Skip to main content

CCCB # 61 ATC

Hi!

How are you? Enjoying your weekend?
It's weekend and that also means more time for crafting :)
Yesterday we celebrated Michiels' birthday; it was a small birthday party.
There will be a big party once he is fully recovered from the surgery.
I also spent time making jam ( strawberry/rhubarb with a little bit of cinnamon and vanilla; d-el--i-c-i-o-u-s!!) And this weekend I am also making strawberry jam :)


It has been raining on and off today and after my grocery shopping and the never ending story of the
 laundry I made an ATC. Yep; the first one! And I must admit; making these cuties is addicitive.
My head is spinning with ideas and I will make more of these.

But first I want to thank the DT of the City Crafter Challenge Blog for making me a spotlight artist again; thank you so so much ladies. I am so honored!

The idea of making an ATC is because of this weeks'challenge at the City Crafter Challenge blog
 Since these Artist Trading Cards are for exchange only you can submit your ATC for the challenge and add it to your package if you decide to join the swap;
You can read all the details about the swap HERE

At first I had no idea how to begin but looking at the gorgeous creations from their DT ( thank you ladies)
I decided to create something that is also telling a bit about the things I love to use on my cards and projects.

I added;
something blue ( not really surprising :)
patterned paper with flowers and gingham
a crocheted flower
some pearls
pom pom trim
a sentiment
some twine
distress ink
some stitching
and a little charm that I just LOVE!

I think that pretty sums up the things I love to use; let's take a look!

Twine from the Ribbon Reel and that charm was a gift from my sister Jeanne.


The sentiment is from Cosmo Cricket ( Tiny Type stickers)
I added a bit of scrappers floss to the button



That crocheted flower is also a gift from my sister Jeanne ( check out her blog. She started blogging last week and posted already a few of her a-m-a-z-i-n-g creations!!)
A little pink pearl and a piece of a string of pearls
Pom pom trim from Maya Road




Papers from the Girls' Paperie; Í am hoarding these :) , a few stitches and some distress ink.
Here is my ATC; I think it gives you a good impression of the things I love to worK with:




Enjoy your day/evening; till soon!
Stella





Comments

Ros said…
This is totally breathtaking ... I love every tiny inch of this ... clean, pretty and full of beauty ... thank you so much for sharing this with us at CCCB ... and I will definitely check out your sister's blog!! xxx
Andrea said…
I love all your work. I am also interested in the jam with vanilla and cinnamon. Yum!!
Joanne Leddy said…
This little beauty is so adorable! I love every inch of it! Isn't it wonderful to use bits and pieces of various treasures you've collected along the way ... each time you pick one up you think of that someone special who gave it to you. What a lucky lady you are to be so blessed! I'm off to visit your sister Jeanne - I'll have to ask her about that sweet crocheted flower!
Gisèle said…
oh, i LOVE that charm....and your jam sounds very good also; my favorite is Rasberry/Rhubarb.
just in case you are taking orders LOL....
Stella, your ATC is fresh and pretty...You know, I have made and sold about 80 cards, but am intimitaded by ATC's ; isn't that crazy?
Congrats on being a spotlight artist again...
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Lovely ATC with all the favorite and sweet stella's element, so so pretty!
Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB, and I am hopping to Jeanne's blog now!
Lin said…
What a pretty ATC, Stella! I love those papers especially and the way you added your special embellishments to them. I so agree, ATCs can be addictive!
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful! Love the charming paper and then the lovely flower and details!
Linda B said…
Well you have been the busy one... love the sound of that jam. Yummm! It's been a long time since I did that.
Your ATC is beautiful... all your elements are so lovely. Love the crocheted flower.
Please pass on a "Happy Birthday" to your son from me and the Penmaker.
And if you would, please stop by my blog. I have an award for you!
Your homemade jam sounds scrumptious Stella! Growing up, my parents grew Rhubarb in our garden and my Mom made the best Rhubarb pie ever. Since she passed nearly 10 years ago, I haven't had any since. Thanks for the sweet memory :)
Your card is so pretty! Love the PP and the sweet little crocheted flower!
syviastamps said…
So pretty, Stella and all your favorites in this one little ATC, I love the little charm. Jam sounds delicious and Happpy Birthday to Michiel. Sylvia
Tante Käthe said…
Amazing how you combined so many details on that little card, I love them all Stella! And I can also tell you "dwelled" in all your favorites ;)

Have a good Sunday!

Hugs
Majo
Debgem said…
That jam sounds delicious!!! I've never made home-made jam - must try it out. I do remember my Mum making it though - and the smells - oh!! That's a great memory :)

This ATC is just so beautiful. I love the papers, the stitched detail, the sweet charm and the crocheted flower!! All lovely.

Good to hear that Michiel is getting better and that you had a good party for him. Hugs, xx
Petra Tillmann said…
Wat een mooie ATC, Stella! Heel lief geheel.
Deb Hickman said…
Beautiful ATC, the papers,flower pearls they are just you. Your jam sounds gorgeous,you are so talented. Enjoy your Sunday.xxxx
Wendy ten Hove said…
Wauw, wat is hij leuk geworden, Stella!! Ik maak eigenlijk zelf nooit atc's, heb er een keer een uitgewisseld met Petra. Was wel heel leuk om te doen, inderdaad, je moet een beetje in het klein denken zo en dat is weer heel anders. Wie weet, misschien maak ik er nog wel eens een. Die van jou is in elk geval een beauty, leuke kleurtjes en papier en super dat je er zo veel van je lievelingsdingen in gestopt hebt! Zelf jam maken, oeh, heerlijk zeg! Die van afgelopen weekend klinkt echt geweldig!!!
Ik wens je een heerlijk weekend toe nog verder, ondanks het prutweer ;-)
Liefs, Wendy
M@rjan said…
Wat een schatje, je ATC kaartje! Mooi gemaakt met weer veel gevoel voor details!
Hier is het herfst, weekend is fijn, maar dat weer...!! Bahbah!!
Lekker hoor klinkt je jam! Ik heb het ook wel eens gemaakt, maar wij eten er te weinig van, beetje zonde dan.
Nog gefeliciteerd met je gelukkig goed herstellende kind!

Fijne dag nog! Marjan
Jacqueline said…
Beautiful fresh colors and love the white crochet flower Stella, a lovely ATC!
Marit said…
Hoi Stella,

Allereerst bedankt voor je leuke reacties op mijn blog! Ik moest er een beetje van blozen!

Wat een mooie atc heb je gemaakt, dat bedeltje is een schatje, en dat bloemetjespapier geweldig!

Ik ga nu even op de site van je zus kijken!

Groetjes,
Marit
Ira said…
Oh wow Stella! Je eerste ATC???? Het lijkt wel alsof je nooit anders hebt gemaakt zeg! Jemig, wat prachtig gedaan, je kleuren, het gehaakte bloempje en de bedel, super gewoon! Alsnog van harte proficiat met Michiel, altijd fijn om weer gezellig iets samen te kunnen vieren! Geniet van je avond, het weer is gelukkig iets minder onstuimig, maar ik ben zo'n koukleum, hebben de open haard gezellig aangedaan ;-) Liefs, Ira xxx
PapierGirl said…
Beautiful Stella - I love all the gorgeous details that you have such a talent on putting together! I stopped by your sister's blog and all I can say is talent must run in the family! :) I wish I lived closer, I would love to stop by for a cup of coffee and some of your yummy jam! Have a great day! :)
Brenda said…
That is so pretty Stella, with so many beautiful details! And it's only your first one! Wow! Cannot wait to see more! That strawbery jam with vanilla and cinnamon just sounds too great! Is there a recipe somewhere?
Heather Jensen said…
Oh the jam sounds yummy Stella. I think your sister did a wonderful job with the crochet flower. Girls' paper is one of my faves. :)
Hugs~
Juls said…
beautiful! Love the touch of gingham and the crochet flower! Hugs Juls
Cheryl Nelson said…
Stella this is sooooooo fabulous! LOVE EVERY detail!! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!
Stella, I can see I've missed several of your posts, so I've gone down to this one, and will check each one out chronologically. :) I love this ATC, and I've never made one either, but yours is terrific! Pretty papers....don't blame you for hoarding. ANd your jam sounds delicious, and I will go visit your sister's blog, too. I'm sure talent runs in your family!
Sandy Ang said…
totally gorgeous