria said…
Very simply elegant romantic card, Stella! So so stunning...love it!!!
Stella, glad you had a great weekend! Sounds like it was lots of fun! I had one of those storage rooms in my house but finally had to clean my out for step son thankfully. Funny how things just get thrown in. This card is stunning! Live the pear ink you used! WoW!
**Farrah** said…
I had no idea white and green made such an elegant combo!! Just stunning!
Farrah
Cheryl Nelson said…
What a perfectly beautiful card!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!
Michele Gross said…
So lovely!! What a fun label sentiment and the embossing is fab!
Sylvia said…
Gorgeous card, Stella! My favorite color!where have you been? Happy Tuesday!
Sandra1968 said…
Ik vind dit een hele mooie kaart! Ook de label is super.
Deb Hickman said…
Gorgeous,love the colours and the embossing,so pretty. X
Very pretty, and congrats on your win at City Crafter!
Sue Lelli said…
Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous! LOVE the mostly white and green!
Sylvia said…
Congratulations, Stella!
One4Joy said…
Stella, love the texture and that syrup of kindness...we all need a 'pouring' for refreshing the sweetness, don't you think?!
Juls said…
STUNNING!!!!!!!! I love hwite on white, it always looks so luxurious!!!!! Love the embossing, the yellow is beautiful with it, stylish, luxurious, perfect! Hugs Juls
Michelle said…
Lovely card! I love that embossing folder...I use it often! Beautiful rose stamp and lace!