Skip to main content

Wedding and CCCB # 46 "Spring Fling"

Hello everyone!
Are you all having a great weekend?
Our weekend started yesterday; one of our very best friends got married yesterday
and I had the privilege to be one of the witnesses for the bride!
It started yesterday morning with a lot of stress. I bought a black velvet skirt (gorgeous; length just
above my knees) and guess what; the zipper broke after I'd put it on. I dressed up on Thursday
 to check if everything was ok..You know; are all the buttons ok and so on.. and there was nothing
 wrong with that zipper. But it broke. And it was 8.30 AM and we had to leave at 8.45 AM. Get
the picture; all dressed up,  panties, high heels and makeup and you find out that there is something
very wrong wth your skirt....argh!!!! Thank God there was one other skirt I could wear and off we
went.... And to say it in a well mannered way; I was NOT amused.......
Without furhter delay we arrived and we had a fabulous and spectacular day. The bride was breathtaking...I'll post a picture as sonn as I get one.....
The bride is one of my very best friends and she already lived together with her man before
 she got married. ( Quite usual here in Holland to live together before you get married)
After years of waiting and hoping she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on October 27th, 2010.
There were already plans to get married but everything happened sooner as expected due to a very
sad cause....January 2011 her father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  The doctors told him that
there were only a few months left;  radiaton and chemo were not an option....... the cancer was already fully spread throughout his body...
Her father had one last wish......To be able to join the wedding of his youngest daughter and walk
 her down the aisle.
Within 6 weeks they planned and organised the whole wedding and yesterday was the BIG DAY.
I'm still impressed.... That very moment in church; walking down the aisle with her father...
There was no dry eye in that church.
After the ceremony there was a huge wedding cake, champagne and after the wedding reception
 a lovely wedding dinner. Being there, joining this very special and emotional occasion; I will remember
this day the rest of my life.

And now something completely different; a card :)

This week at City Crafter Challenge Blog  it's all about spring colors; cream, blue, green and pink.
Here is the gorgeous photo inspiration:




I finsished my card at Thursday but it was already too late to take a decent picture. But today I finally had the chance to take them and here it is:




Some layering with patterned Paper from Tilda and that blue strip of paper is a tiny piece of a gorgeous paper pad that Ros sent me a few weeks ago. I ran that strip through one of my MS border punches and inked the edges with a shade of aqua ink from Color Box. The butterfly is stamped with Versamark on Vellum and I heat-embossed it with white embossing powder. The pin is made by me :).
Ruffled trim from Maya Road, lace from my stash and the rose is from Prima. Underneath the rose I
stamped a doily with Versamark and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder ( stamp from Maya Road). The sentiment ( Watlzingmouse Fancy Phrases) is also heat-embossed.
You could say that I am in a kind of heat-embossing mood :)
I used a kraft card and inked the edges with white ink.
It's a bit hard to read the sentiment but IRL it looks gorgeous. These soft shades of colors make me think of spring and I am ready for some nice weather and sunshine. We had a sunny day and the weatherforecast for the next few days is very promising!
Ooops; off track.I'm sorry :)
Here is my card!




I just checked and I know now that I can spend a few hours visiting you. You all have been very creative the last two days!
Till soon; have a lovely weekend!
Stella





Comments

Inger said…
Wowww this is so elegant and beautiful Stella!!!
Love it!! :)

♥ Hugs, Inger
june lanum said…
so glad you had a good time and your card is just gorgeous.......................
Lenet said…
prachtige kaart!!eens kijken of ik ook aan deze challenge toe kom. de kleuren zijn geweldig!
Juls said…
just beautiful! Hugs Juls
Michelle said…
Stella, this story made me so sad. :( I lost my father to cancer...I miss him every day!
Although, I'm so happy for the bride!!!
Now onto something happy...I love your card!!! Beautiful embossing! You should start selling your pins....I would buy them!!! I love them!!
Ros said…
What a story ... TFS ... glad you had a good day but so sorry about your skirt!! ... your card is beautiful as always ... soft, serene and so pretty ... thanks so much for being our regular here at CCCB ... xxx
PapierGirl said…
What a beautiful story and a wonderful gift for your friend and her father to share such a special day when he doesn't have many left - thanks for sharing! Your card is such a beauty - so soft and elegant and that butterfly is gorgeous! I agree with Michelle - I would buy your pins too! :)
Gorgeous card Stella! Love the delicate butterfly!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Beautiful card Stella, that lacey (embossed vellum) butterfly is so sweet and lovely, love your handmade pin too.

I can believe that there were no dry eyes in the wedding ceremony, I sitting thousands and thousands miles away and still tears when I read this post, very touching! Thanks for sharing!

Last but not least, thanks for the shout out for Pixie, good luck!
what a touching story of your friend's wedding. i'm glad that everything worked out at the end and that her father was able to share her special day with her.
beautiful card! love your heat embossing, fabulous and beautiful stickpin! thank you for sharing and i wish you a lovely Sunday!
*hugs* steph :)
Maria said…
An emotional day filled with mixed feelings attending the wedding, Stella! But, as one will look back a happy one indeed to have the father walk your friend down the aisle! It does sound like it was a very happy occasion! You card is so so lovely! I absolutely LOVE that butterfly...so GORGEOUS! All the details of your card are so pretty and romantic! Take care and have a great weekend!
Marisa said…
Beautiful soft colours and card :)
Rebekah said…
I love the picture you created with your touching story.. indeed a very special occasion!
Love the soft shabbyness of your card! :) have a great weekend!
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card and beautiful story! So glad I found Pauline! The girls blog I was on had made a tulip card and I noticed Pauline's comment(on the page above where I was typing) I hope you will become good blog friends! She was impressed with your English, she commented on my blog today!I love this wonderful blog world! We have so many wonderful friends! Hugs for the rest of your weekend.
Angelica said…
Beautiful card, love that butterfly.
Pauline said…
What a frustrating start to the day! But, what a wnderful day you all had, full of love and emotion I'm sure.

This is a fab card, so very pretty, you always have the right balance of papers! Love it! xx
M@rjan said…
Ik vind je verhaal over je vriendin, haar bruiloft en haar vader zo indrukwekkend mooi... kan me voorstellen dat je deze dag nooit meer vergeet!
Je kaart is prachtig en verfijnd! HEEL erg mooi Stella!

Groetjes, Marjan
Deb Hickman said…
Such a touching story, it sounds as though you all had a wonderful day if not emotional.
Beautiful card, the papers are so pretty and the butterfly looks so delicate, perfect !!! Thanks for your sweet comment and encouragement, really looking forward to the month. The photo of Hubby was the Gaudi bench, I absolutely loved Barcelona.xoxoxo
Sandy Ang said…
I can imagine all the emotions at the wedding. It's funny how the most beautiful things in life is also sometimes sad. Anyway your card captures such a lovely sense of delicacy.
Kelly said…
Sorry about your zipper, but the rest of the day sounds magical. What a blessing for the dad to be able to walk his daughter down the aisle.

Lovely card. I love how you used the soft colors!
cbuswell said…
What a moving story, wonderful that he was able to walk her down the aisle. Yikes about the zipper... I'd be very flustered!!

Beautiful card, love the butterfly, pin and the yummy lace at the top! fabulous!!!
curlyqmosaics said…
Your card is so beautiful and dainty! I love the elegance!
Audrey Pettit said…
What a weekend you've had, my friend! Such a touching story about the wedding. So sorry about your skirt, though. :(
Your card is lovely. Soft and romantic feeling, and I love the embossing. The little doily behind the rose is so sweet. Really pretty!
Jacqueline said…
Another pretty card and gorgeous butterfly!
Glad to hear your day at the wedding was wonderful in the end!!
Sue Lelli said…
What a BEAUTY, Stella! LOVE the papers and the lace and the borders! Just MAGNIFICENT!
Sandra1968 said…
Wat een superleuke kaart!
Suzie McFloozy said…
O how I love a wedding and this one sounds especially touching x
Your card is just as beautiful as your day sounds and I love the colour combo x
I haven't actually heat embossed velum so I'm going to try that this week - thanks for the inspiration x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo
Ira said…
Wat een prachtig en indrukwekkend verhaal... Ik weet precíes hoe iedereen zich heeft gevoeld, want mijn zusje was in verwachting van haar tweede toen mijn moeder al zo ziek was. Ze wilde zó graag dat kleintje in haar armen houden dat de huisarts het heeft geregeld dat ze met mijn vader in de ambulance naar het ziekenhuis kon komen, dus je snapt dat ook wij het niet droog hielden... Vind het wel prachtig dat de vader van je vriendin dit nog kan meemaken en wat zullen ze samen trots zijn geweest... Prachtig!!! Sneu van je rok trouwens, maar helaas erg herkenbaar, ik heb ook altijd van die momenten ha ha ha!! Altijd makkelijk om nog wat extra's in de kast te hebben hangen! Over afdwalen gesproken: ben ik nou geloof ik ook erg aan het doen hè, je kaart is een plaatje en heel geschikt voor allerlei momenten! Liefs, Ira
Jaclyn Miller said…
What a touching story Stella, had a few tears well up. Thank you for sharing that. Sorry that your zipper broke, but glad you faced the challenge head on and came up with a solution!
Ginny said…
Your card is beautiful! Simple, elegant and beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story. So glad all went well for you with your broken zipper. I'm sure it will be a wonderful memory for all that attended.
Linda R. said…
Oh my goodness my sweet friend how did I miss this card.. It is beautiful.. And what a touching story.. So glad you had a back up plan.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Hugs, Linda
Cheryl Nelson said…
Such a touching story!! This could not be more gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!
I enjoyed hearing about the wedding, Stella. That darn zipper on the skirt! Sheesh. Glad you all had a good time.

Your card is - as always - a delight. YOu have such a softness to your designs that I just LOVE to see.
Kate W. said…
The pins you make are fantastic! They are a fun little gift in themselves! The butterfly embossed on vellum is so delicate and the perfect accent for your card. You added all the right touches!!