Skip to main content

City Crafter Challenge #196

Hello!

The sun is shining, it's not as cold as it has been last week and a new week ahead of us. Before I'm off to work I want to submit my card for this weeks' challenge at the  City Crafter Challenge. We're supposed to create a Valentine project or use the word "Story".

Here is the photo inspiration:




One of my goals for 2014 is to use my paper pads instead of hoarding them:). I also want to find out which style fits me best. I love primary colors but also pastels, blue as my very favorite color, gingham, polka dots, stripes and flowers. 
The card I made pretty much sums up what I love. I used papers and stickers from Simple Stories "Summer Fresh". And added some sequins, twine and a wooden heart. A non traditional Valentine card and I am pleased how this card turned out.




A mix of patterns and colors:




Enjoy your day!
Stella
X

Comments

Marjan Küppers said…
Een heel ander soort papier dan ik van je gewend ben, maar wat heb je er een topkaart mee gemaakt! Mooi zoals de tekst eruit springt, de fishtails en de kleine tekstripjes. Wat sequins, helemaal leuk!!
Irene said…
Hoewel het er bij jou altijd super uitziet ben ik niet echt een "blauw" fan.
Op deze kaart hebt je alles waar ik ook van hou verwerkt: streepjes, ruitjes, dotjes en een beetje stoer. Alleen zo'n gave tekst, die heb ik helaas niet!!! Heel verhaal en ik kan net zo goed schrijven...........Super kaart Stella !!

xx Irene
Awesome card.Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
Ros Crawford said…
Fabulous card! I love all the layers and I think this is the perfect card for Marcel! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB!!
Davi said…
Love your card Stella!! The different dps and layers really work together to make a fabulous card my friend :)
Sue Lelli said…
WOW, Stella, THIS is something new from you! Must say I LOVE your combination of papers, patterns, and stickers! FAB result!
Well, look at you, doing something different and modern! It's a great look! Fun and fresh.

I know what you mean about finding your style. I like so many different things, I cannot seem to put myself in one category. Life's got so many wonderful options, and I like to explore them all!
Dit blog is van said…
Wat een vrolijke kaart. Erg leuk.
Maria said…
My oh my, Stella! So FUN and modern with this wonderful creation! Love all the mix of papers and fun sentiments! Have a great day, hugs!
Ira Huberts said…
Ik vind het een perfect doel, dat je jezelf hebt gesteld Stel, want jemig, wat stapelen die pads zich gauw op hè, als je niet uitkijkt? Mijn complimenten voor deze geweldige kaart, papier, design, alles klopt, hij is helemaal 'in balans' en extra top dat hij juist niet traditioneel is voor Valentijnsdag en daarom juist super! Liefs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner
Sid said…
This is fab card, love your choice of papers !!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Such a cute card. Perfect for Valentine's Day! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!
lynn said…
love all the different patterns,stella:) love it! have a great week!
Charlene said…
Beautiful card Stella! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!
Totally gorgeous! All supplies are matching with each other. Yeah, it's more sunny here too now... have a great week, Stella! Thank you for visiting me. {Hugs}
Juls said…
Fabulous card!!! Hugs Juls
Je@net said…
Wat een mooie kaart, Stella.
Vind 'm super!
Audrey Pettit said…
How fabulous, Stella! Absolutely LOVE the mix of happy papers here! You nailed this!
Mona Pendleton said…
So pretty Stella! Great mix of patterned papers! The little wooden heart adds a nice touch!