Skip to main content

Thank you

It has been 6 weeks. Yes I changed my mind and decided to continue this blog in English. In the beginning I wrote my posts in Dutch.  Soon I decided to start writing in English; my favorite foreign language. And this summer - in the heat of preparing for my exam- I decided to continue this blog in Dutch.  My English is not perfect but I love to learn more. And despite all the grammar mistakes and the fact that blogging in English is taking a bit more time  I am continuing my blog in English.

If I translate the phrase litterally I spent the whole month of September "living under a rock" with my study books.....
I did not pass the exams and my next attempt is planned on November 11th. I have been studying every-single-day in September. And now I am preparing again. Learning not as much as the last month but focussing on things that seem to be difficult for me to get grip on:)

In beween studying I am making cards again and hope to be back to blogging in full swing very soon. Sorry for not being around but with a full time job and a study I hardly have the time...

And this weeks'challenge at CCCB is a  wonderful way to jump in again.

Give thanks.....I made a thank you card..... Here is my attempt:)


The pics are not great;  I came home at 5.45 PM and daylight is not great at that specific hour of the day; sorry!





Enjoy your day or evening!

Stella

Supplies::

Patterned paper from SU
Sentiment from PTI "Mini Blooms"
sequin and wooden birds from my stash
Twine from HEMA

Comments

Irene said…
Wat jammer dat je ondanks het ijverige studeren je examen niet hebt gehaald Stella maar de 11e gaat het lukken hoor...mijn Ben is jarig dus dat brengt beslist geluk en anders St. Maarten hihihi!!!
Toch weer extra werk door het continueren van de Engelse tekst.....je maakt het niet eenvoudig voor jezelf! Gelukkig heb je toch weer een gezellig kaartje om te laten zien en ja, donkere dagen dus geen stralende foto's helaas maar we zien het toch wel hoor!!

xx Irene
M@rjan said…
Niets zo veranderlijk als... ?? Ach meid, gelukkig kunnen de meeste Nederlandse volgers ook Engels lezen.
Jouw "her" komt vast goed! Ik wens je alvast heel veel succes daarin.

Je kaart met het mooie lichtje erachter is weer een echte prachtige Stella kaart, ik zie jouw stijl erg terug hierin.
Je@net said…
Fijn je weer te zien in Blogland, Stella. En wat een mooi kaartje heb je gemaakt!
Succes met de studie!
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, Stella, glad to see you back again! Try some relaxation before you study, might make it easier! I know you will do well on your exams this time! Have a wonderful week!
Mona Pendleton said…
Such a pretty card Stella! What happy paper! Great to know all is well :) Thinking of you!
Ros Crawford said…
Hello sweet friend! Oh I'm sorry about your exams ... Fingers crossed for November! And just so you know ... your English is perfect!!
Love your beautiful card ... so cheerful and pretty ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB! Sooo glad you are posting again ... much love xxxx
~Tammy~ said…
This is beautiful! I love this.

I have missed you! Good luck with all the studies.
lynn said…
so glad to hear from you, stella:) very sweet card! fingers crossed for your next exam!
Ira Huberts said…
Oh gatver meis! Balen dat je niet bent geslaagd, maar met je her komt het vast helemaal goed hoor, heb er het volste vertrouwen in!! Alleen s..t dat je nu dus nog ff door moet gaan met studeren, maar goed, dat houdt de hersentjes soepel zullen we maar zeggen ;-) Je hebt een fris en fruitig kaartje gemaakt, wist trouwens niet eens dat de Hema ook twine verkocht! Geniet van je avond, liefs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner
Sue Lelli said…
LOVE your Prety thank you card! Pretty colors and design! Good luck on your exams! Miss you!
Sue Lelli said…
LOVE your Prety thank you card! Pretty colors and design! Good luck on your exams! Miss you!
Deborah Frings said…
Hi Stella - love the pretty thank you card, so bright and fresh!

I'm sorry to read that you didn't pass your exams, but I wish you luck for 11th November - I remember long sessions studying. I'm glad you're able to take a break and craft beautifully!

And being totally selfish, I'm so glad you're blogging in English - so much better than Goggle translations of Dutch! Hugs, xxx
caroline said…
hopelijk mogen we nog wat meer genieten van je mooie kaarten
die kerstkaart vind ik ook erg mooi
groetjes caroline
Andrea said…
Beautiful. You are so talented. Good luck with your exams.
Jill Norwood said…
Your card is beautiful! And your English is perfect my dear! Good luck with your exams! :)
Davi said…
English or not your blog is always a pleasure to visit my friend!! I do hope that your next test goes well, that you remember each important thing :) You card is beautiful,so sweet and uplifting with the pretty dps! I love your flowers on your heading too :)
Juls said…
fab!! Love the colours!! Hugs Juls
Audrey Pettit said…
So sorry to hear about your exams, Stella, and wish you much luck on your upcoming re-take in a few days! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Your card is adorable! Bright and happy with a great mix of papers. Love those veneer birdies!