Skip to main content

Custom order

Hello!

After making a all my cards for the custom order I thought it would be nice to share the photos and a bit about the process.
I was asked to design and make christmas cards; 350 cards. The honor and making them was so much fun. I came up with two cards; both stamped and adding a little bling and twine as a finishing touch. 
The whole process was cut into steps. My husband has been a fab help to cut all the cards from cardstock. And all the silver stars.  After that I came in :)
I chose a stamp set of snowflakes in various sizes and a wreath The snowflakes were stamped in my favorite color scheme. The wreath had a classic touch; I love these berries.
I picked three shades of ink and started with stamping the biggest snowflake. All 175, after that the middle size snowflake and finally the smallest one.  Next step was stamping the sentiment and on the back a "handmade" stamp.
The wreath is a two step; the branches and the berries. 175 wreaths, 175 berries, 175 sentiments and 175 "handmade" stamps.
I went on a roll a stamped away:) I used a foam mat beneath the cardstock for all the stamping. Worked great!
After all the stamping was done I added sequins on my snowflake cards and the stars on my wreath cards.
The final touch was adding a piece of tinsel/twine.  Looking back it went really fast. 
The snowflakes and Christmas sentiment are from Stampin Up, The wreath and the berries are from Papertrey Ink. For the snowflakes I used SU Sosft Sky, Baja Breeze(retired) and Lost Lagoon. All sentiments in Memento Tuxedo black.
The wreath is stamped in SU Sahara Sand and Real Red
The star die I used is from Paper Smooches.
The wreath card is delivered with red/white twine but I don't have a decent photo of the final design.The wreath card you see was the design I came up with in September.
I  want to thank Miranda (the owner) from Bij Oma Dee. She has been a great help to order all the cardstock, sequins and foam dots.

Here they are; the light is not perfect and the photos were taken on different days:





Thanks for stopping by!
Stella




Comments

Irene said…
Holy Moly Stella, wat een mega-order was dat wel niet maar met de juiste materialen, een helpful hubbie en fantasie kom je dus een heel eind zoals jij hier laat zien, leuk leuk leuk en terecht TROTS!!!!

xx Irene
Samra Leshinski said…
WOW Stella! The cards are gorgeous! You sure did have a nice assembly line going on and seemed to have worked out perfect! Congrats on such a huge order! I hope one day, somebody will be ordering cards from me too, for now it is only my coworkers that need a card here and there...maybe that is for the best since I have full time job and very little time for crafting. Hugs:) Have a wonderful day!
~Tammy~ said…
Wow Stella, this is a big order and what a blessing to have an assistant. So beautiful! Great designs and I know they are thrilled with the end beautiful product you have presented them.
GerJanne said…
Prachtige kaartjes heb je gemaakt! En hoe krijg je het voor elkaar zoveel....
Groetjes,
GerJanne
Jeanneke said…
Een familiebedrijf! Dat noem ik nog eens partnerschap.
Prachtig ontwerp, knap werk!
Ik mag toch hopen dat de waardering en voldoening, (ook) in de papieren gaan lopen :>)
Liefs,

Jeanne.
Je@net said…
Jeetje...wat een werk zal dat geweest zijn, Stella. Kan me voorstellen dat je blij en trots bent nu alles klaar is. Vind je kaarten prachtig geworden!
Mijn complimenten, hoor!
Mariken said…
Wat geweldig zeg! Dat heb je super gedaan, zoveel...en zo mooi!!
Joanne kramer said…
Wat een mooie kaarten en wat een werk hebben jullie verzet! groetjes Joanne
Lenet said…
ik vind ze super! heel leuk..
Marit said…
Wow, ze zijn allebei prachtig Stella, en ik heb bewondering voor jou en je man: wat een klus! Maar je mag trots zijn op het resultaat!
Liefs,
Marit
Nelleke said…
Wow way veel zeg en wat xijn ze mooi. En ja de bovenste vind ik het leukste! Groetjes, Nelleke
Respect Stella, zoveel kaartjes, zoveel werk en zo mooi! Fijn dat je man je hulp kon bieden, lief!
Inky and Quirky said…
What a brave lady you are Stella...all 350 by hand!! They are truly beautiful too,wow still can't believe it,350!!

Extra big hugs
Donna xxx
Ellen said…
Jeetje Stella, wat een klus! Zoveel zelfgemaakte kaarten. De twee kaartjes zien er prachtig uit. Well done :)
Miranda Staring said…
Haha nu zie ik het resultaat van al dat werk. Gaaf zeg! Fijn dat Marcel je zo goed heeft geholpen, maar jullie kunnen nu geen sterretjes meer zien denk ik zo. Hoop dat de "opdrachtgever" er ook tevreden mee is, maar dat kan bijna niet anders. Het ziet er geweldig uit. Liefs XXX
Audrey Pettit said…
omgosh, 350 cards? That makes me nervous just thinking about it! You are amazing, Stella! 350 gorgeous cards, my friend!
Ros Crawford said…
Oh I am so glad you shared ... these are beautiful!! Well done to you ... what a shame I wasn't nearer to help ...
Hello Stella!
I like your new blog header. :)

Wow, you had a REALLY big order, didn't you?? Wow. Good thing your husband helped you out! I like both versions, and smiled when I saw those Stampin' Up! snowflakes. I bought that set earlier in the fall, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

I'll bet you're glad to have this big project finished.:)
Renate said…
Ik snap heel goed dat je vereerd was door dit verzoek, maar jeetje wat een werk. Heel tof van je hubby, dat ie je heeft geholpen.

-xies- Renate.
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Awesome card, no wonder they order 350 of them!
Gerdine said…
Ze zijn super joh!
VanessaB said…
Wowza. That's amazing!!