Skip to main content

Going green

Hello!

After two busy weeks it's time to share a bit of what has been keeping me busy. First I'll share a card I made for a challenge, second is a card which I did not post in time. Argh!!! And at last a bit of what kept me busy.

I made another card for the Festive Friday challenge; based upon this photo inspiration:


I got carried away by the snowflake and green.... I made a card with bright green cardstock, vellum, a lot of heat embossing, my favorite Papertrey Ink stamp set (In the meadow),  some silver twine and bling:




My second card was made for the previous challenge at the City Crafter challenge. We were supposed to use garden elements. I made a card and wanted to submit it last night but the linking up was already closed. I assumed that I was in time.  Have to check it better... I made this card:




And now what kept me busy.......Two weeks ago we became the proud owners of our own vegetable garden. It's about 100 square metres so lots of space. And work That's were my boys come in :) There is a lot of digging to be done, we need a new  fence, Marcel is making a design for all the vegetables and fruits we want to plant. We also need a little shed there so Marcel is designing that too.. It has been my wish for a long time to have my own vegetable garden. It is located nearby; only a 6 minutes bike drive. My expectations are not too high. We have to get started and maybe next year there will be enough "harvest" to make more home made jams and eating my own vegetables.
Here you have a peek of how it looked two weeks ago;




The garden in front of the photo is our garden. It ends after that big black piece of plastic which is covering the garden during winter against excessive weed. Which means less weeding in spring:). There is a path in between and after that is the next garden of someone else. The bushes is front are raspberries and blackberries. I'll keep you posted of the progress

And I will be back soon; have a great day!

Stella

Comments

De kaartjes zijn weer zo mooi! De kerstkaart met het groen en de embossing erop, een dromerig geheel en prachtig! Je tweede kaart is iets moderner en zo leuk is het tuinier thema, hoe toepasselijk ;)! Lief dat houten vogeltje, ik heb ze ook.
Zo... jullie hebben geen klein tuintje, zeg! Wat een leuk project, een eigen moestuin. Succes ermee en veel plezier met het zien groeien van alles wat er geplant wordt.
Je@net said…
Twee prachtige kaarten, Stella.
Vind ze allebei heel erg mooi geworden!
En wat heerlijk zo'n flinke lap voor je groentetuin. Dat wordt genieten, joh.
Wij wonen buitenaf en hebben een moestuin en een boomgaard. Flink wat werk aan onderhoud en inmaak dus, maar ooh...wat is het elke keer weer genieten van die prachtige voorraadpotjes met lekkers in de kelder :o)
Succes ermee!
Jeanneke said…
Ooooooooo Stel, mijn moestuinhart gaat open! De jaren dat wij uit eigen tuin konden eten... wat heb ik van het werk en de opbrengst genoten. Op die postzegel die ik nu heb, kan alleen met een hoop fantasie een krop sla geoogst worden.
Heel veel tuinier- en culinair plezier gewenst.
O, voor ik het vergeet: je kaarten vind ik weer erg mooi, vooral de laatste.
Liefs,

Jeanne.
Sylvia said…
Your cards are both beautiful, Stella, I know what you mean about deadlines and reading! I love that you have a garden. I know where you live it will be such a nice thing to have one! Good luck with your vegetables and fruit! Happy Tuesday!
Davi said…
Love the beautiful green snowflake card Stella and your second one is wonderful, love the little garden elements on it :) What an exciting score, more garden space, I dream of that however my small space is jammed full of wonderful fresh produce which I am harvesting like crazy right now before the heat comes :) Have fun with yours!!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
What a pretty holiday card, I really love that green with snowflakes on. And thanks for sharing your lovely creation for CCCB too, I love that one too!
So pretty - I love the lime-y green and the embossed snowflakes! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Fridays!
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, your cards are beautiful, Stella! I LOVE your holiday card with the pretty green you chose, and all those gorgeous snowflakes! Your CCCB garden card is really adorable, too! Love the banner strips and garden ephemera. And speaking of gardens, I am SO excited for you that you've inherited one! Sounds like a ton of work, but how wonderful, too. Love the fact that your whole family is getting involved. I wish you much success on your first harvest, and I hope you will keep us posted with the progress!
Mona Pendleton said…
Beautiful cards Stella! Love all the snowflakes and pretty garden packets!
Robyn said…
Hi Stella! I remember seeing these little vege gardens from the train when I was in Amsterdam! How great that you have one! We don't have them in Australia. My vege garden is in pots down the side of my house. Atm we have spring onions/tomatoes/capsicum/basil and strawberries. We are hoping to try more. Love your cards too..what a beautiful snowflake stamp.
Linda R said…
How cool to have your own little garden. Home grown vegetables are the best.

I enjoyed seeing your cards, they are both so pretty..

Hugs~
Geri said…
I really love the way the snowflakes look against the pretty green, Stella! Beautiful design! Love you garden themed card, too! SO ready for spring, here! Happy gardening…hope you'll keep us posted! Amazing to think of what the seasons do, and how that bare patch of land will soon look so full of life! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for joining us again at Festive Friday!
Ros Crawford said…
Hello sweetie!! I just love your cards ... what a shame you didn't get to enter the CCCB card ... It's so perfect! And I LOVE your Christmas card ...
I'm so happy for you to have the allotment for home grown veggies ... I bet Marcel will make it so beautiful!

Sending hugs your way
Juls said…
beautiful collection of cards!! Hugs Juls
Deborah Frings said…
I really like all shades of green and I think your lime green snowflake card is fantastic! Such a contrast to the collage style card too - both are fab!