Skip to main content

Handmade..... WM sketch #32 and TSTR #47 "Get Creative"

Hello....

After spending two days with my Kleenex tissues it's nice to have a nose that enables me to upload a card :)

How are you?

Last night I finally felt a bit better and I made a card for two challenges.

This week at The Shabby Tea Room it's all about a card or project using just stamping - no patterned papers allowed- and your own, handmade embellishment(s)!

 I combined this challenge with this weeks' sketch of the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge
Here's this weeks' sketch:





I had such fun creating my own background paper and embellishments; especially working with cardboard... I've seen it before on several blogs and I just wanted to try it myself.
These are the supplies I've used:

White, off white and cream cardstock
White embossing powder from Zing
Ink: Versamark, London Fog , Pumice Stone distress ink.

A piece of cardboard from a box which I got at the supermarket; I removed the top layer :)
( It took me a while because all these tiny little pieces stayed behind but it's fun to work with!)
Creatable Flower dies, Spellbinders labes one and Shapeabilitites "Lattice" dies, Cuttlbug Mini Tag dies
Waltzingmouse Vintage Christmas stamps ( sentiment)
Darkroom Door "Floral" background stamp
Some pearls, a button and some burlap twine


At first I stamped the background with Versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder:





I used one of my Labels one dies to cut out a piece of cardboard. I painted it with white acrylic paint and let it dry. I inked the edges with pumice stone and I used the same ink to ink the top a bit .
I made a diecut with my Lattice dies, embossed it and left it in my die while I inked it up a bit. I love the result.
I made three flowers with my flower dies, glued them together and added a pearl in the center.
I cut out the mini tag; stamped the sentiment and inked the edges. I added a small button and some twine.
 


I slightly inked the edges to give this card a "distressed" look.
At last two small pieces of a swirl and.....ready!
Here is my card:




I think I have some blogs to read:).. I hope to visit all of you today...
Have a wonderful day!
Till soon!
Stella

Comments

cbuswell said…
oh Stella, this is GORGEOUS!! SO creative!! love the embossed background, the cardboard and pretty flowers!! great job!!! (into my favorites folder it goes!!)
Tante K├Ąthe said…
I have just copied it also in my folder: "Awesome stuff by my buddies!"

This is one kind of a creation! This is a winner!
Ros said…
Beautiful card ... love that you used the cardboard ... it looks so good as do your flowers ... and your dies are so pretty ... hope you feel better soon and have a lovely day ...xxx
M@rjan said…
Wat heb je dit weer mooi gedaan, joh! En dat nog wel met een verkouden neus,helemaal super!

Groetjes, Marjan
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, so sorry to hear you've been sick, Stella! Glad you're getting better and hope you shake it completely soon.
Fabulous job on these two challenges, my friend. I'm intrigued by the Tea Room challenge this week. Totally afraid of the "no patterned paper" thing. Might have to give it a try. :) Love your take. Fabulous embossed background. Love the neutral scheme and the corrugated paper, too.
PapierGirl said…
So sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well - glad you're on the mend my friend! :) Gorgeous design - I love the gentle feel of your card and the embossing and flowers are perfect! The cardboard was a brilliant idea....I know exactly what you mean about all those little pieces. I have used one of those little sanding sponges and that seem to help. Have a wonderful day - my DH and I are out the door to start digging out of the blizzard we had yesterday.....approximately 2 feet of snow! :)
Kelly said…
Love the corrogated panel and the inked edges! Very Pretty!
Wow! Stella, this looks like a winner to me. Oh, it is super gorgeous! You must be so very proud of this creation. :D
~Tammy~ said…
This is just beautiful! Wow!!! This is dripping with elegance! Hope you are feeling better each day!
Pauline said…
This is so soft and lovely, very pretty.
Ira said…
Fantastische shabby chic kaart zeg! Heel mooi met die wittinten! En die achtergrondstempel is waanzinnig! Beterschap met je neusje, maar Kleenex is daar wel vriendelijk voor ha ha ha! Liefs, Ira x
Joanne Leddy said…
Oh wow! Absolutely incredible! And you used a box?! I'll be digging thru my closets now looking for corrugated cardboard! Gorgeous card Stella. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us!
Monique said…
You've done it again.. Love the embossed background and you have turned cardboard into something so pretty... Fantastic job on the challenges Stella!! I sure hope you feel better soon :)..Hugs Monique
oh, i'm sorry you were under-the-weather, but i'm glad you are feeling better stella :)! hope you're 100% better real soon.
gorgeous card, stella! you always create the most beautiful cards with your background stamping. love your use of cardboard, i love using it too, just adds wonderful texture! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful nite! *hugs* steph :)
Deb Hickman said…
Stella,this is stunning. I love the stamped background and the die cut cardboard looks amazing with those embellishments. The subtle white and cream colours just made me think wow !!!!!
Glad your feeling a bit better today.

Deb x
Debbie said…
Gor-jus, Stella! I am in love with the monochromatic color palette ... that embossing is beautiful and such dainty handmade flowers! So enjoy seeing your lovely work week after week in the Tea Room :)
Sylvia said…
You have done it again, made a gorgeous white card. It reminds me of a snowy miracle(flowers blooming anyway, maybe Crocus). You have done everything just perfect! Stay warm and hope you feel better!
Beautiful card Stella! PURE elegance!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
This is beautiful Stella, so dreamy and romantic!
Debgem said…
Utterly gorgeous!! So elegant and romantic - fab!
Michelle said…
So glad you are feeling much better, Stella!
This card is STUNNING, AMAZING!!!! Your embossing is perfect! Your handmade flowers are beautiful, so are the die cut shapes!!! Love the whole card!!
Hugs
Michelle
Sandra1968 said…
Fijn dat je je nu weer wat beter voelt. En voor ons natuurlijk fijn dat je nu je schitterende kaart aan ons kunt laten zien :-)
En de embossingachtergrond is ook heel erg mooi.
Heel veel beterschap!
Groetjes, Sandra
Suzie McFloozy said…
Stella this is another stunner - love love love the background and the cardboard "diecut" and your elegant neautral colour choice x
So sorry to hear you've been under the weather I hope you continue on the mend ! x
((hugs)) Suzie ((extra hugs since your poorly!)) xx
**Farrah** said…
Very beautiful Stella. One of your best cards, in my opinion!! That embossing is amazing.
Farrah
PS - Since your feeling better.... I think you should go for TSTR DT, your style is perfect for them.
Linda R. said…
Another Beauty you have here.. Your handmade flowers are just gorgeous.. Love everything about your card.. So glad to here your feeling better.

Hugs, Linda
Maria said…
Oh wow, Stella! This card is gorgeous! Just love the elegant feel of it with all the white embossing! Also, love the look of the painted cardboard. I must give that a try some time! Good luck with the challenge! Take care and get well soon!
Jacqueline said…
The cardboard diecut is perfect for your card - it adds some French allure to it, well I think!
Beautiful and so elegant!
Juls said…
soft and elegant! I adore it!!! Hugs JUls
Pattie said…
Beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room!
Sue Lelli said…
How did i miss this , Stella??!! Congrats! This is just GORGEOUS!