Skip to main content

Roses

Hi there....

It has been a while since I've been here. Finally we are having lovely weather here in the Netherlands and last week it felt like summer. We were able to have dinner outside, spending evenings in the garden and working in the garden . 
We also started with something that has been on our wishlist for quite some time; a bit of a make over in the living room. Today we were busy with a new floor in the living room, kitchen and hallway. It's almost finished:).And than there will be a new couch, new comfy chairs, a coffee table and I have to paint an old panelled closet. It took me a while to pick a color but I finally decided to paint it in a shade of frosted blue. A pale shade of blue almost blue-grey. After weeks of making plans it is fun to be busy and to see our work in progress. I will post photos once we're finished. 
That's why I have not been around. Sorting out things (threw away a lot...), making decisions about colors, furniture and shopping ( that has been the best part hee hee!)
And now I am here again; it's nice to sit down after a long day! 
I squeezed in some time for my submission at the City Crafter Challenge Blog. This week we have to use roses on our project. Here is the photo inspiration:




My submission is a small and simple take on the challenge.
I made small box as a thank you gift. A while ago I bought a few small boxes made of chipwood. I painted it in a shade of green/ blue and made some roses out of felt. And added a few pearls.
It turned out quite simple; I let the roses speak for itself. 
I filled it with hazelnuts covered in chocolate.




And here is my box:




Time to have something to drink and than...off to bed.
Till soon!
Stella



Comments

Deb Hickman said…
Hi Stella, what a sweet little box, love the colours. Glad you're enjoying the weather, we are too here in the U.K. Deb xxxx
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
So beautiful and so sweet, good to see you back here again, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!
Kelly said…
furniture shopping sounds fun! love your darling box!
Heather Jensen said…
So very sweet! I sure do miss you around here in blogland. I am glad to hear you are doing well. I can't wait to see the final pictures. :)

Hugs~
Tante Käthe said…
Good to see you back!
Jeanneke said…
Schattig doosje, Stel!
Ben heel benieuwd naar het resultaat van al jullie werk!

Liefs,

x Jeanne.
Marit said…
Hoi Stella,

Heerlijk genieten dat zomerse weer...was het niet te warm om zo druk bezig te zijn?

Prachtig doosje heb je gemaakt, eenvoud kan zo mooi zijn!

Groetjes,
Marit
M@rjan said…
Klinkt allemaal erg leuk, ben benieuwd naar jullie huiskamer. Mail je nog , ook hier van het weer genoten en weinig gecomputerd.
Je doosje vind ik prachtig! Mooie tinten zo bij elkaar en het heeft daardoor en door de roosjes met parels een mooie stijlvolle look.

Groetjes, Marjan
Ros said…
You have been missed!! I love your beautiful box and those sweet felt roses ... Such a lovely gift ... many thanks for playing at CCCB ... looking forward to seeing your photos soon ... xxx
Sue Lelli said…
I have MISSED you! Sounds like the project is taking a LOT of time but it will be so GORGEOUS and shiny and new when it is done! LOVE this painted box and LOVE the felt rolled roses! Understated but FABULOUS! What a nice treat! Take care my blog friend!
Gisèle said…
Such a pretty box, the colors are calming...sounds like your living room will be fabulous...must be so fun...cant wait to see the pics...big hug to you my friend...
Linda R said…
How fun. I love to re-decorate. Make the old feel new. I have to say your little box here is so pretty. I just love those felt roses.. So glad you took the time to play along with us at CCCB!
cnelson said…
How fun to be redecorating your house!!! LOVE this GORGEOUS creation! Those roses are FABULOUS! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!!
Jacqueline said…
Lieve Stel,
Wat een schattig doosje meid!
Hoop dat je gauw in een klaar paleis zit. Ben benieuwd hoe het straks is.
X Jacqui
Ira Huberts said…
Wat een schattig doosje! En dan ook nog gevuld met die overheerlijke choco-hazeltjes, jammie! Zitten ze er trouwens nog wel in dan? Zie nl. geen foto, ha ha ha!! Gaaf dat jullie thuis de boel aan het make-overen zijn, ik moest zo lachen dat je gekozen had voor het schilderen van je kastje, kon ook niet missen, blauw hè ;-) Ben benieuwd naar het eindresultaat!! Blij te horen dat alles weer lekker z'n gangetje gaat bij jullie! Liefs, Ira xxx
Stella, it's so good to see a post from you, my friend. :) I can totally see in my mind the color of blue gray you chose for the panelled closet. You HAVE to take a picture of this room when it is done, okay?? Sounds so peaceful and serene, so 'Stella'. :)

This little box is as pretty as the inside treats sound! Yum!!! I always love the little fabric flowers you make.
Sasha said…
Such a pretty little box, Stella. Love the colours you used and your sweet felt roses with pearl centres finish it off beautifully. What a wonderful gift filled with chocolate covered hazelnut treats...yummy!! x
VanessaB said…
so wonderfully beautiful. love the colors and your gorgeous felt flowers.