Skip to main content

TSTR # 46 "Winter wonderland"

Hello everyone,

How are you?
Sunday and already the last day of the weekend. It's a lovely day here. Freezing cold but the sun is shining and this is the third day in a row with blue skies. I am looking forward to spring; the garden looks horrible. Everything is bold and brown :)

Over to the challenge but  first I  want to thank the ladies of the DT for my honorable mention last week; I am so honored!Just take a look at this gorgeous picture:





I knew immediately what kind of card I wanted to create. Yes; right up my alley with white, off white and blue :)

Here's a close up of a few embellishments.....
( My apologies but again; a bit of a blurry picture. The next one is better ...)




I used a few of my favorites: a doily, felt, a brad made with pearls and rhinestones, gingham ribbon, pom pom trim and of course my favorite stamps from Waltzingmouse stamps ( Victorian Frippery; my best buy of 2010 :)!!) 
I stamped the Victorian border with Versamark  and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder from Zing. I inked the edges with Smokey Blue from Color Box; the sentiment is stamped with London Fog from Tsukineko.


And here is my card


I have some catching up to do with my financial administration.... Not my favorite but with the "tax-season" around the corner I want to have my papers in order.
I'll be back soon :)
Enjoy your day!
Stella

Comments

june lanum said…
Stella your card is amazing. Love it
M@rjan said…
Wat mooi, die embossing rand! Je hele kaart is weer een plaatje! Suces met je papierwerk, bleh!

Groetjes, Marjan
Ros said…
Such a beautiful card ... have a wonderful Sunday! xxx
PapierGirl said…
Bea-u-tiful Stella..........I love the embossing of the WM stamp - it just pops and the colors are so clean and crisp like a cold winter day and the snowflake is soooo pretty. I love everything!! :)
Debgem said…
This is absolutely beautiful! I love it all - the snowflake brad is marvellous.

Enjoy the paperwork ;)
Deb Hickman said…
Beautiful card,Stella. Just your colours.

Deb x
Tante K├Ąthe said…
That border stamp is sooooo beautiful! You created a lovely card Stella!
ahhh, just beautiful, stella! the embossed border is lovely! love your take on the challenge!! love the blue!
ohyah, i gotta get papers in order too...not really fond of this time of the year, hehe.
have a lovely nite!
*hugs* steph :)
Ira said…
Die stempelrand is echt waanzinnig mooi zeg! Het is echt net kant! Succes met je administratie, wanneer je er eenmaal mee bezig bent, gaat het vanzelf, toch? Fijne avond verder, liefs, Ira
Sylvia said…
What a beautiful blue card, Stella! I love the doily and the snowflake. It is quite nice here today, warm and sunny!
Juls said…
so gorgeous and stylish! Loving the embossing down the edge of the card! Hugs Juls
Robyn said…
Very beautiful!!...and the inspiration pic is so amazing! We don't see scenes like that much in Australia !!
Hey Stella! If blue skies inspirdthis gorgeous creation, I hope you keep getting more! The blue tones are so fab paired with the white embossing and felt snowflake with bling! Hope you could get your taxes worked out. Take care!
Debbie said…
So lovely, Stella!! So happy you could join us this week in the Tea Room :)
Axes DesigNs said…
Hi Stella thanks for coming to my blog.. yours is so beautiful.. you have such a pretty things.. good luck in your challenge!
Sabrina said…
So very pretty card!! Perfect choice of colors and I love the edge punches!! :D
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Somehow there is just that magic about winter and the color blue, isn't this card says it all?
Linda R. said…
This card is perfect for this challenge.. I love it!! It says winter all over it!!

Hugs, Linda
Sandra1968 said…
Wauw, dit is echt een schitterende kaart! De witte embossing vind ik ook erg mooi.
Fijne dag,
Sandra
Monique said…
Wow that inspiration picture is so pretty.. And your card is just as pretty..Love the felt snowflake with the pearls.. Great take on this challenge Stella !!
Audrey Pettit said…
This is stunning, Stella! Love, love that snowflake layered over the doily. Gorgeous colors, too.