Skip to main content

Enjoy life....

There is a picture overload; I just wanted to warn you :)

After posting about the birthday of our youngest son we had a weekend filled with lots and lots of things and my FIL went back to the hospital again. He's coming home tomorrow and all I can say it has been a time with a lot of worries.

But it also made me realise that life is a gift and that we really have to enjoy evey minute of it...
I am so so thankful for all your lovely comments, emails, thoughts and prayers/ It's hard to express myself but it was heartwarming and I am so grateful for all of you...

I am also looking forward to Saturday, November 19th; we wil have a "sister-day". Being together with all my sisters ( yes I am so lucky to have 5 sisters)
I will post a picture of all of us  but I also want to to share a picture that was made on our "sister-day" back in 2008.



Top from left to right: Jeanne, Ingrid, Jacqueline and Loni
Bottom: Annelies on the right and I am sitting left of her..

Jacqueline celebrated her Birthday November 10th and instead of making a card I decided to make my very first mini album. Encouraged by Ros who told me to just do it and follow my heart ( thank you sweetie) and inspired by the a-m-a-z-i-n-g creations of Ros and  Mona I gave it a try....

It's far from perfect but I am pleased with the result...
This album is made with Tilda papers and one of the die cuts. I also used all kinds of embellishments; some of them were sent to me by Sasha , Pauline , Ros, Victoria and even some buttons that Jacqueline herself gave to me.
And....Spellbinders and Creatables dies, stamps from Crafty Secrets and Eline's winter home, my cupcake punch, lace, distress ink, felt, silk ribbon,  and a glittered star from Memrie Mare

Happy birthday Jacqueline....you mean the world to me!!!
( my other sisters too..)




Just a peek ...




She's special.......




The little tag says "to my sister" I wrote that with a blue pen; just tucked in my favorite color :)
I made these cute buttons with one of the Creatable dies; another favorite:
Jacqueline is a mutli talented woman; an amazing quilter and her sewing skills make me sigh...




She loves tea and we both love cake, cupcakes and pies :) I think we're not the only ones!




The Tag on the left was hand written by me It's written in Dutch and in English it says:
"Dearie, congratulations. With love, Marcel and Stel'".(my shortname)




A little heart and some sentiments....



Well; that's it for now. I wil be back with a few cards.

Have a lovely evening / day wherever you are and....enjoy...

Stella
XX




Comments

Sasha said…
Hi Stella,
It's lovely to see you back in blogland again! Sorry to hear about your FIL's relapse, but pleased to hear that he's coming home again tomorrow. I know it will be a worrying time for all of you.

The photo of you with your sisters is really lovely. It must be so nice to have sisters.

Your mini album is really beautiful, Stella. Gorgeous colour combo's and I love all your pretty embellishing. You followed your heart as Ros advised, and it's just perfect!:)

Take care! Enjoy a fabulous time with your sisters on the 19th xx
Suzie McFloozy said…
Hello Stella - sorry I haven't been by recently x
I am so very sorry to hear about your FIL's readmitance to hospital and my thoughts are with you and your family at this time x
I love seeing your family snaps and I hope you'll have a fantastic time on Sister day !
Your 1st mini album is certainly a success I'm sure your sister will treasure it x
((hugs))) Suzie xoxo
Heather Jensen said…
So happy to see you post Stella. I am sorry to hear your father in law is still going downhill. It is such a great thing that you and your family are able to be there with him.
Enjoy your time with your sisters. I look forward to seeing new pictures. :)
Hugs~
Sonia said…
Stella you did a amazing mini album, love it!

Your sisters's photo is really lovely. Wow, 5 sisters.

-Sony
Sabrina said…
It doesn't look like your first, Stella!! The mini album looks perfect to me. Very pretty and I am sure your sister is so gonna love it and treasure it. What a lovely family you have. Yes, life is a gift and we should treasure it no matter what life throws at us. Have a wonderful day, take care!! =)
Davi said…
Bravo Stella for making your first album!! You did one fabulous job my friend!! So many wonderful and beautiful details to make it so special for your sister!! Im sure she will treasure it for its beauty and for the love that it was created with!! You are so blessed to have five sisters, have a marvelous time together. Will look forward to the pics and to hear your sisters reaction :) Im glad your FIL is home again. Blessing to you Stella :)
Marit said…
Hoi stella,

Wat vervelend te horen van je schoonvader, sterkte! En 5 zussen, dat lijkt me echt super! Gezellig zo' n dag samen. Prachtig album heb je gemaakt, heel bijzonder cadeau!

Groetjes,
Marit
Sylvia said…
Stella, You have made such a lovely gift! I am sure your sister loved it and will look at it with fondness! I know what you are going through, I went through it with my mom only, we had her for quite some time, even though she was not all OK. It was so hard on my dad, but he made it through with a wonderful ease. Always thinking about you my friend, you are special and few people realize what you have already, that life is short and we need to appreciate the time we have together.
Tante Käthe said…
So good to see you back! What a lovely family picture!

That mini album is pure art, so many amazing details!

Hugs
Majo
Thea said…
Wow, wat schitterend! Hier zal je zus heel blij mee zijn. Wat een geweldige leuke details heb je gebruikt!.
Heel veel plezier komende zaterdag en geniet ervan.

Liefs
Thea
Ros said…
Wow!! this is stunning and I just know she will treasure it!! I love the papers and all the embellies ... you did a fantastic job ... I hope you do more ... I love to look at them ... have a wonderful day and soooo lovely to see you back in blog land! lots of love xxxx
Debgem said…
Stella - what a wonderful album - your sister must love it to bits! Such a special treasure. Love the photo of you and your sisters - great memories.
Jacqueline said…
Stella,

It's lovely and of course a beauty!!!

Jacqui
**Farrah** said…
GORGEOUS GORGEOUS album!!!! Just stunning!
Farrah
M@rjan said…
Wat is er dan niet zo perfect aan je kaart-albumpje?? Ik vind het helemaal top! Mooi van kleur, met gevoel voor detail gemaakt en voor je zus zeker van waarde omdat ze ziet dat jij er met liefde aan gewerkt hebt! Hier krijg je een dikke knuffel voor, kan niet missen!
Veel plezier zaterdag, gezellig!! Maar ook sterkte.

Liefs, Marjan
cnelson said…
So sorry that your fil was back in the hospital. I think it is so marvelous that you and your sisters have a "sister day" every year! LOVE it! Have just the the best time ever with them. LOVE the mini! It is gorgeous!
Linda R. said…
OH MY STARS!! Your book looks amazing. I just love it and she will too. I just love that photo of you with all your sisters. I have 3 sisters. My mom wanted all boys and stopped after she got 4 girls.. No boys... 3 of us are very close. But we have one sister that is hard to keep in contact with.. I loved this post.. Thanks!!

Hugs, Linda
Andrea M said…
This is AMAZING Stella!!! WOW! What a gorgeous book! Wonderful pics!
What a beautiful little book, Stella! I loved seeing a picture of you and your wonderful sisters. Wish I had that many! LOL

It's good to see you at your blog again, my friend. Hugs!!
Andrea said…
WOW. Amazing. I am so impressed with all your beautiful handmade gifts.
lynn said…
how awesome to have so many sisters, stella! your charming little album is just so sweet:)
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Such a beautiful mini album, love all the cute and fun details, saw a mini rolling pin in there, how cute is that?
I love Tilda, too bad I can't find any of their scrapbooking stuff in the States, I love the Tilda doll too.
Have fun and sister-day, you so lucky!!!
Ira said…
Wat een geweldig mooi boek heb je gemaakt Stel, echt helemaal te gek! Je zus zal je wel een extra dikke knuffel hebben gegeven!! Leuk dat jullie morgen je zussendag vieren, mijn zus en ik mogen dat begin december doen, kijk er nu al naar uit. Heel erg veel plezier gewenst samen, maar dat komt vast goed!! Liefs, Ira xxx
Michelle said…
Beautiful album, Stella! I'm sure your sister will cherish it! Love the Tilda Papers and all the fabulous embellishments!
Geri said…
Oh, your little album turned out LOVELY, Stella! Full of so many personal touches--I'm sure she will love it! I'm wondering if the 2008 photo is the last time you were all together?!? Hope not! Can't wait to see the new one! I hope your FIL made it home and is doing alright. I'll be thinking of you and am sending a little prayer your way!
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, how lovely! I can picture all 6 of you together right now for your big sister's day! I KNOW you are having a wonderful time, and I KNOW your sister is loving this sweet mini album you made her. You did an amazing job with it, Stella! So sweet and so personal and so full of fun details. :)
Jeanneke said…
Gewoon zomaar, tussendoor, embellished met boodschappenknopen, wil ik ook wel zo'n boekje krijgen, knap zusje van me!
Mijn verjaardag duurt nog zo lang...
Fijne zondag gewenst, na die heerlijke zater / zussendag van gisteren!
Freubel ze!

x x x Jeanne.
Terrie B x said…
Hi Stella well I hope your FIL is a lot better...my thoughts are with you all!!!
WoW what a beautiful beautiful book your right to follow your heart!!!!Your book is a priceless treasure and I am sure your sister will treasure it always...:)
What a beauitufl family!!!!TFS
Have a lovely week my `friend `:) xxx
Pauline said…
Oh Stella this an amazing project! Love all the little embellishments, and the papers, you really have made a wonderful keepsake! So nice to see you crafting again my friend xx
Juls said…
wow!!! what an amazing work of art!! every detail is just perfect!! Hugs Juls
Sue Lelli said…
Stella, I could look at photos of that book all day long! What a FAB gift with so many meaningful details! LOVE the photo of you and your sisters, too! GREAT post!