Skip to main content

City Crafter Challenge #195 "The key to my heart"

Hello!

Welcome from a very wet, smudgy and sometimes slippery Groningen. With melting snow we had a very short period winter in this part of the Netherlands. The city did look like a fairytale yesterday. But with the thaw the snow looks blurry....

First day of a new week and just in time to submit my card for this weeks'challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog. We are supposed to use a key and a heart on our projects. 

Here is the photo inspiration:


I made a card with a mix of papers from my stash. The little key was sent to me by Ira. I used my heart border die again and cut a heart for the sentiment.
This card is made for a wedding anniversary . I still think it looks a bit "flat". And I still have a few doubts about the final result. You'll see it really has been a challenge:) And I am still learning!

A close up:




And here is my card:



I need to catch up with my comments; enjoy your evening!

Stella
X


Comments

Irene said…
Schattige zachte tintjes Stella, heel lief en je kaart met knalrode kerstboom vind ik ook super bedacht!!

xx Irene
Charlene said…
What a gorgeous card Stela! Thank you for sharing your creation and joining in with the fun at City Crafter Challenge Blog this week.
So pretty! Love the design and colors! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
Mona Pendleton said…
So beautiful Stella! Love the pretty patterned papers and heart border! That key is the perfect embellishment!
Je@net said…
Een prachtige kaart, Stella.
Wat een mooie zachte kleurtjes en het sleuteltje maak het helemaal af!
Sid said…
This is so pretty, love your colours !!
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, Stella, the key is just perfect! Have a beautiful Tuesday, although I am sure it is cold!
Ros Crawford said…
So pretty Stella ... I'm glad you got time to enter ... Love that precious little key and the sweet ticket ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
Hey, dat papier met die roosjes ken ik, die heb ik ook! :-) Mooie kaart Stella! Dank je wel dat je met ons meedeed bij City Crafter. xx Wendy
M@rjan said…
Ik vind dat je echt wel tevreden mag zijn, vind je kaart helmaal niet "flat". Mooie papiertjes! Leuke indeling en erg leuke afwerking met de hartjesrand, de geschulpte ruitjesrand onderdaan en de ticket! Kortom.. gaaf!!
Dit blog is van said…
Het is een schatje!!!
~Tammy~ said…
The melting dirty snow part is not fun, pretty, and a lot less magical! Your card is however fun, pretty, and magical!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Absolutely beautiful Stella, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB, always good to see you here!
Maria said…
So pretty and sweet, Stella! It's a style you do very well! Love the heart border, pretty papers, and perfect key!
Heather Jensen said…
So pretty, Stella! Your patterned papers are so feminine and pretty. :)
Davi said…
Very pretty Stella! Love you little heart border on the pretty papers and the key is a perfect embellie for the card and challenge :)
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, I think it's just beautiful, Stella! Perfectly perfect, just the way it is! Love the heart border and scallop strip and love that large banner flag. The little key and ticket are really sweet, too!
Ira Huberts said…
Dit ben jij ten voeten uit Stel, romantisch dromerig, heel stijlvol gemaakt, blij dat je iets met het sleuteltje kon ;-) Geniet van je avond, liefs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner
p.s. vond het zó leuk dat je mij onlangs Ier noemde, want dat doen alleen mijn dierbaarsten ;-) xox
Geri said…
Beautiful combination of patterns, colors and *sweet* embellishments, Stella!!!
I do so love your cardmaking style! I can always spot a 'Stella' card. :) The papers you used are sweet, sweet, sweet, and that little row of hearts across the top catches my eye.