Skip to main content

First small attempt; mixed media

Hello!

It rarely happens but this is my second post for today.

I am linking up my project for two challenges:
Dutch Card Lovers:  a project with watercolor
City Crafter Challenge: Make a card or project using a house

Home is where the heart is.....there is no place I´d rather be.......




This weekend I gave mixed media a small try. As a start. Being inspired by you talented ladies mixed media is on my to do list for 2014. The first step was buying a few stencils and some embossing paste.
I started with a stencil, distress ink, a mini mister and a paintbrush. And because I did not have a spatula I used an old bank card to spread the embossing paste. Yes you have to be creative whe you find out you don't have an appropriate spatula:) It did not turn out a big project but it's a reflection of what I call home. Here is my canvas: please let me know if my first step with mixed media is right.....





Till soon!

Stella

Supplies:
Canvas from my stash
Stampin'Up heart mask
Alphabet dies from MFT
House die from PTI
Embossing paste from stampersanonymous
Distress ink Faded Jeans
Wooden butterfly from Xenos
Sequins
Bazzil Cardshoppe cardstock Marshmellow and Blueberry Sour
Foam tape

Comments

Margot said…
Mooi!!!!!!!! Bedankt voor het meedoen met de DCL!
Je@net said…
Wauw...dat belooft wat, Stella.
Vind het een prachtig canvas geworden en ben nu al benieuwd naar je volgende mixed media project!
Ira Huberts said…
Ha actieveling!! Je bent echt on a roll zeg! Heerlijk zo'n huisje weltevree met al die liefdevolle hartjes, je kunt zien dat jullie zelf ook zo'n mooi leven samen hebben aan je prachtige canvas Stel. En ja, blauw, dat wolkenblauw, dat past echt bij jou! Liefs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner
Joanne kramer said…
dat ziet er super uit zeg! mooi! groetjes Joanne
Mona Pendleton said…
Beautiful canvas Stella! Love the beautiful sky! All the little hears look darling! Way to go girl!
Marjan Küppers said…
Leuk dat je hier nu ook mee aan het experimenteren bent! Het is leuk om te doen, hè? En dat bankpasje voldoet net zo goed, hoor, een aparte spatel hoef je helemaal niet te hebben. Je canvas met dat mooie blauw. De hartjes, het huisje... zo mooi en lief! En helemaal een Stella! Erg leuk dat je hiermee meedoet aan de challenge van DCL.
Nelleke said…
Mooi hoor, eigenlijk heel fijntjes allemaal. Groetjes, Nelleke
Davi said…
Well my friend your first attempt is fabulous!! I love the background you created and the floating hearts are wonderful they make me smile, like a house bursting out with love :)
Maria said…
Love the background, Stella and all the beautiful hearts! Sweet little house, too! Your first attempt at mixed media is marvelous!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
How adorable Stella, lovely start for Mixed Media Art, and thanks for joining us this week at CCCB!
Gitte said…
It is really lovely. The white hearts on the blue background, is just adorable.
Gitte said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gitte said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ros Crawford said…
It's gorgeous!!If I saw this in a shop I would buy it! I love the simplicity ... it say everything! Well done and Thanks so much for sharing your talent at CCCB!
ps I always used a bank card too! I finally got some little spatula's if you can't get them let me know and I will send you some. xxx
Charlene said…
I think your mixed media canvas is wonderful Stella!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB :-)
Dit blog is van said…
Echt gaaf en goed gelukt Stel!! Helemaal goed en echt jij. :-)
Ellen said…
Wat een geweldige watercolor creatie! Leuk dat je meegedaan hebt met DCL.
Sue Lelli said…
First there is no right! THAT'S why Mixed Media s so FUN! Second, I use a credit card all of the time! Third, this is AMAZING! LOVE the home, the hearts and the blue! It is so YOU! LOVE it Stella!
Audrey Pettit said…
I think your first mixed media project is a big hit, Stella! How adorable!
Sid said…
You have achieved a lovely, dreamy look as the colours are so delicate !! Great stuff !
This melts my heart, Stella! It is so YOU, and so sweet. I give you a lot of credit for trying the embossing paste/mixed media thing. I have yet to try it. I'm sticking to my cards. ;)

And two posts in one day, wow!
Anna Rogalska said…
Stunning project!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB
GerJanne said…
Hoi Stella,
wat een gave mixed media/canvas is dit. Enig met die al die hartjes. Niet te moeilijk maar met een groot effect, vind ik!
Groetjes,
GerJanne