Skip to main content

Welcome baby Sophie

We are enjoying summer here; sunny days, lovely temperature and for me just a bit too hot to work in the garden. I got home early and decided to create something for a gorgeous baby girl who has been born two weeks ago. Baby Sophie is the first grandchild of our closest friends and I knew the happy mum since she was a baby herself :)
I decided to make a mini book instead of a card.
The colors of  this weeks'challenge at he Moxie Fab World. were perfect and this mini book is perfect to add a touch of romance....
Here is the photo inspiration.:




And this weeks' challenge at CCCB was the perfect reason to create a little baby girl book instead of a card.
This is their photo inspiration:


I did not dress up a book but hopefully it's allowed to dress up the back of a note pad. You know that sturdy piece of cardboard behind the papers? They were perfect for my little project.
  I made a few step by step photos:

I cut 4 pages with two Spellbinder dies:


After that  I cut them from off white paper and used a few dies to dress up the front and pages.
I embossed the front of my mini book with my Victorian embossing folder. The butterfly is from PTI. the sweet stamp with the little girl is from Flourishes. The stamps I used are all inked up with Sahara Sand from SU.


I also cut a little ornament and the sweet silhouette with my Creatables from Marianne Design and the "happy"sentiment is from PTI:



And started to glue it all together:




A close up of that ornament and silhouette.
There is also enough space to write down a personal note.




I love silhouette stamps and dies :)




I finished the mini book with a binding ring, some ribbon and a piece of lace and a butterfly:



I hope that they will like it...

I want some coffee now; till soon :)
Stella

Comments

Irene said…
Natuurlijk vinden ze dit leuk Stella, ziet er prachtig uit!!!! Ik knutsel helemaal niet deze dagen, lig met een dik boek onder parasol te genieten!!

xx Irene
Gerdine said…
Wat leuk! Shabby chique! Mooi in de wittinten!
Heather Jensen said…
What a beautiful little mini book. I love all the fabulous die cuts. :)
Geri said…
Gorgeous, Stella!!! That cover is my favorite part!
Robyn said…
This is SO gorgeous Stella! What a lovely gift idea! I have just heard about 2 new babies expected in our extended family so will be putting your lovely work into my faves and having a go at this myself! Glad you have finally got some warmer weather in your part of the world!
Sylvia said…
Such a lovely book for Sophie, Stella, love the clean white with all the embossing! Happy Wednesday to you! We finally are getting some rain...still warm though.
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
I saw that inspiration photo at Moxie Fab this morning and thought boy, that is so soft and pretty, I got to play with that, but you beat me to it, LOL! What a pretty baby book, your friend is going to be so happy to received this special gift!
And I spotted Ikea at the background, love Ikea! I just wish there is one here in Vegas!
Deb Hickman said…
What a beautiful gift, it's so soft and pretty, perfect for a baby girl. X
Marit said…
Schitterend Stella, wat een bijzonder kado! Mooi de zachte tinten, erg stijlvol.

Groetjes,
Marit
M@rjan said…
Dit zullen ze zeker mooi vinden, het is een teer en zeer mooi boekje geworden, prachtig gedaan Stella!
Ros Crawford said…
Oh Stella this is beautiful ... makes me want to get my dies and cardboard out!! I just know this will be treasured ... Such soft and delicate touches ... Many thanks for playing along at CCCB! Sending hugs to you XXX
artful-notions said…
A beautiful keepsake! Sure to be treasured by it's owner. Love anything silhouette! And the white on white, so feminine!
Cindy C. said…
Beautiful project, love the white on white design!!!
Absolutely gorgeous, my dear! What a treasured keepsake this will be for baby Sophie. :)
Ira Huberts said…
Wat een snoezig boekje is dit geworden Stel! Je hoeft hier geen twijfel over te hebben, want dit is een ├ęcht bewaarnummer! Zulke lieve stempeltjes en stansafdrukjes, wie kan hier nou niet happy van worden! Lieve groetjes, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl
Charlene said…
Such a stunning beautiful design!! Thanks for sharing this week at CCCB :-)
Wat een prachtige creatie Stella! Zo mooi zacht en delicaat (niet een woord wat ik volgens mij ooit eerder heb gebruikt, maar hier past het perfect :)

Zeker weten dat je vrienden er blij verrast mee zullen zijn.

Dank je wel dat je weer met ons meedeed bij CCCB! En ja hoor, wat mij betreft is dit helemaal prima voor een recycle project. Liefs, Wendy
lynn said…
stella, you do darling so well! this is so sweet:) have a great day!
PapierGirl said…
What a gorgeous keepsake for little Sophie! What a thoughtful gift! :)
Michele said…
This is so lovely! I am sure the recipient is going to adore this!!
Carole said…
Wonderful card and beautiful keepsake.
Maria said…
Oh, Stella!!! So adorable and sweet for a little girl! I'm sure it will be treasured! And, it is a perfect gift idea! Thank you so much for the tutorial, too! Have a lovely weekend, hugs!
Heather Maria said…
This is such a gorgeous mini book, Stella! Love your design and all the pretty details! I'm sure it will be treasured! Thanks for the great tutorial and tips!
Aww!! Everything is so pretty! I loved the embossing. The use of the Sahara Sand ink and the white cardstock was a perfect pairing.
Sue Lelli said…
OMGOSH! They will LOVE this GORGEOUS mini book, Stella! LOVE the colors and the embossing and just Everything!
super cute mini book
Cath said…
Hey Stella! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
Sasha said…
Stella, your mini book looks stunning! So soft, pretty and elegant.....absolutely perfect for a baby girl. This will be loved and treasured xx
Linda B said…
This is beautiful, Stella... so lovely and delicate! I'm sure it was much appreciated.
Hummm... coffee sounds like a good idea!
Sylvia said…
Happy Birthday, Stella!
Sasha said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Stella. Hope you had a wonderful day! x
Davi said…
Awesome book Stella, I love the white on white so beautiful for the new sweet baby. A wonderful keepsake for her you have created :)
Je@net said…
Wat een prachtig album, Stella. Zeker weten dat ze dit schitterend gaan vinden!
Ps: Nog gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag Stella! :)
xx Wendy
Brenda said…
That is the prettiest mini book Stella and I am sure that they are going to treasure it for always!
Joanne Leddy said…
What a wonderful gift, Stella. It's just beautiful. You're so clever to cut the shapes from the square chipboard book! Thanks for sharing!
~Tammy~ said…
This is a stunner and will be so appreciated! It shows all the love you put into this!