Skip to main content

All we can do is wait and hope.....

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing fine,
I have a few things to share. I made a few cards and I got the package of a swap but for now I just want to post an update about my father-in-law and after that I'll post a card that I made for two challenges.

The last few days have been tough; my FIL is very very ill and goes into surgery tomorrow.


We visited him today; he's weak and only a shadow of the man he once was....
He lost another 11 kilo's in the last 14 days. Due to an infection in his intestines and kidney dialysis ( His kidneys fail to work)
I am so so worried. The surgery will be very tough and complicated....
They are removing his right kidney; there is a malignant tumor in. There is another malignant tumor in his intestines that also needs to be removed... And a stoma created..
3 different interventions in a single operation, very heavy and complicated.
The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and it will take about 6 hours.
All we can do is wait and hope....
 
I'll keep you posted.
 
Stella
 
(my apologies for my horrible english...)

Comments

Lynne K said…
I'm so sorry to hear this news about your FIL, Stella. I hope the surgery tomorrow will be successful. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,
Lynne xx
Robyn said…
Love and hugs from me too Stella- Thinking of you!
Sasha said…
I'm thinking about you and your family, Stella. It's a very stressful time for you right now, I know. Sending love and (((hugs))) x
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Sorry to hear that and you and your family will be in my prayers, hugs....
Andrea M said…
Oh dear Stella! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sending positive thoughts your FIL's way!
Sylvia said…
Oh Stella! I am so sorry about your FIL. I will be praying for all of you. Sending hugs your way and wishes for his recovery.
M@rjan said…
Heel veel sterkte voor jullie allemaal, Stella!
Wat een zorgen meid, hou je taai!

Groetjes, Marjan
lynn said…
huge hugs to you and your family, stella. hate to hear this and will put him in my prayers.
Maria said…
Sending out warm hugs, thoughts, and prayers to you and family, Stella! I also pray for the surgeon and nurses to give good care to your father-in-law for a successful outcome. May you have strength to get through this difficult time. Take care and hugs!

Maria
Jules said…
Hi Stella

Sending my love and good wishes to you and your family and praying that everything goes well for your father-in-law.

What a worrying time for all of you.

Love Jules xx
Sasha said…
Still thinking about you and your FIL, Stella xx
BEAR's Mom said…
Dear Stella
prayers for
your FIL &
your family
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~
Ira said…
Meisje hou je taai en houd vertrouwen, ik wens jullie allemaal heel veel sterkte toe en ik denk aan jullie. Dikke knuffel van Ira xxx
Audrey Pettit said…
ohhhhh,my goodness, I'm so worried for you all, too, Stella! My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you during this difficult period. Wishing your father in law much success in surgery and a very speedy recovery. Please know that I am thinking of you!
Susie said…
Oh Stella, I praying for a successful surgery outcome. And, a good recovery for your FIL. I'm also praying for strength for all of you as you help him through this difficult time.
Sending hugs!