Skip to main content

CCCB "Flower Show at Jersey City" and Tuesday Trigger " I'm so pretty"

Hello everyone!

How are you? Already Thursday and time flies. The past few days were filled with work, visits, chores and I managed to squeeze in some time to make a card...

This card is based upon two challenges; City Crafter Challenge Blog and Moxie Fab World.
Both challenges ae having a gorgeous picture in case you need some inspiration :)


This one is from the City Crafter Challenge Blog:

.


And this one from Moxie Fab World:




This weeks'challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog  is based upon using (a) handmade flower(s)

The picture of this weeks "Tuesday Trigger" made me think of one of my favorite stamps from Darkroom Door. It's a rose stamp and there is a certain resemblance with that pillow. ( I want that pillow :)!!!)
Of course I added a handmade flower and besides that my card doesn't have any embellishments.
That's not my habit; I love to add all kinds of things but this card didn't need more... 

I used Kraft and Vanilla cardstock from Bazzil, Spellbinders dies labels 4, a sentiment from Hero Arts and my rose stamp from Darkroom Door. I stamped the background with Versamark and after that I heat embossed it with white embossing powder from Zing. And the roses really look like that pillow don't you think? The flower is made from Vanilla cardstock. I punched out 5 flowers and scrunched them a bit...and added an adhesive pearl..



And here is my card:



And using this weeks Trigger Theme; I think this card turned out quite pretty :)
Enjoy your day!
Stella

Comments

Ros said…
You're right ... this card is stunning as it is and need no more ... beautiful entry Stella ... thanks for joining us again at CCCB
Laurel said…
Gorgeous card!
Debgem said…
Stella - Wow! I love the rose stamp and you're absolutely right - it's doesn't need anything else. Beautiful!
lauren bergold said…
oh WOW, your card is such a ♥FABULOUS♥ take on both the CCCB challenge & the trigger; that stamp is indeed UTTERLY perfect for the job and your card really does NOT need one single thing more! ♥ (& you were brilliant to KNOW THAT and just STOP!!!) (i can never quite do the "just stop" part, myself, lol!) :)
Linda R. said…
WOW.. This is so beautiful.. So elegant! Your handmade flower goes perfect!

Hugs, Linda
Monique said…
Wow is right. The white Heat embossing looks fab,.. Mixed with the kraft it looks very warm and elegant. Your flower is perfect with the big pearl center...Another beauty :)
june lanum said…
Stella, your card is beautiful, I love your handmade flower
M@rjan said…
Die achtergrond is heel erg mooi gemaakt! En je bloem... ahh super!! Prachtkaart, Stella!
Groetjes, Marjan
Sylvia said…
Just lovely! Stella I love how you used everything and your handmade flower is so pretty! Hugs my friend!
Tessan said…
I soo love your card, the flower is stunning!!
SeattleStamper said…
What a beautiful card!
Rebekah said…
awesome.. i totally love that flower! I'm going to have to try that myself!
Ira said…
Lachen! Dat was dus ook jouw eerste reactie toen je dat kussen zag! Hebben! Had ik dus ook hè, maar volgens mij héb je dat kussen inmiddels in huis en heb je 'm meteen kaalgeplukt, die bloem komt er immers zó vanaf, ha ha ha! Is super gelukt zeg! Fijne avond, liefs, Ira xxx
Rae said…
Very pretty!
Doti said…
Love this card, it is so beautiful.
Audrey Pettit said…
How very, very pretty, Stella! I love the shape to this little cutie and love the neutral color palette. Fabulous flower, too!
Gorgeous card Stella! Love that 3G bloom! Great take on these challenges! Thanks for the inspiration :)
Petra Tillmann said…
Wat een prachtige kaart, Stella! Die bloem is erg mooi!
Juls said…
elegant card! Love the soft sepia colours and your flower is just stunning! Hugs Juls
Deb Hickman said…
Simply divine,I love the elegant look of your card and your flower looks so much like the flowers on the cushion. I've got that background stamp I must find it out,it is so pretty.

Deb x
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
This is simply gorgeous Stella, love the handmade flower and the soft tone of this creation, thanks for playing along with CCCB, and thanks for the shout out for Pixie, good luck with round 3!
Charity said…
Lovely. The flower is beautifyl!
Joanne Leddy said…
My oh my - isn't this a jewel! The embossing is fabulous and I agree the flower is just enough for this card. Stella, you amaze me with the variety of styles you have mastered - every visit is a feast of beauty!
**Farrah** said…
Wow, you really outdid yourself with this stunner!! I'm in love with this card, and it's a great interpretation of the 2 challenges! Wow again.
Farrah
Amy said…
Stella this is GORGEOUS!! Wow, I LOVE your flower!! The whole card is amazing! Thanks for stopping by my bloggy blog and leaving me some lovins!! HUGS TO YOU. Amy:)
Michelle said…
Stella, your card is more than quite pretty...it is gorgeous!!! I love how you created the rose paper...genius!!! Beautiful flower!!!!!!
Kelly said…
Yes, this IS pretty! Love the shape! I have that on my wish list to get!
Suzie McFloozy said…
Stella this is pure elegance - I love the shape and the flower. And that background stamp fits the Tuesday trigger perfectly !
Gorgeous xx
((hugs)) Suzie xox
One4Joy said…
luscious and elegant, this is certainly worthy of the Tuesday Trigger!
Cath said…
Hey Stella! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)
Cheryl Nelson said…
Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE everything about this!
Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!