Skip to main content

CCCB # 214 "Nautical"

Hello

Finally a chance to create something for a challenge that I am joining for quite a few years. And it's always fun to join them. We're supposed to create something nautical for the current challenge at the City Crafter Challenge.This is the photo inspiration:



I choose wood, dark blue instead of light blue and  red as an accent (euh.....quite a big accent in fact). For one or the other reason I always come up with red and blue when I think of a nautical theme. I also added some twine; no boat without a rope:)  And a few stars.  And kept it really really simple:




And a little fishtail for my sentiment. Here is my card:






We are experiencing a wonderful summer evening. Today was sunny, bright and warm!
Till soon.
Stella


Supplies:

Paper:
Bazill Card Shoppe white
Down by the shore from Fancy Pants
Ink:
SU night of Navy
Sentiment:
PTI Mega Mixed Messages
Other:
MFT fishtail die
Tilda hemp string
Wooden stars from Xenos
Sequin
Glue



Comments

Irene said…
Daar heb je wel en heel eigen interpretatie aan gegeven met dat rood en donkerblauw Stella maar hij is leuk!!!!
Ik maak zooooooo graag mannen/jongenskaartjes en wist dat Moritz piraten wel leuk vindt en dan gaat het bijna vanzelf maar idd zitten er heel wat uurtjes dikke pret in!!!

xx Irene
Gitte said…
Beautiful card. I love the strong colors and the elegance of your card
Je@net said…
Wat een mooie strakke kaart bij dit thema, Stella.
Fijne pinksterdagen gewenst!
Gerdine said…
Geweldig kaartje! Erg leuke combi van papiertjes en sentiment. Wij hadden helaas geen avondje buiten zitten... Flinke buien :(
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Your nautical card is so pretty! i really like your color choices! Thanks for playing with us at CCCB!
Maria said…
Beautiful nautical card! Love the colors and the little stars!
Sylvia said…
What a fun card, Stella, love the colors as well! Happy Sunday to you!
Margot said…
CAS maar helemaal compleet, gaaf!
Ros Crawford said…
Love those true nautical colours ... Such a lovely card my friend ...Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!
Heather Jensen said…
So sweet, Stella! I love the design and choice of patterned papers. :)

Pretty new blog design as well. ;)
Judith said…
CAS is ook mooi in krachtige kleuren, zoals jij dit laat zien met deze frisse kaart in marine stijl!

Vanavond hebben wij voor het eerst heeeeel lang buiten gezeten, samen met visite. De kids op de veranda met een kaartspel, wij aan de tuintafel met een heerlijk kopje cappuccino. Zo ontspannend. Daarom dus ook mijn late reactie... hihi
Sue Lelli said…
Just adorable! FAB papers and embellies!
Anna Rogalska said…
Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!
Audrey Pettit said…
Absolutely adorable, Stella! I am so loving the nautical look, and I am with you....always think of navy, white, and red when I think nautical! I love the little anchor paper you used, and the twine could not be more perfect! The little banner sentiment and stars are just perfect, too!
Charlene said…
Great card Stella! I love the anchor paper, so cute! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)
This is the greatest nautical card! (it also looks very American, with the red, white and blue - hee hee) I also tend to think of those colors when I think 'nautical'.

The anchor paper is awesome! I could have used some of that when I was working on a design team project recently. :)
~Tammy~ said…
I love the anchor paper! Great nautical card!