Skip to main content

CCCB # 43 "All that glitters"

Hello everyone!
How are you? Busy creating ? :)
This is my second post for today; I'm just poppin' in....There is a truckload of laundry waiting for me; I really have some ironing to do. And I hope to visit you all this evening.

I made a card for this weeks' challenge at the City Crafter Challenge blog 
This week it's all about using silver and gold on your project.
I already picked my papers on Tuesday but it took me ages to make a combo of silver and gold and my embellishments.....
But; my card  is ready!
Besides the papers and the trim I created everything myself.
And let me tell you on forehand::
I think I lost myself a bit in doilies and heat-embossing :)

I covered a doily with Versamark and heat- embossed it with gold embossing powder from Zing. It turned out quite good...
I got these papers ( I really LOVE these!!!) from Jacqueline


.


That pin is handmade by me. Just adding some pearls and spacers on a pin with a bit of glue.
And that's all the silver I added :)
The flower is made out of pale yellow cardstock from my stash and I glued a pearl in the center.
I stamped the butterfly ( Marianne Design / Eline's huis) with Versamark onto vellum and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I cut it out and ...ready! The trim is from Maya Road.


The tag is stamped with Vintage Labels set and Victorian Frippery set; both from Waltzingmouse stamps. the tag is stamped with Tuxedo Black and the sentiment with London Fog. Both inks are from Tsukineko.I inked the edges with Smokey Blue from Color Box. I used my corner punch and distressed the edges with Antique Linen.

Here is my card; I hope you like it.



And now I must fold laundry and ironing...argh!!!!
I'll be back soon; It will be fun to visit you all.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Stella









Comments

Ros said…
It's beautiful Stella ... beautiful flower there my friend ... thanks for playing along at CCCB
Sandra1968 said…
Wauw, wat is dit een mooie en sjieke kaart! Heel erg leuk.
En succes met de was en de strijk ;-)
Groetjes, Sandra
Jacqueline said…
What a delightful card! The contrast of gold with pastel colors is so beautiful!
(I know what you mean about the truck load of laundry..lol.. I don't iron by the way!!)
Ira said…
Mooi met die gouden doily zeg! In eerste instantie dacht ik even dat het een notitieblokje was, vind deze kaartlengte nl. heel goed gekozen! Ben je trouwens uitgestreken? Ach ja, er zijn zo van die dingen die terug komen hè? Mijn probleem is dat de strijkplank ín mijn hobbykamer staat, dus ben ik zo afgeleid, ha ha ha!! Geniet van je zondag, liefs, Ira x
Jean Martin said…
Oh my goodness Stella! This is stunning!
PapierGirl said…
Wow Stella this is gorgeous! I love the embossed doily it looks so rich in comparison to the muted colors! Your butterfly is so pretty and that pin is WOW - is this going to be a new venture for you?!? I know what you mean about the laundry - I have a load going now and I'm off to the grocery store - why aren't these chores as fun as creating? Have a wonderful day! :)
beautiful stella! love the gold doily! Wow!
M@rjan said…
Ik ben er weer helemaal weg van!!! Deze kleuren en hoe je de doily hebt gedaan... SUPER!!

Groetjes, Marjan
Monique said…
Beautiful Stella... wow that doily looks fabulous:).. I think I need to try making some of those pins they always add so much.. A truck load of Laundry..oh boy good luck with that lol... Have a Happy Sunday my friend!!
RobinH said…
Fabulous card, Stella! So gorgeous and elegant! I love that pin you made too!
so beautiful, stella!!! love all that gold embossing on the doilie, wow! beautiful papers and embellishments. i'm in the middle of my truckload of laundry, hehe. hope you have a lovely evening, dear! *hugs* steph :)
june lanum said…
beautiful card Stella
Kelly said…
very pretty! Love your handmade pin!
Maria said…
So beautiful, Stella! Love your taste in paper...so lovely! Also, your handmade pins are so exquisite! How you placed your doily is just too sweet!!!
**Farrah** said…
I'm really amazed by how striking the embossed doily looks. Great idea!! It's so bold.

Congrats on the Expresso machine.
Farrah
Sabrina said…
Ahh so pretty, Stella!! :)))
Linda R. said…
Oh Stella... This is so beautiful.. That doilie turned out perfect.. Thanks for playing along with us over at CCCB!
Jaclyn Miller said…
Very clever how you gold embossed that doily - it came out great! Very pretty card.
Suzie McFloozy said…
Damn washing and ironing is never done is it !?
Glad you prioritised and posted you gorg' card first!
This is a beautiful card Stella - I love the soft colours with the bling of that gold doily and I adore that pin - you clever thing x
((hugs)) Suzie xx
Terrie B x said…
Stella your card is truly Beautiful..TFI
Hope you got the laundrey done and dusted:) x
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
FABULOUS Stella, I love this a lot!!!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
oops, thanks for playing with us at CCCB!
Cheryl Nelson said…
Truly BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!
Very very very pretttttttttttttty!
Sylvia said…
Absolutely gorgeous, Stella! YOu did such a beautiful job with everything on this card!
M@rjan said…
Ja, nu lukt het dus wel. Zonde om hier niet op te kunnen reageren. Want wat heb je weer een prachtkaart gemaakt! Die doily is een beauty!
En ik ben weg van je kleurcombinatie!

Groetjes, Marjan
Audrey Pettit said…
So elegant and lovely, Stella!
Pauline said…
A really beautiful card, love the gold embossed doily, it makes a great embellishment!
Juls said…
so soft and pretty!! Love it!! Hugs Juls
Michelle said…
Oh My! I'm blown away by this card! I really love your pins Stella! Great touch of gold!