Skip to main content

City Crafter #247

Hello!

This week we have to say goodbye and hello at the City Crafter Challenge
Due to health issues Char had to step down from being a DT member. Char thank you so much for all that you have done and take care. I hope that you will be on the mend soon. We will miss you!

And we are happy to welcome Samra!!
Samra has a shabby, elegant style and is very very talented. 
I know that she will come up with breathtaking projects for our challenges!

Speaking of challenges; we have brand new challenge this week. 
Char picked this theme and it's:
"Lace and Roses"
Create a card or project using lace and roses




Our Guest Designer this week is Kara Lynne
On her blog you will find lots of beautiful cards in a style that I just love!

This theme has been quite a challenge for me. 
I tend to work in a CAS and fresh style lately 
and roses and lace are bit out of my comfort zone.
I managed to come up with a card that still has a CAS look :) 
And a great opportunity to ink up a stamp 
from Darkroom Door which I bought back in 2009.
A classic rose pattern but it also looks fab in bright pink, lime and red:




A small touch of lace and some soft pink ribbon.
I also added a golden sequin,
 Gold is so on trend these days; you will see more gold here too!
My card has a simple design with my roses as a focal point:




You can find more inspiration on our blog.
The winner of this week will be offered a spot as a Guest Designer
I am looking forward to see what you come up with;
 Thanks for stopping by!

Stella


Supplies:
White cardstock
Rose stamp from Darkroom Door
Ink: Versa Magic Pixie Dust
MFT circle die
Lace and ribbon from my stash
Sequin
Glue and foam dots




Comments

Je@net said…
Een prachtige kaart, Stella!
Mona Pendleton said…
So very pretty Stella! The fancy trim and pretty pink bow add a nice touch of elegance!
Miranda Staring said…
Wat een beauty Stella en oh zo romantisch! Mooi XX
Joanne kramer said…
Wat een schitterende kaart! groetjes Joanne
Irene said…
Missie volbracht in een prachtige echte Stella-stijl, knap hoor!!

xx Irene
Ros Crawford said…
That rose stamp looks so pretty ... A really elegant and delicate card my friend
Karin said…
Wat een prachtig, romantisch kaartje! Ben ook meteen volger geworden.
Groetjes, Karin
Inky and Quirky said…
Ooh gorgeous card,Stella,beautifully feminine and floaty ;)
Big hugs
Donna xxx
Samra Leshinski said…
Oh my goodness Stella!!! This is absolutely breathtaking!!! I said it before and I am going to say it again: You are my CAS Queen!!! The stamp you chose is gorgeous and the color combo is breathtaking! What else can I say but BRAVO the way you interpreted this challenge! Hugs :) Samra
Ellen said…
Wat een lastige uitdaging en wat een mooie kaart heb je gemaakt. Knap dat het je gelukt is om met rozen en kant toch een CAS-kaartje te maken. En wat voor eentje :)
Linda R said…
The simple elegance of this card is so beautiful. I LOVE this.

Hugs~
~Tammy~ said…
Stunning Stella! Love the soft pastel colors!
Charlene said…
Thank You Stella, your so sweet! I love your card, very soft and beautiful! Will miss you , but will stop by and visit :-)
Ira Huberts said…
Wat lieff!! Mooi romantisch kaartje met prachtige roosjes als focus; ook je voorgaande kaarten zien er heel fraai uit, erg leuk met de gestanste woorden en pailletjes als versiering! Geniet van je avond Stel, liefs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner
Maria said…
Very lovely card with cut out window showing the gorgeous pink flowers, Stella! Great touch with the delicate ribbon, too! Love this card...so pretty!:-)
Kara Lynne said…
I love how you were able to keep your card CAS, but still highlight the lace and roses theme. Beautiful! Thanks for the shout out, I am enjoying being a guest designer at CCCB this week!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Nothing is difficult for you, you used lace and roses at its best CAS style! Bravo Stella!
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, you did a beautiful job on this week's challenge, Stella! Elegant and classic, and still in keeping to your current CAS and clean style. I love the little window cut out with the soft rose print behind. So, so pretty!
VanessaB said…
you did beautifully!
Judith said…
Als ik aan rozen denk, dat verbind ik daar een bepaalde uitstraling aan. Jouw CAS uitwerking is werkelijk prachtig! Subtiel en veelzeggend. Mooi!
Greta said…
Oh Stella--one of my all-time favorite cards! I will have to case this--thank you for the inspiration!