Skip to main content

A note from a happy mother....

(on forehand I apologise for grammar mistakes or using the wrong words; English is not my native language)

I am happy to tell you that Michiel is doing fine. He did have surgery Tuesday evening. It took the surgeon and her team 3.5 hours and given the circumstances Michiel is doing fine. He is still at the hosptial. And I expect him to be there for the next 4 or 5 days.

The surgery went well.
The surgeon initially started with a laprascopie but came very quickly in many adhesions to the small intestine. It was immediately decided to make an incision in the lower half of his stomach to get better look and more space to do their job..

There were many adhesions to the small intestine and they all started with this release. Then they went looking for his appendix. It took a while before she'd found it .... They had expected to "find" it in the left half or in the middle of the abdominal  but found it  there on right The appendix itself was good, no infection or anything else to see. But he was quite well hidden in adhesions to the intestines. It also loosened and then the appendix is ​​removed preventively. To avoid any possible problems in the future.
Then they went looking for an infection, given the values ​​of his blood. But couldn't find it.The strong suspicion that the pain and symptoms are caused by the adhesions, but she could not say this with absolute certainty ..
Because his stomach and intestines are healthy, the surgeon decided not to look any further. . That would cause new adhesions and she woould avoid that risk as much as possible. There is no direct cause found, they simply do not know. But have very strong suspicion that the symptoms are caused by adhesions.
We are also relieved, grateful for a skilled surgeon / team who has the time / have taken.


Today things are slightly getting back to normal. I have to catch up with things around the house and  I am looking forward to cook a healthy dinner again. But first; I am going to see my son. He did have a good night sleep.

And I hope to "see" you again soon.
Love and hugs; and thank you so so much for your thoughtfulness and warm wishes!

Stella









Comments

Ros said…
Wonderful news ... hope to speak soon ... xxx
Jules said…
Hi Stella

I have had so many problems in blogland that I have only just read about all the worry and stress you have been going through.

I am so sorry.

I am however pleased that your Son is getting the care and attention he needs and that he had a good night's sleep after his traumatic time.

These last few days must have been awful for you. It doesn't matter how big our kids get they are still our babies aren't they?

I hope things improve quickly for your son and he soon gets discharged.

Your English is brilliant by the way!!

Love and cyber hugs
Jules xx
cbuswell said…
That's good news, I hope he's back to full health soon. It must be so worrying. Take care.
Linda B said…
Oh... thank the Lord everything is going good... so happy for you!
Robyn said…
Glad its happy news Stella! Love to you...Robyn
Wendy ten Hove said…
Hi Stella,

Goed nieuws, maar toch vervelend ook wel dat ze niet hebben kunnen vinden wat het nou was... Hopelijk was het goed met hem toen je bij hem op bezoek was en hopelijk is hij snel weer beter en bij je thuis!!!
Ik denk aan jullie!!

Liefs, Wendy
M@rjan said…
Fijn dat ik deze "follow up" lees van je, het ziet er goed uit! :):)
Ik ben blij voor jullie!

Groetjes, Marjan
Cheryl Nelson said…
Big Hugs Stella! What a frightening experience! I'm so glad all is well now and wishing him a very speedy recovery!!
syviastamps said…
Good new Stella, Glad your son is on the mend. Have a good weekend and enjoy the time you get to visit with him!
Hugs Sylvia
Petra Tillmann said…
Ik lees nu pas het verhaal over je zoon. Ik hoop dat hij nu snel weer naar huis mag! Groetjes, Petra
Sandra1968 said…
Bedankt voor je update en beterschap en sterkte voor jouw zoon.
Groetjes, Sandra
Tante Käthe said…
Thanks so much Stella for giving us an update and the good news!

Hugs
Majo
Suzie McFloozy said…
I'm so pleased Michiel is doing well and on the road to recovery - I have thought of you often over the last couple of days x

Take care of you and yours, meanwhile we'll keep sending love and positive thoughts xx
((hugs)) Suzie xox
Deb Hickman said…
That's great news,Stella. Have a good weekend.xxx
Linda R. said…
I just now read what is going on with your son.. I am out of town with limited internet access.. I am so glad to hear the surgery went well.. That has to be so stressful.. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family..

Hugs, Linda
Juls said…
so pleased to hear Michiel is doing well, thinking of you all! HUgs Juls
Maria said…
Oh wow, Stella! I'm very happy that the surgery went well for your son. I'll keep him in thought and prayer for a speedy recovery! Am sorry you have had several things to deal with lately. I hope your back is feeling better. You take it easy! Hugs to you and family...take care!:-))
Pauline said…
Oh Stella, I really hope he recovers quickly, what a horrible shock for you and your family. Take care, love and hugs xxx
june lanum said…
glad to hear your son is doing better
Davi said…
Stella so pleased to hear your good report for Michiel!! Will pray that he has a speedy recovery and is back to normal self. :) hugs to you take care
Ira said…
Wat heerlijk om te horen dat Michiel het al zo goed doet! Dat is een enorme geruststelling voor jullie allemaal, nogmaals heel veel sterkte en beterschap, het ga jullie goed! Heel veel liefs, Ira xxx
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
So glad to hear this Stella, what a relief....
Take care and everything will be fine, hugs to you my friend!
Joanne Leddy said…
Oh my goodness Stella! I've been away for a couple days and just returning to the blogs to learn what you've been through! God bless you and your family. Thankfully things are getting better - my thoughts are with you, my friend!
Michelle said…
I hope your son recovers soon! It's hard to see your child in pain and not be able to help...sending you love and hugs....hope you can feel them!
Heather Jensen said…
So glad to hear he is doing better. I sure hope that all his problems will be gone soon. I bet you enjoyed a good home cooked meal. :)
Hugs,
Heather