Skip to main content

CCCB # 47 "In my pocket"

Hello!

Yes. it's weekend and that means more time for crafting :)
One of my sisters came here on Thursday and we went to the city for some shopping, lunch and had a wonderful time. Thursday evening I cooked her favorite dinner and we spent the evening talking, laughing and crafting . My sister creates breathtaking quilts and all kinds of other quilt project.
It's fun to be crafting together; especially with one of my sisters! She went home yesterday and after she left I finished my project for this weeks' challenge at the City Crafters Challenge Blog. This week you have to create a card, project or tag with a pocket.
Here is a gorgeous picture with pockets:




The last few weeks I made a lot of pins and I have been looking for a sort of wrapping to send them to others. This challenge is a perfect opportunity to create something for that purpose.

Tags are great way to add some pins and put them in a pocket. And a great way to use some scraps; I have a lot of paper scraps. Like the most of us :)
I used cream, kraft and pink cardstock from my stash.
I stitched a piece of linen (IKEA) on a piece of cream cardstock and added some lace and trim.
I cut out a label and stamped a sentiment ( Waltzingmouse Rescue Remedies additions) on it.
On top a tag with a sweet sentiment( Waltzingmouse Rescue Remedies additions) some twine and an adhesive pearl. The edges of my card are distressed with Antique Linen distress ink:




The tags were made from scraps of papers from Tilda and Marianne Design (Eline's huis)
I put the pins on a piece of felt, glued it on my tag and covered it with a piece of paper.
I addded some trim and a button. On the other tag I added a crocheted flower and a sweet sentiment ( Waltzingmouse Fancy Phrases).




A close up of the pins and the flower:




And this is my card; ready to send it to someone:




It's my first attempt to add some fabric on a card and I think it turned out quite well.
I am pleased with the result and I hope you like it too.
And now I have to go to the supermarket and after that I have an appointment with my washing machine :)
Till soon!
Stella



Comments

Ros said…
Oh Stella this is so beautiful ... I love all those trims ... the material looks really lovely and your pins ... absolutely gorgeous!!! So glad you got to see your sister and had fun ... Have a lovely day ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB ... XXXX
Kelly said…
LOVE this Stella. The colors are darling, love the lacey touches and of course the PINS are amazing. Such a cute idea. I got a little stumped on that challenge and passed. LOVE your entry! GOOD LUCK!
Inger said…
Wowwww this is just so beautifully designed Stella!!!!
Love the material you have used, it's all so pretty!!
Have a lovely weekend.

♥ Hugs, Inger
Michelle said…
Stella, I'm in love with this!!!! Gorgeous material! The trims and papers are so pretty, and you know how I feel sbout your pins!! Stunning!
Ginny said…
Like it? I love it! Absolutely gorgeous. What a wonderful way to package those beautiful pins that you made. All the pinks and creams are beautiful together and you did a great job with the fabric. The trims are so pretty and that flower just gives it the final bit of wonderful handcrafted feel. I'm drooling over this one! :o)
M@rjan said…
Gaaafff!!! Wat een mooi geheel en dan met die prachtige pins van jou erin. Je zult het maar krijgen, geweldig!!

Groetjes en fijn weekend, Marjan
june lanum said…
this is gorgeous, I love your pins and the packaging is beyond gorgeous........
love your card filled with those fabulous tags and pins! hehe, you're so funny, i have an appointment with my washing machine all weekend, hehe. thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful weekend, stella! *hugs* steph :)
Cheryl Nelson said…
soooooo incredibly lovely!!! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!
Rebekah said…
Aww Stella! These are perfect! Such a great idea to shocase your pins and send them! Loving your colour schemes and your trims :) Have a wonderful weekend crafting!
Jacqueline said…
Good evening Stella from a rainy, windy France!
I love your idea of tags with the pins to fit into your pocket - just stunning project!
Deb Hickman said…
Stunning, I love it,what a great idea and the fabric looks gorgeous. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.xxx
**Farrah** said…
This is amazing!! What a great idea! First the receipent gets a lovely card, then those pins as well!! How happy they'll be!!
Farrah
Suzanne C said…
Wow! Love the pins and the beautiful pocket! Fabulous!
Audrey Pettit said…
What a beautiful pocket card, Stella! I love the fabric you added, and love the double tags for inside. Your pins look so beautiful displayed in this way. Really lovely!
Linda R. said…
I just Loooove this.. Your pocket card is perfect and those tags are so beautiful.. And those pins are the perfect touch.. Yep you have out done your self my friend..

Thanks so much for joining us over at CCCB!
We love seeing you!!

Hugs, Linda
Linda B said…
Ohhh... that is soooo wonderful. Wow... are you the clever one!!!!
Heather Jensen said…
I think it is beautiful Stella. Love your sweet little pocket of pins. I am sure someone will love them. :)
Hugs~
What a sweet project Stella! Love the little pearl stick pins on your tag and the pretty crocheted flower looks fab!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Oh wow, great work there Stella, I love the addition of fabric, and those handmade pins and flower are just gorgeous, thanks for sharing your talent with us at CCCB! Always good to have you here!
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card Stella! Looks like you had a lot of fun making it! Love the tags!
Pauline said…
Beautiful pockets, and gorgeous fabric. Please pop over to my blog, I have something for you ;-)
Ira said…
WOW WOW WOW! Díe zien er gaaf uit Stella! Je hebt supermooie stof uitgekozen, echt helemaal jouw kleuren ook! Mooi hoor, zo met die stickpins en alle details, prachtig! Geniet van je zondag, liefs, Ira X (p.s. volgens mij heb je deze wel "in the pocket"!!)
Tante Käthe said…
Stunning! Someone will receive a beautiful gift from you! What a great idea for sending out small items in a small pocket.

Have a wonderful Sunday Stella!

Hugs
Majo
Gisèle said…
Oh Stella, I just love your style; there is always a classy elegance to your cards, and a
great attention to details. This is just so gorgeous; your pins are fabulous, I love your use of fabric,and your laces and trims are to die for. I have a tiny bit of advise if you don't mind. I think the "For you" was meant to read "For Gisèle" Hee hee hee...xoxox big hugs from Canada...
Sasha said…
These are all so very pretty. You have many beautiful cards on your blog.
Petra Tillmann said…
Wat een prachtige kaartjes, Stella!
PapierGirl said…
Oh Stella this is just beautiful, and not only will the recipient receive such a lovely handmade gift, but an equally gorgeous card!

P.S. I love the trims you used! :)
beautiful, love that trim!!
Sue Lelli said…
Oh Stella, this is BEYOND BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the pocket of pins and that FAB flower! Just GORGEOUS!
Kate W. said…
Stella, you are such a sweetheart. I always love to hear from you!!! The pins and crocheted flower are presented so smartly and the way you used the fabric is absolute perfection. Your gift bags are so feminine and beautiful. So wonderfully spring-like!
Monique said…
Oh my goodness This is fabulous Stella.. I love all the pins and crochet flower with the perfect packaging... So creative!!
Viola Mahr said…
Oh, I LOVE your pockets!! :) the one full of trinket pins would be any girl's dream. Thank you for sharing, Stella!
Diane said…
Beautiful...love the pocket and the goodies inside it are so pretty...what a lovely "gift" for someone!!
Maria said…
A very sweet and stunning creation by you, Stella! I LOVE your pins!!! And to have them displayed in such a way is so beautiful!
lynn said…
stella! i just love these! such a darling gifts idea:)
kasia c. said…
The fabric is gorgeous! Stella, you make the most beautiful pins! :)
Sandra1968 said…
Wauw, dit vind ik superleuk!