Skip to main content

25th wedding anniversay part 1; flowers and a handmade quilt

Hi! This is my second post for today!

Last Saturday we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. one of our friends made a lot of photos (hundreds) and he is busy sorting them. As soon as we get them I'll post some on my blog.
We received the most beautiful flowers and one of my sisters made a gorgeous quilt.


Michiel and his girlfriend Elisa gave us these beauties:




Friends of us gave us this:




And another friend gave us this ( it almost looks like a bridal bouqet :)




Peonies; one of my very favorites.....




One of my sisters gave us a few presents and one of these was this cutie to put on my garden table....




And another friend gave us this basket filled with white flowers.
She said: `Sweetie just look at it, drink your espresso and enjoy!!!`




One of my sisters made a quilt especially for our silver wedding anniversary. It´s handmade...  no machine stitching. On top she added 25 hearts  and a set of wedding rings; sewed by hand.
This is a close up of the back of the quilt; you can see the wedding rings and the hearts:




A detail of the front:




Pure beauty to wrap around your shoulders or to cover your legs on a cold night.




Favorite colors, gorgeous patterns and handmade with love. What else could I wish for?
You are right; nothing :)




I'll be back soon with a card!

Stella

Comments

Deb Hickman said…
I'm so glad you had wonderful time and whet beautiful gifts. Wow, that handmade quilt is gorgeous and so personal,I'm sure that will become a family heirloom.xxx
Tante Käthe said…
Beautiful flowers! That quilt is awesome, a lot of love in that kind of work!

So good to see you back!

Hugs
Mjao
cbuswell said…
Gorgeous flowers, all beautiful. That quilt, WOW, what a wonderful gift... definitely a family heirloom made with love.
Cheryl Nelson said…
Happy Anniversary! That quilt is AMAZING!! It looked like such a wonderful day being with those you treasure!!
Sasha said…
WOW! Stella you lucky girl! The quilt is so gorgeous...something to treasure. And thoose plants and flowers are beautiful. I'm pleased you had such a lovely anniversary after the trauma of your sons illness xx
bearkis said…
Прекрасно,нежно,като букетите с цветя!Поздрави!
Ros said…
Oh it's so good to have you back ... what fantastic flowers ... there can never be too many .. and the quilt ... I am smitten ... this is without doubt a fantastic creation ... what a wonderful gift! ... so much work has gone into it and it went to someone I know will treasure it ... not only that but it will be passed down through generations ... a treasure indeed ...
Linda R. said…
Happy anniversary.. Your flowers are beautiful. And that quilt.. I can't say enough about. It looks so soft and pretty. I just love it...

Hugs, Linda
Michelle said…
The flowers are wonderful!! That quilt ir truly an heirloom in the making!!! t is a work of art! Treasure it always!!
Sabrina said…
Loving all the gorgeous flowers! Wow!!
Pauline said…
What gorgeous flowers Stella, sounds like you had a fabulous time!
Audrey Pettit said…
congratulations, Stella! I am so happy that you had a wonderful day filled with wonderful people. Looks like everyone really spoiled you guys with beautiful flowers. Your sister's quilt is just amazing! SO stunning!