Skip to main content

CCCB # 41 "Sew Fun"

Good morning!

A new week and there is no better way to start this Monday with a card for one of my favorite challenge blogs. This week on the City Crafter Challenge Blog it's all about sewing...Stitching on your cards or projects or adding sewing embellishments or images.
I 've been looking for some sewing embellishments but the ones I would love to add were sold out and I don't have any sewing stamps. They're on my wishlist :) 
I decided to make a card and add a pin ( you could say a needle :) and a button. Just one and yes; I know that's not too much.... I also added some stitching.
Last Saturday I went to the craftstore ( seems like a weekly routine but I ran out of white cardstock and that's reason enough to go:) !!)
Being there I grabbed different kinds of lace which just arrived. You'll find one of these on my card.

Here is my pin/needle; it's handmade:



All papers are from Melissa Frances ( Vintage Posey). I slightly covered an embossed chipboard frame from Tattered Angels with a shade of green. The sentiment is from Hero Arts stamped with Tuxedo Black.
I got that lovely felt butterfly from Sylvia while we were swap partners.
Pink button from my stash. I inked the edges with white ink from Maya Road to soften it a bit...
I love this kind of lace but for one or the other reason which I still don't know it's not straight on my card. At first I didn't want to enter this card but time is running short and despite this uncooperative piece of lace I think it turned out quite lovely. (But I can tell you I was quite stressed and got pretty pi..ed. Forgive me my vocabulary)
Here is my not so perfect but I think sweet card:




 
And the flowers in the background? It's a bouqet I got from a very dear friend. We invited her for dinner and after 9 days it's still gorgeous. A few brown spots on a leaf which I removed. But the flowers are still beautiful!




I bought these pink cuties myself; I am ready for spring....



Have a wonderful Monday; till soon!
Stella




Comments

M@rjan said…
Ik vind het weer een schitterende kaart!!

Dat boeket mag er ook zijn, goede kwaliteit als het er na negen dagen er nog zo bijstaat!

Groetjes,Marjan
Tante Käthe said…
Beautiful Stella! Those frames are so versatile *grin*! Your cards always have that special soft touch, wonderful!
Ros said…
Such a pretty card again Stella .. love the MF papers and your sweet pin ... lovely flowers ... thanks for playing along at CCCB
Tessan said…
This is a wonderful card Stella, love love all about it, the lace, the flowerpaper, the frame, the pin, yes I can go on and on. Thank uou so much for you sweet comments on my blog, I really appreciate it!
cbuswell said…
Beautiful card, love the papers and sweet butterfly. Fab flowers! I love the primulas too, can't wait for spring!! : )
Terrie B x said…
I love your beautiful card Stella...and those flowers are `gorgeous` TFI
Enjoy the rest of your day :) x
kasia c. said…
This is beauiful, Stella. I love that chipboard frame, so pretty. Your pin/needle is also gorgeous. How did you make it?
Ira said…
Geweldig lief kaartje heb je gemaakt! Perfecte styling trouwens met dat prachtige boeket bloemen! Heerlijk hè, om zo al een beetje de lente in huis te halen? Fijne dag verder, liefs, Ira x
Linda R. said…
Your card is sooo pretty.. And you flowers are beautiful.. I can't wait for spring. So glad you joined us again.. I just love seeing your creations at CCCB!
Gorgeous card Stella! Love the felt butterfly and the beautiful TA frame!
Jacqueline said…
You have some beautiful papers to use and I just love the pink in this card!
your card is so very pretty, stella!! love the colors and the papers and pretty embellishments. love that bow and stickpin and the sweet butterfly. thanks for sharing and have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)
Monique said…
I don't know what to say except Beautiful!!And seeing your flowers puts a smile on my face..I cant wait till spring!!! Have a great day :)
Audrey Pettit said…
What a sweet card, Stella! Love that floral paper and your pretty lace, even though it did give you a hard time. And I just adore those TA chipboard frames. Use those all the time, myself. ;)
Very pretty flowers, too. I am with you......I'm ready for spring. We had such beautiful warm weather over the weekend, but now it's gloomy and freezing again. What a tease.
Deb Hickman said…
Beautiful,such pretty papers,looks perfect to me !!!
Juls said…
gorgeous! Love the little frame! Hugs Juls
Maria said…
So lovely, Stella! You always make such sweet beautiful cards!!! Just love the paper, frame, butterfly, lace, and pin! Thanks for sharing your flowers...very pretty! We are awaiting a snow storm here due tomorrow...brrrr...and grrrr...hehehe! We are definitely looking forward to spring here...take care!!!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
So lovely Stella, the frame and pin just go so well together with MS paper, soft and pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
Cheryl Nelson said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Nelson said…
This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
Heather Jensen said…
Beautiful Stella. Love the pretty pin. What are sewing stamps?
Oh my...the flowers are stunning. Love the colors.
Hugs~
PapierGirl said…
So soft and pretty Stella - I love the lace and the pretty butterfly with heart button and that pin is stunning. As for MF papers....you can never go wrong using those! I love your flowers...don't they just make you yearn for Spring! Our big snowstorm is due to hit tomorrow and the everyone is in a panic. My office is closed already on Wednesday! Guess what I'll be doing....you guessed it! :)
Joanne Leddy said…
Just gorgeous Stella! Love the little butterfly and I sure wish I had some of those frames - it's beginning to sound like a shopping trip for me! Beautiful flowers too. Aren't they extra special when it's so cold outside?
Sonia said…
Hi Stella
Love your creation look so lovely. I like the details especially the butterfly.
Great Creation.
Mmm! I smell the flowers so pretty.
Sabrina said…
A very pretty card, Stella!! And absolutely adore the tiny gorgeous pin!!
Sandy Ang said…
The softest, prettiest card I've seen this month. And thanks for sharing the bouquet photo. I'm handmaking flowers right now and need all the inspiration I can get.
One4Joy said…
'sew' lovely, Stella. Pretty details in your handmade pin and the depth of that frame...you do vintage in a beautiful way!

And the flowers are beautiful...how thoughtful
Sylvia said…
Stella! Your flowers are beautiful! The card is fabulous, love how you used all the elements, including the butterfly! the pin is gorgeous! Hugs to you my friend!
Suzie McFloozy said…
Wowsers this is perfectly pretty x
Gorgeous DP and the pin and frame are lovely x
Kudos on creating the pin yourself great job x
((hugs)) Suzie xx