Skip to main content

Trying something new

Hello!
A wonderful Sunday; the house is quiet and I have nothing planned. I went straight to my craft room and made two cards for this weeks' challenge at the City Crafter Blog. This week we're supposed to use another language than English on our cards. So I added Dutch sentiments.


The first card is made with one floral stamp and one leaf stamp. I used three different colors of ink; and they are way out of my comfort zone:) I inked them and stamped them twice. To create a sort of shades (geesh how do you call that in English).   The sentiment means: "Just because I think of you ".
Here is my card:



My second card is a birthday card for a little boy who turns two this week. I wanted to make something CAS with a modern twist. So I used washi tape,  a felt number and a sentiment. The sentiment means "hip hip hurray"




Enjoy your day!
Stella



Supplies

1st card:
SU Fabulous Florets stamps, SU ink Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush and Sahara Sand for the "floral pattern"..
Sentiment from Different Colors stamped with Mocca also from Different Colors, kraft card base and an adhesive pearl.

2nd card:
Darkblue and white cardstock, washi tape, sentiment from Different Colors, Ink "Lady Bug" from Memento, felt number from my stash, sequin.

Comments

Marit said…
Ik ga helemaal voor de eerste, prachtig met hoofdletter P Stella!
Ros Crawford said…
Wow!! Your stamped BG is amazing!! Wonderful card ... And I adore that little boy's card ... simply sweet! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week! Hugs my friend xxx
Je@net said…
Twee prachtige kaarten, Stella.
Nog een fijne zondag gewenst!
Your floral card is gorgeous!! Wonderful job with the stamping. Love the clean look of the 2nd card as well.
VanessaB said…
great cards. your first one turned out GORGEOUS! :)
Mona Pendleton said…
Gorgeous cards Stella! Love the pretty color palette for the blossoms!
Allebei je kaartje heel Mooi! Vooral de eerste met het bloemendesign, het lijkt wel als of het designpapier is! Zou zo maar kunnen, met al die mooie schakeringen!
Je tweede kaartje is inderdaad CAS en hoe leuk is het met de 2 en de schuine stroken. Het sentiment past er perfect bij!
Irene said…
Ga maar vaker uit je comfort zone Stella want het resultaat is ronduit verbluffend en het CAS-kaartje is gewoon super leuk!!!

xx Irene
Heather Jensen said…
Both are fabulous, Stella. Love the floral stamped background. :)
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Both are awesome, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!
Anna Rogalska said…
Such pretty cards! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
Kelly said…
ohh I love the card with the 3 inked flower! looks really pretty and such BOLD colors for you! love it!
Audrey Pettit said…
Absolutely adorable cards, Stella! So fun that you are trying out some new techniques! I LOVE your stamped panel! That is gorgeous, and the little silver pearl next to the sentiment is the perfect finishing touch. Adore your little birthday card, too! Great clean lines and such a fun use for the washi!
Maria said…
Both cards are beautiful, Stella! Just LOVE the floral stamped background! You did a fabulous job with the stamping! And, second card is just perfect for little's guy's bday card! Take care and have a great week, hugs!
Ira Huberts said…
Wat een bloemenpracht Stel! Dat is wel een heel precisiewerkje om je bloemen zo in verhouding te stempelen, lijkt me! En die kleuren passen ook al zo goed bij elkaar! Superstoer kaartje heb je voor die kleine knul gemaakt, niet teveel poespas en toch feestelijk! Liefs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner
Sid said…
Two fab cards !!
Sue Lelli said…
BOTH are Pretty but the stamping on the first one took my breath away! LOVE all of the colors and flowers! Just BEAUTIFUL, Stella!
Charlene said…
Beautiful Stella! Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)
What a gorgeous floral pattern you created with three colors! It's vibrant and happy. :) Reminds me that spring and summer are on their way, even if we did just get 4" of snow today. ;)

The card for the little boy in your life is sweet, and reminds me of a little boy in a sailor suit. :) (I know boys don't really wear those anymore. I love seeing pictures of Alexei Romanov in his sailor suits from long ago.)
Davi said…
Oh STella you did a wonderful job out of your comfort zone!! That is a beautiful card, love the colors and flowers ;) A very fun card for the little guy too. Have a great week my friend!!
Paulien said…
Mooie kaarten Stella!! Vooral de eerste vind ik gaaf! Leuk idee dat 2x stempelen...n hele vrolijke boel!! Past goed bij dit zonnige weer :). Lfs!
PapierGirl said…
Stunning - your stamping is amazing! Soooo pretty! :)