Skip to main content

Fun and failure

Hello!

Geesh where did the last 5 days go?
This time of the year is busy. Making christmas cards, work, 
fun things and family.
And my weekend started Thursday evening :)
Friday we went to my sister Jacqueline and 
on our way we made a stop at a fab craft store Bij Oma Dee
No I did not need anything specific but this shop is filled to the
 brim with fab craft supplies so I left with a few things:)

It was wonderful to be with my sister and 
we were back home yesterday evening.
Today I have been working on a few cards. 
There are more cards coming but they are not finished yet. 
And I can only take photos during the weekend.
 When I am back home from work it's already dark. 

I am making cards from a kit from Cards and Wishes.
 I won a give away and here is the first card:




Of course a deer; and you can still play along  at the City Crafter Challenge. 
Which is all about a deer!

I also made a card for the Lift Challenge but after taking photos I discovered  that my card wasn't mounted in the centre of my card and the top was not straight. I made it again but too late for the lift challenge. But the second card turned out fab. I am just sharing this to let you know that it also happens to me that cards are ending up in the bin :) And lesson learned; never try to finish a card on a Saturday evening after 10.00 PM...

This turned out great



But here you can see what went wrong....




Enjoy your Sunday; Thanks for stopping by
Stella


Supplies

Deer card 
Made with the card kit of Cards and Wishes
I added twine from my stash

Lift Challenge
Papers:
Patterend papers from SU
Whisper White and Crumb Cake from SU
SU Stamps Endless Wishes and Holiday Home from SU
SU ink Real Red
MFT Pierced fishtail dies
Ribbon, bell and silver yarn from my stash
Glue dots and glue





Comments

Margot said…
Prachtige kaartjes!
I think they are all fab! I don't see anything wrong! We all have what I call "good cards gone bad" hugs, cherry
Irene said…
Kinkt gezellig Stella en bij Oma Dee heb ik ook al een keer geneusd..die grote workshoptafel voor het raam....hadden we zoiets maar in Grunnen!!!
Je kaarten zijn super, de onderste is bijna Scandinavisch en heel jammer dat je te laat was!

xx Irene
Ellen said…
Shoppen bij Bij Oma Dee is absoluut geen straf! En ook al heb je niets nodig, het lukt niet om er met lege handen vandaan te komen ;) Je deer-kaartje is prachtig en ook je liftkaart is heel mooi. Zie eerlijk gezegd niet wat er 'fout' was gegaan.
Mariken said…
Wat zijn ze leuk Stella, en je "deer" kaart vind ik echt super!!
Je@net said…
Twee prachtige kaarten, Stella. Je bent een bron van inspiratie, zelfs als het kaartje in jouw ogen wat minder geslaagd is!
En bedankt voor de tip van City Crafter, heb m'n kaartje meteen even gelinkt!
VanessaB said…
your deer card is especially amazing! love the other one, too! happy to hear you had a nice visit with your sister. :)
Cornelie said…
Kan ook niet echt een fout ontdekken, heel erg mooi je lift, maar de kaart met het rendier vind ik werkelijk een pláátje!
Altijd leuk bij Miran ;-)
Kaartenkraam said…
Geweldig dat rendierkaartje maar ook de andere kaart vind ik mooi!

groetjes van Ank
Marjan Küppers said…
Schitterende kaart met het hertje, maar je liftkaart ook! Ik zie wel wat je bedoelt, maar dat is zo verholpen met een nieuwe achtergrond, maar soms zijn we veel te kritisch op eigen werk :)
Audrey Pettit said…
Well, I don't see anything wrong, either! I think both of these are amazing! I LOVE that peek a boo cut out with the deer behind. All the crisp white and music note print is so elegant and beautiful. And I adore the dots and stripes mixed with all those pretty snowflakes, too. SO adorable!
Mona Pendleton said…
Both of your cards are fabulous Stella! Love the framed deer and the beautiful snowflake background!
Juls said…
Beautiful cards :-) xx
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
I love your deer card from the kit, and the snowflake one is lovely too, don't be too hard on yourself, I hardly see any problem there! : )
Ros Crawford said…
Congrats on your win ... Love your deer card!! As for the other card ... It's beautiful!! I Have no idea what went wrong ... I think maybe you are too hard on yourself! xxx
Charlene said…
Congrats on your win!! I'm catching up on my blog reading from being gone and am giddy over your wonderful cards Stella!!I'm glad that you had fun with your sister!
~Tammy~ said…
Both your cards are gorgeous! What an awesome kit to win! Love love them both. Fabulously composed!
Miranda Mols said…
Hemeltje, kwestie van ultieme perfectie? Want dit vind ik geen prullenbakwaardige fout.... prachtige lift. En die met het hert is waanzinnig.
Gerdine said…
Ik vind je hert kaartje echt helemaal geweldig! Het probleem van je tweede kaart is zo herkenbaar....
Greta said…
These are both fabulous, Stella! You have such a wonderful style--always inspires me!
Love these and the little peekaboo window! Stopping by to say hello and thank you for the nice comment! xo
Danielle