Skip to main content

Home sweet home............................

Hello everyone....

How are you all doing?
It has been a few days since I've been here,,,,
We had a week of mixed emotions and ups and downs. Last weekend our eldest son Michiel moved into his own apartment and he is so happy there. Although he already noticed that his life is a bit more busy with cooking meals, grocery shopping, cleaning and doing the laundry.
I noticed less laundry and less clutter here :)

My FIL.....
First of all I want to thank you - also on behalf of Marcel - for your heartwarming comments, emails, thoughts and prayers. The world of bloggers never ceases to amaze me and we are grateful for that.

Marcel visited his father this afternoon with Michiel. It has been the 1st time for Michiel to visit him after we heard the bad news. He looked a little reluctant to visit his grandfather and and wasn't eager to go on his own.
I can imagine that;  it's hard to visit someone knowing that his time is limited due to cancer...
But they had a good time; together with my MIL. There was enough time and opportunity to talk and even a few laughs. Marcels'mother will come over for dinner at Michiels' house this week; His apartment is only a few minutes away from the UMCG. My FIl can take a nap and she doesn't have to worry about cooking dinner for herself...
My FIL already planned building a porch before he went to the hospital and Marcel is building it for him. He wants to go home as soon as he can. To spend as much time as possible with his wife. And he's looking forward to the days that he will able sit on the porch and have a small BBQ or what so ever....

Yes it definitely has been a week about a new home, going home....
Definitely home sweet home...

That also brings me to the card I am posting today.
I made it for Michiel; for his new home....

This card is based upon this weeks; challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog
It's all about a house on your project; or an altered birdhouse or what so ever. Just as long as there is a house involved!

Home sweet home.......:)




A little gingham bow and a red brad (!!! yes stretched my limits haha)
. Michiel is playing guitar so I had to add some music sheet paper from Melissa Frances:




I cut the house out of fabric and felt. Added a small piece of  lace, a chimney and a heart.
Home is where the heart is....! ( too bad the lace slipped away a bit; argh!)




I added a few stitches; some more trim and inked the edges with egg-shell ink from Color Box.
Here is my card:




I'll be back tomorrow with another card and more happy mail. I've been spoilt rotten
and I can't wait to use all the lovely supplies and gifts.
My mojo is back and after last week crafting really is a wonderful outlet for stress and  a wonderful way to clear up my mind :)


Have a lovely evening!
Stella
X

Comments

Rebekah said…
Oh Stella! Im smitten with your little house.. so unbelievably cute:)
Thinking of you and your family!
Hugs
M@rjan said…
Hartverwarmend ... jullie familieband is sterk en wat fijn om te lezen!
Je schoonouders zullen hier vast veel steun aan hebben.
Fijn dat je een kaart hebt kunnen maken. Ik vind het een mooie, zoals altijd.
De gekozen papiertjes, met de muzieknootjes en de ruitjes. Ik hou wel van dit soort combinaties. De doily, het huisje en dan dat rode hartje maken het toch ook een beetje spannend. Heel mooi, joh!!

Groetjes en liefs, Marjan
Inger said…
Wowww this is absolutely gorgeous Stella!!
Beautiful papers and I love the heart :)
Warm wishes to you and your family.


♥ Big Hug, Inger
Sasha said…
Hi Stella,

Such an up and down week you really have had. Thank heavens you have such lovely husband and a sweet family by your side.
Michiel will love his independance, I'm sure. But he will also miss the home comforts of mum doing all his laundry and cooking.
The card you have made for him is gorgeous, Stella, and he will treasure it forever. I love your sweet house with heart, (home is where the heart is). Such a really lovely card!
Enjoy your crafting, Stella, because as you say, it is a great way of relieving stress xx
Ros said…
So nice to have you back with us here in Blog Land ... we missed you ... Lots going on in your world right now but I'm glad you were able to join us at CCCB this card is stunning ... a Stella special ... Thank you my sweet friend ... sending hugs xxx
Pauline said…
A really lovely card Stella for your boy, he will treasure it, and he will always be your baby! Love the sweet little house, and the lacy edge looks fine to me.
Sorry about your FiL, I hope he is more comfortable now. Take care xx
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, Stella! Love you handmade fabric house. Will continue with prayers for your family, especially for your husband. My husband lost his father when he(my husband) was just 27. He took it so hard. Hugs to you, glad you are home again!
Lenet said…
Wow! ik vind het een plaaatje!!
Suzie McFloozy said…
Hi Stella I adore this card - perfect for your son's new home - he'll soon get to grips with the laundry ;)
I send more wishes for you and your family during this time of up's and downs and hope that you all find the strength to enjoy your time together x
My thoughts truly are with you x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo
Heather Jensen said…
Well, since I have already chatted with you about your FIL I will comment on your beautiful card. I love the darling little house you created using felt and lace. Soo pretty. I know he will love it!
Maria said…
Such a lovely card for you son, Stella! Love the pretty little house with touch of red heart!
Lovely doily and ribbon too! Still keeping you and family in thought and prayer regarding your father-in-law. Take care and hugs!!!:-))
lynn said…
such a sweet fabric house and glittered heart, stella:) hugs to you and your family! less laundry is a good thing!
Sabrina said…
That cute little house is super cute!! I am sure he loves the card!! My thoughts and prayers go to you and your wonderful family. Take good care of yourself, Stella! Looking forward to see your pretty, lovely cards!! =)
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
So glad to know that crafting helps to relief a little stress out of you life at this difficult moment, hope the porch complete soon and your FIL able to enjoy some wonderful time at home.
Thanks for sharing this cute little card with us at CCCB, love that tiny pretty house!
Andrea M said…
Oh Stella, this is truly and AMAZING card for your son!!! What a grand way to welcome into his new home! I am glad to hear your FIL will get to spend some precious time at home with family.
This hobby is so wonderful- not only because of the support from others, but because it allows some comfort through working with your hands. Thinking of you all.
oh so glad to hear from you Stella! Also happy to read that things are starting to calm down a bit. So much change so quickly is overwhelming. What a great son your husband is! Building the porch! I love the card you made for Michiel! I am sure he will too! Take care! :-) Amy
Thanks for the update Stella! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers :) Your card is so darling and I am sure he will love it! That felt house is precious and I love the red heart and gingham button!
Tante Käthe said…
This is absolutely gorgeous Stella! All those lovely little details!

Thanks for updating us.

Hugs
Majo
Debgem said…
Stella - this is such a lovely card I'm sure that Michiel will love it. So glad that the move went well. I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL - but I hope that he is able to be home soon - to be with you all. Keeping you in my thoughts. Hugs, xx
Jules said…
Hi Stella

A beautiful card for your Son .. .. it is so difficult when they move out .. .. but you get used to it - especially when you see how happy they are.

Love the music backing paper and the cute house you have made.

I am sorry things are so tough for you at the moment. I have been thinking of you.

Love Jules xx
Brenda said…
I love how you created your beautiful house, what a lovely card! You and your family are in my prayers Stella!
Cheryl Nelson said…
Such a GORGEOUS card! LOVE that red heart! I'm so glad your son got to visit with his grandparents. Such a hard situation. My prayers are with you all. HUGS!
It's so good to hear from you, Stella, and get updates. I've been thinking of you and your family. ((hugs))

THis card for Michiel is terrific! I'm sure he'll love it.
Gisèle said…
this is a beautiful post about family, home, death...my love to all of you..xoxoxo
Ira said…
Ja meis, het is inderdaad een roerige week geweest maar wat heb je er een liefdevolle draai aan gegeven... Ook voor Michiel is 't allemaal erg dubbel nu, voor 't eerst op zichzelf en dan dit nieuws over z'n opa moeten verwerken, het is ook allemaal zo tegenstrijdig. Je kaart nogmaals is met liefde gemaakt, dat zie je aan alles! Dikke knuffel, Ira xxx
Linda R. said…
What a heartfelt post. So glad to hear you son visited his Grandfather.. That must have been though. It is so hard when our children leave home. But like you said less laundry.. Your card is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Hugs, Linda
Marit said…
Hoi Stella,

Wat een prachtige kaart heb je voor je zoon gemaakt! En ik wil jou en je familie heel veel strekte wensen de komende tijd!

Groetjes,
Marit
Davi said…
Very pretty card with the sweet little house and embellies. Stella, Im so sorry to hear the news about your FIL!! Cancer is such a horrible disease. I do hope that you all will have some good quality time with him and make some wonderful memories to hold onto after he is gone. hugs to you my friend davi
Diane said…
What a gorgeous card...and perfect....I imagine it will seem so different with Michael gone from home!!
Michelle said…
Someone needs to find a cure for cancer already! It has taken far too many loved ones from their families!
This is such a wonderful card for your son! I especially love the red heart and pattern papers!
Sue Lelli said…
Oh Stella, so many ups and downs of emotion but such is life. Enjoy ever single precious moment. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. LOVE the card with the blues and red. HUGS to you my dear blog friend!
Gitte said…
LOVE the colors..It looks amazing. Beautiful card