Skip to main content

Wow Cathy!

Hello everyone,

How are you?
Gosh; it has been a week since my last post.......
It has been a busy week. My FIL is now on the mend. Last Sunday he went back to the ICU;  his bloodpressure was still too low and his blood wasn't good either.
They discovered an infection and now he's also getting anti-biotics.
He came back to the ward yesterday and started eating yesterday. Very carefully and in small steps. He started with applesauce... :)
 I celebrated my 47th birthday last Monday and we're also busy packing because Michiel is having his own apartment and moving on Monday. August 1st.
No I am not bored :)

There is also a birthday post coming up soon and I hope to have some time for crafting this weekend.
I missed a few of my very favorite challenges; argh!

Last week I really missed my mojo but I think it's back. I have lots of ideas; it's now a matter of finding the time to make something...

But first of all I want to show you something that made my jaw drop about 1 1/2 week ago.

A while ago I sent a few things to Cathy.  She is an amazingly talented cardmaker and her blog is a fabulous source of inspiration to me. I love her style and her projects are breathtaking!
Cathy wanted to sent me something.
Well something is a bit of an understatement; I'm spoilt rotten and over the moon...

Speaking of her talents;  just take a look at the card she sent me....sigh...


But she also sent a box; the shape of a teacup. So d.rn cute and GORGEOUS!



I don't know what it is but I can't upload all the pictures but here is a peek of what she sent:



But also chipboard frames, doilies, burlap, yarn, pins, buttons, little spools and so on and so on. The box is filled to the brim and it took my breath away.

Cathy thank you so so much; I am so grateful and I feel so privileged.
You really made my day!

Stella

Comments

Kelly said…
many busy days ahead for you! Glad your FIL is doing better. What a charming gift from your friend. Take care, Stella, and HAPPY belated birthday to you!!
Brenda said…
Happy belated birthday Stella! You really kept it a secret! I am so happy that your FIL is on the mend, let's keep praying for more of that! My goodness, you really were spoiled! I love that Tea Cup box, did Cathy make that too! It's too gorgeous! I adore all those goodies you got, now there is no excuse to not have any mojo! Cannot wait to see what you do with all that goodness! So nice to have such special people in ones' life! Hugs, Brenda
~Tammy~ said…
That is great news about your FIL! You have been busy busy! Wow, what a wonderful box of fabulousness! Lots of beauties for creation...can't wait to see!
Sylvia said…
So pretty, Stella! Good news about your FIL as well. Have a wonderful weekend and send me some rain in any envelope you wish!
uhooi said…
Uhooi,,
Wow,, This card is very nice, beautiful and sweet,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com
Cheryl Nelson said…
So happy to hear that your father in law is doing better! Happy belated birthday. What fun happy mail!
Ros said…
Wow!! this gift is stunning ... what a lovely friend you have ... I know you will put everything to good use and create something fantastic ... enjoy! Glad your FIL is doing well ... have a lovely day xxx
Sasha said…
Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Stella. I'm pleased to read thtat your FIL is making good progress after his set back. Good luck with settling Michiel into his appartment. How lovely of Cathy to send you such wonderful goodies. I look forward to seeing what you create with them. Enjoy your weekend, Stella xx
lynn said…
happy belated bday, stella! all those goodies--you must have been very good:) enjoy!
Audrey Pettit said…
What a wonderful present!! And such wonderful news about your father in law. So glad everything is going so well for you. :)
Pauline said…
Belated birthday wishes Stella! You lucky thing with all your lovely goodies!
Ira said…
WOW! Dat ziet er onwijs gaaf uit allemaal zeg! Geloof goed dat jij flipte toen je dit pakketje openmaakte! Nou meid, lekker van genieten, maar dat is jou wel toevertrouwd!! Liefs, Ira xxx
PapierGirl said…
Oh Stella....you are sooo welcome! I am so happy you were surprised and I can't wait to see what you create! Cathy xx :)
Andrea M said…
What gorgeous cards and goodies!!! So so glad you FIL is improving!!! Such great news!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Good to hear that you FIL is on the mend, and what lovely mails you got there! Lucky you!!!!