Skip to main content

City Crafter Challenge #232


Hello!

It's Tuesday and a new challenge starts at the City Crafter Challenge blog. 

This week Anna is our host. And asks us to create a card or project using leaves.
This is the photo inspiration:




Our Guest Designer this week is the talented Greta Just hop over to her blog and see more of her beautiful creations! 


I used leaves in different colors and stamped away. And my first card did not turn out as planned. I  tried to step out of my comfort zone and that did not work out as planned. I guess we all have things that turn out not that great and I also want to share a less succesful project. 




The sentiment is in Dutch and means "Just because I think of you"



Lesson learned.... I stick to my favorite colors; all shades of blue and green. 
And neutrals such as white and grey. 
From time to time with an accent of red, pink, yellow or orange. 


And I made a Christmas card; for once in red and green!
And this card did turned out as planned:)




That sequins stamp is a fave; that ain't a surprise I guess:)




The winner of this week's challenge will be offered a GD spot with us here at CCCB

Please hop over to our Blog for more inspiration of our Guest Designer and the team. I hope you will join us this week!
Thank you for your visit and have a great day!



Stella


Supplies 1st card
Paper:
Bazzil Cardshoppe marshmallow
Stamps:
All stamps from are from Different Colors
Ink:
SU Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy and Real Red
Other:
Sequins
Rhinestons
SU stampin'dimensionals


Supplies 2nd card

Paper:
Bazill Cardshoppe Marshmallow
Stamps:
SU  Hello Darling (sequins)
SU Good Greetings (sentiment)
Leaf stamp from Inkadinkado
Ink:
SU Pear Pizzaz and Real Red
Other:
Rhinestones
Glue

Comments

Charlene said…
WOW 2 awesome cards Stella!! I love them both!!
Lisette Baker said…
Two great cards but I especially like the Christmas one :)
Margot said…
Die zijn gaaf!
Je@net said…
Twee erg mooie kaarten, Stella!
Marit said…
Ik vind ze allebei geweldig geworden Stella!
Marjan Küppers said…
De tweede is meer jou, dat subtiele van de takjes en de sequins en een vleugje rood. Maar ik vind de eerste absoluut geen verkeerde kaart! Mooie plaatsing van de stempels en een heel fris geheel, juist door het rood.
Ros Crawford said…
Both cards are truly gorgeous!! I don't know why you don't like the first one?? Your stamping is always beautiful ...
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, Stella, I think BOTH of these cards are gorgeous! Seriously...I really, really love your first card with the bold fall colors. It is sooooo eye catching and totally WORKS! I LOVE it! And the Christmas card is just beautiful, too! The sequin stamp makes the perfect holly berries for the leaves. Stunning!
Renate said…
Ik zag je kaartje voorbij komen bij City Crafter Challenges, en werd erg nieuwsgierig naar je andere creaties. wat maak je leuke kaartjes zeg, daar wil ik graag van op de hoogte blijven. Ben je meteen gaan volgen.

-xies- Renate.
~Tammy~ said…
Oh my 2 beautifully stamped cards! Gorgeous work as always!
You're too hard on yourself, Stella. That first autumn card looks beautiful, just like Fall itself!

And the Christmas card...oh my, I am loving those sequins! They remind me of berries, when paired with the branches as you have here.

Look at you, using the word "ain't", with English as your second language! Way to go, my smart friend!!
Ira Huberts said…
Wow, twee supergave kaarten Stel! Wat zijn die kleuren toch gaaf! Heb net ook wat SU inkt besteld, zulke fijne inkt, wist dat nog niet ;-) Heel gaaf, zoals je alles hebt gecombineerd, zulke frisse creaties zo! Liefs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner
Sue Lelli said…
honestly I LOVE the first card a LOT! Your second one is so Pretty, too! Thx for the inspiration!
Sylvia said…
Fun cards, Stella, I guess fall leaves mean different things to different people, so leaves in any color are bound to be alright. Happy Tuesday!
GerJanne said…
Hoi Stella,
wat een prachtige uitwerkingen naar aanleiding van de inspiratiefoto! Prachtige herfstkaart en ook je kerstuitwering is super.
Groetjes,
GerJanne
Desire Fourie said…
Stunning stamping right here. Love the leaves on the Christmas design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
Greta said…
I wish my unsuccessful cards turned out like yours! I love both of these--very eye-appealing!
Sid said…
Beautiful cards Stella !
arts-and-cards said…
Thank you fot you comment on my blog. Your cards look even if u find them non-satisfactory.
The stamp I used looks like a doily indeed, so I say- yes :)) and I am glad you liked it, it was new to me as well.