Skip to main content

City Crafter #250


Hello!

It's Tuesday and that means 
a new challenge at the City Crafter
 My dear and sweet friend Ros is our host 
and she picked the theme "Use it up".
Create a card or project using mostly items
 from your scrap stash :) 
And tell us what they are.




Our Guest Designer this week is OriBella
you can find more of her lovely projects on her blog.

My take on the theme:
I use of lot of white cardstock.
 After the huge Christmas order from last year
 there were loads of scraps; all from white cardstock. 
They came from cards that were not perfectly stamped. 
I cut the front and kept the strips from the front that were not stamped
 (perfect for fishtails!) 
and I also kept the "back" of the card. 
The back of the card is a perfect fit to a cover plate.
I also used a piece of darkblue cardstock.
And some patterned snippets of a paper 
pad from Little Yellow Bicycle. 





A card with lots of white and a few touches of color. 
This is how it turned out:





On our blog you can find more inspiration from 
our Guest Designer and the other team members.
The winner will be able to join us as a Guest Designer.
I am looking forward to see what you come up with;
 thanks for stopping by!

Stella


Supplies:
White and blue cardstock
Patterned paper snippets 
from Little Yellow Bicycle "Vintage Summer"
Papertrey Ink hexagon cover plate and sentiment die
Wooden stars from Xenos

Comments

Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Wow!!! So very sweet Stella!
Joanne kramer said…
Heel erg mooi Stella! groetjes Joanne
Je@net said…
Wat een mooi kaartje, Stella. Heel leuk gedaan met al je restjes!
Lisette Baker said…
This is a great idea for using up scraps. Such a pretty card.
Juls said…
This is fabulous!! Xx
Mariken said…
Gave kaart zeg, en wat een leuke inspiratiefoto!
Ros Crawford said…
This is stunning!! I really love your card Stella ... the colours and different papers are perfect together! Sending hugs ...
Inky and Quirky said…
Beautiful card Stella,reminds me of a snuggly quilt ;)
Big hugs
Donna xxx
Irene said…
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaf!!!

xx Irene
Geri said…
absolutely beautiful, Stella!!!
Samra Leshinski said…
Gorgeous take on the theme :) Love the design and splashes of color :) Have a great day Stella :)
Davi said…
Love your clever use of the scraps Stella! VERY pretty :)
Maria said…
Wow, Stella! What an awesome card! Lots of wonderful hexagons with different colors and patterns! Great take on the sketch...love it!:-)
Maria said…
Oops...I meant great take on the inspiration photo!
Ira Huberts said…
Supergave manier om je scraps op te gebruiken Stel, erg mooi komen die lieve patroontjes zo uit! Well done! Liefs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner
Sylvia said…
Such a lovely card of scraps, Stella, just like the quilt! Happy Tuesday!
Kara Lynne said…
I love this card! Your placement of the patterned papers is wonderful and I love all the white! Great job using up scraps.
Miranda Staring said…
Zie je kaart net voorbij komen op Pinterest. Ik vind hem geweldig. Superleuk! XX
Marjan Küppers said…
Zag hem al op je FB pagina, zo mooi!!
Linda R said…
Your card is so pretty, I do love how it reminds me of a quilt. Hope all is well with you my friend.

Hugs, Linda
My Happy Place
Greta said…
Oh Stella--You made the hexagons die shine! I adore your card!
Audrey Pettit said…
LOVE the quilted look to this, Stella! So adorable!
Love this 'quilted' look, Stella. I imagine it to be a real quilt, in a whitewashed bedroom filled with beautiful morning light.

Bet your sister Jacqueline LOVES this one!
Pam Sparks said…
love your card Stella! I have this die and some stamps too... and my daughter's b-day is tomorrow! I'm inspired to use my stash! TFS!