Skip to main content

Another attempt; getting back to cardmaking

I hope you are all ready for the weekend; I know that I am:)
This week passed by in the blink of an eye; busy days at work and it's lovely to come home and find time for some crafting and blogging!
I prefer working with papers in all shades of blue and neutrals. A bright color such as red is always a challenge and out of my comfort zone. Now that I am getiing back to cardmaking I decided to use red more often. The card that I am sharing in this post shows that red and I are getting along: hee hee! But.... my card is finished and I am still having doubts whether it is good enough. Is it too simple? Did I have to add more embellishments or details? On the other hand; it's a start.2014 will be a year of trying new things and this is a  - small - first step. Well..... enough whining:)

Here is my card; the papers are from Echo Park Keepin'Cozy, red cardstock from Bazill, twine from Different Colors by Ludiec, sequins from bij Oma Dee and the "happy"die is from PTI.
It's a birthday card for my sister Annelies; her birthday is the 2nd of January and we are going to celebrate her birthday tomorrow. Looking forward to see my family!



Wishing you all a lovely weekend; filled with good moments!
Stella



Comments

Judith said…
Hallo Stella,
Voor mij is rood ook een uitdaging. Ik vind jouw kaart wel goed gelukt. De balans tussen designpapier, embellies en rood is prima. Gezien ik van CAS kaarten houd, vind ik dat jouw kaart niet meer nodig heeft.

Gefeliciteerd met de verjaardag van je zus en veel plezier met je familie.
Fijn weekend!
Groetjes van Judith
Sasha said…
I think your card looks fab just the way it is, Stella. Those patterned papers are lovely rich colours, and I love your die cut 'happy'.
Wishing you a lovely weekend, too! xx
Linda R said…
I think your card looks great. No always easy trying a new style. But I think you did a great job.

Hugs~
Je@net said…
Een prachtige kaart, Stella, en wat mij betreft helemaal af.
Fijn weekend!
Gerdine said…
Stella en rood gaan prima samen!! Mooi kaartje, niets meer aan doen! Veel gezelligheid met je familie gewenst!
Cornelie said…
Wat ik op Facebook al schreef, niet twijfelen, maar ik snap het wel als je rood niet veel gebruikt...maar hjet kaartje is mooi en helemaal in balans!
Ros Crawford said…
It's perfect!! Happy Birthday to your sister!! Have a fun time ...
Maria said…
A very pretty card for your sister, Stella! Love the mix of patterns and fab pop of red and die! Have a great time with family, hugs!
Davi said…
Well my friend you would never know that red was a challenge! I love the dp combo and the simplicity! Your sis will be delighted with it :)
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Happy New Year Stella, good to see you back here again, what a wonderful creation to start 2014!
Geri said…
Oh, I love these colors and patterns together, Stella! NO DOUBT that it all looks BEAUTIFUL! I think I've missed another post of yours...better go check!
Ira Huberts said…
Vandaag is rood... een hele blije kleur! Van harte proficiat met je zus, was het gezellig? Vast wel! Dat rafelrandje geeft je kaart iets heel speels! Geniet van je zondag, liefs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner
Mona Pendleton said…
Such a cute card Stella! Love the mix of patterned papers and the twine bow! Happy New Year!
Petra Tillmann said…
Een goed 2014 toegewenst Stella! Prachtig kaartje voor je zus!

Groetjes, Petra
You used red in such a happy way! I like the tag laid horizontally across the patterned papers, topped with the 'happy' die.
Brenda said…
That's a gorgeous red Stella! And I love those patterned papers! I really have to make good use of all my papers this year, I have way too much!
Sue Lelli said…
No whining allowed! Love your mix of patterned papers and bright colors,mStella! FAB!
~Tammy~ said…
So glad to see you back! It's tough to juggle it all. Most importantly it should be fun! Love your mix of papers! A happy card for sure!