Skip to main content

I gained a stone :)

Hello!

I hope you are all well.
Before I start sharing photos of my trip to Ros
 and a card I want to announce the winner of
  my prize package at the City Crafter
 anniversary blog hop. The winner is: 


Congrats! 
Mac will you send me an email
 with your adress so I can send
you your prize package?


April 20th at 8.00 PM I arrived at Liverpool Airport
 to spend 5 days with this sweetie:




Ros is an amazing and very dear friend.
She's smart with a fab sense of humor. 
The minute I arrived it felt like home 
and the days went by in the blink of an eye. 
It was wonderful to spend time together. 
We talked for hours, laughed untill it
  hurts and did some baking together. 
We made a few shopping trips 
and Ros and her husband showed me
 Liverpool and its surrounding area.
 Which is absolutely breathtaking;
 I could live there :)

I was able to join Ros at her Thursday Club.
Ros'group was so excited that
 she had a friend over from Holland.
 It's heartwarming to see how 
happy her special needs group is 
when they create. It was a special evening. 

The weather was lovely; 
much better compared to Holland.
We had lots of sun and quite
 a few coffees is Ros'gorgeous garden.
 And the pleasure that this little
 furry friend joined us.
Here is Ginger:




We visited Warrington and this was our view
 from the terrace where we enjoyed some coffee:




We went for tea/lunch and I had a hard time choosing.
Just look at these....




A minute on your lips;
a lifetime on your hips :)




But I choose the raspberry scone.
Let mee tell you; heaven on earth:)
And the reason why I figuratively 
gained a stone haha!




Have you ever seen bowls in 
a ladies bathroom as cute as these???




Liverpool; despite the clouds the view was great!




After DELICIOUS dinners (Ros is an amaxing cook!!!!)
 we also spend some time watching one of
 the funniest shows on tv I have ever seen.
Google or search on You Tube for Gobblebox; 
it's hilarious!!!!!

Ros also offered me the chance 
to practice a bit with her paints.
I used her Gansai Tambi paints for this card.
Back home I added a sentiment 
and a gold glittered heart:





In sunny shades of yellow:



And now back home there 
are lots of wonderful memories.
But Ros and I will meet again!!


That's all for now;
till soon!
Stella










Comments

Wat leuk dat je ons zo gezellig mee laat genieten van je trip naar Ros in Liverpool. Die gebakjes zien er hemels uit en wat een leuke waterfonteintjes zijn dat. Je kaart is al net zo zonnig als het weer daar Stella, dank je voor het delen.
Lieve groetjes Miranda
Mariken said…
Wat zal je genoten hebben, in Liverpool met Ros. Dat voel ik aan heel je verhaal, het lijkt me ook een prachtige ervaring! Geniet maar lekker na...Je kaartje is, zoals gewoonlijk, fantastisch. En...fijn dat je weer terug bent! X
Marina said…
Sounds and looks great! So lovely for you to spend time together.
Je@net said…
Fijn dat jullie zo genoten hebben, Stella. En je kaartje is prachtig!
Judith said…
So happy for you and for Ros!
Het is leuk om al die foto's te zien en je verhaal te lezen. Binnenkort gaan we bijpraten, afgesproken!

Ik ben nog op, eigenlijk wilde ik op tijd naar bed, want om 3.30 u gaat de wekker. Dan begint mijn dag hier thuis en die in Engeland gaat eindigen (-:
You know why - bye bye!!!

Oh, ja, je kaart is fantastisch! Prachtige achtergrond!

Andie Miller said…
Such a beautiful background. It was better to hear the snippits of your time with Ros. So fun and enjoyable, it felt like my memories as you described it. So fatastic!
Greta said…
Love how you used Ros' paints--beautiful card, Stella! Thanks for sharing some pictures of your trip--I was thinking about the 2 of you & knew you were having a great time! I was in England in 1977, but didn't get to Liverpool--wish I could remedy that!
Davi said…
What a blessing to be able to go visit Ros!! Im glad you two had such a super time together Stella, AND I love your card, super background you created :)
Ros Crawford said…
Oh your card turned out beautifully!! I'm blushing at your words... Ginger loves his photo and we all miss you! Till soon my friend xxx
Irene said…
LUCKY YOU!!!! Tof dat je zo hebt genoten en hoe bijzonder is zo'n contact en dat allemaal door kaartjes maken en bloggen, ik blijf het bijzonder vinden!!
Heerlijk zonnig kaartje, nu de temperatuur nog!!

xx Irene
Maria said…
So happy to hear that you had a wonderful time visiting with Ros! Thank you for sharing the awesome photos! Those pastries look absolutely delicious! And, your sunny card with the lovely yellow makes me smile!:-)
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
It is fun to know that you ladies have a wonderful time together!
Happy Dance said…
Sounds like a wonderful visit complete with sights, treats, and excellent company! Your yellow water colored card is delightful. Love the sweet little glittery heart. Have a wonderful weekend! Bev
Wat een prachtig zonnig achtergrondje, echt een kunstwerkje! Je foto's zijn ook heel leuk om te zien, klinkt als een heerlijk uitje!!
baileyrosy.com said…
H Stella I'm just back from a trip to Liverpool myself visiting family and had a wonderful time too also the weather was great by Liverpool standards. It's so lovely when we get the chance to meet up with our blogging friends and it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Marie
baileyrosy.com said…
oops forgot to say how beautiful that card is such a pretty sunny card and so glad you didn't cover it up the thanks and little heart are just perfect.

Marie
Mac Mable said…
Really enjoyed reading your blog post...You looked like you had a great time x Thank you so much for my lucky win. I do so enjoy the challenges and always love the inspiration from the team. Thank you so much x
Audrey Pettit said…
Awww, I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time on your trip, Stella! Girl friends are just the BEST! Love seeing all your wonderful photos, and love your watercolor card, too. Such a pretty happy wash of yellow!