Skip to main content

Too much of all I guess....

When I started  making this card for the challenge at the Dutch Card Lovers Blog. We're supposed to use spatters, splashes, circles, smudges and/or stains on our card.
A good reason to try something different; using different supplies that I have not been using much. 
And maybe, just maybe it is a small step towards mixed media. Although this is not a mixed media project. But an attempt to use something different such as ink, embossing folders, heat embossing, dies and patterned paper. These supplies are all in my comfort zone:)
It made me think of the distress stains and glimmer mists.... I guess you get an idea already. The glimmer mist was just standing in my closet for more than 3 years ( I know,I know) and after buying some colors of distress stains I only used them twice.

I tried a few things and finally came up with something more than just a few splashes. Off track due to my supplies:) I doubted whether I should participate. But still pleased how this turned out I decided to post it and submit it. Ladies of the DT; my apologies on forehand.

I started with dabbing, spraying:




And I just couldn't stop:)
Here is my card:




Till soon!
Stella


Supplies:
Aquarel cardstock from my stash
Distress Stains: Tattered Rose, Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap
Glimmer mist: Black Cherry and Pearl
Stamps from Different Colors
Ink from Different Colors: Magic Pink, Purple Red and Mocca
Sentiment from Hero Arts

Comments

Kelly said…
oooh, Stella, this card looks awesome! Love those bold flowers against the background you created!
Mona Pendleton said…
So very pretty Stella! Love the beautiful blossoms and burst of color!
Margot said…
Not to much Stella! To gorgeous! Thanks for joining the DCL!
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, I think you did well, Stella! I do know what you mean by not being to be able to stop, but I love your card and the colors you used! Have a wonderful Thursday!
Sue Lelli said…
OOOH! I LOVE the colors and the flowers, Stella! Such a PRETTY card! Right up my fuschia alley! LOL!
Je@net said…
Wat mooi geworden, Stella.
Prachtige kleurencombi ook.
Heel mooi gedaan!
Marjan Küppers said…
Is toch hartstikke mooi geworden? Je kaart gloeit! Heel mooi met de bloemen en de mists! Fijn dat je meedoet met DCL, Stella.
Marit said…
Oh wat prachtig Stella! Hoop dat je hier meer mee gaat experimenteren, I love it!
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, wow! I'm glad you didn't stop because this is stunning, Stella!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
That is gorgeous Stella!
Maria said…
Absolutely gorgeous, Stella! Love those bright beautiful flowers! Looks like you had lots of fun creating this stunning card!
Judith said…
Nee, niets te veel. Leuk gedaan !!
Ira Huberts said…
Oh heerlijk, dat gespriets, gestempel en geverf Stel! Lekker doorgaan met je mixed media, het resultaat mag er zijn, het is vuurwerk op je kaart!! De mooie kleuren spatten eraf! Liefs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner
Ellen said…
Fantastische uitwerking van de opdracht. Bedankt voor je deelname aan DCL. Groetjes Ellen
Wendy ten Hove said…
Wauw, ik vind deze supermooi geworden! Heel anders dan je andere kaarten, maar zo prachtig ook!! Gave kleuren!
Groetjes en fijne zonnige dag!
Wendy
Wendy ten Hove said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy ten Hove said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy ten Hove said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy ten Hove said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy ten Hove said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ros Crawford said…
You ought to be pleased ... this is Fabulous!! Wonderful colours!
PapierGirl said…
I love this card and the gorgeous colors! Did you hear me giggle when you said you couldn't stop....I felt the same way! This is perfect! :)
Angèle said…
Mooie gloedvolle achtergrond. Schitterende kaart!