Skip to main content

City Crafter # 321

Good morning!

Every tuesday there is new 
challenge up at the City Crafter.  
Today Marina is our host and
she picked the theme:
"Typically Tropical"



(source)

This week's theme fits the weather in Holland;
we are having a few hot summer days! 
On to the challenge:
I know that flamingoes and pineapples
 are on trend but I don't have them.
 Neither do I have palmtrees 
or other tropical items.
So I just used what I did have. 
And that's a piece of paper which
 -in my opinion-  fits the challenge. 
Sent to me by Marit.
And due the colors of my paper 
I decided to make a 
masculine birthday card. 
And that's a personal challenge:)





The leafs have a tropical touch but it's
 also a bit of a jungle look :) 
Instead of bright colors it's  
 a mix of various shades of green:




Hop over to our blog to see what 
our Guest Designer Karren and the
other team members came up with.

Thanks for stopping by!
Stella


Supplies:
Green cardstock (brand unknown)
SU Botanical Garden paper
SU  "Crazy about you"sentiment 
SU "Hello You" thinlits die
MFT stitched rectangle die
Sequin


Comments

Ellen said…
Wat een gaaf designpapier heb je gebruikt! Mooi die blaadjes en allerlei kleuren groen. Juist leuk dat je niet voor de flamingo's, ananassen of palmbomen bent gegaan. Dat is zo 'standaard' zeg maar. Geniet lekker van het tropische weer!
Je@net said…
Wat een mooie mannenkaart heb je met deze challenge gemaakt, Stella.
Geniet van het mooie weer deze dagen!
Joanne kramer said…
Super mooie en vrolijke kaart! Groetjes Joanne
Mac Mable said…
Clever take on the challenge and you did amazing with that background paper...looks tropical to me x
Marina said…
It looks great and I love that you rocked the theme even without any specially themed stash - it really has a 'rainforest' style.
Maria said…
Beautiful leaf background, Stella! And, awesome sentiment! It makes the perfect masculine card!
Margot said…
Geen flamingo in je bezit, dat moet echt veranderen Stella! :)
Maar mooi opgelost, groen blad is ook tropisch en prachtig!
GerJanne said…
Nou, dat is toch helemaal tropisch met dit papier! Heel mooi! Ik heb toevallig wel een ananas...dus wie weet hop ik naar mijn kamertje als de klussers morgen weg zijn....leuk leuk!
Groetjes,
GerJanne
Sarah said…
Mooie kaart! Leuke challenge weeral!
Davi said…
Perfect tropical card Stella! I love the different leaves in the different greens :)
Moeilijk blijft dat hè! Maar je hebt er echt iets moois van gemaakt! En ook helemaal passend in het thema, knap hoor!
Audrey Pettit said…
I think this is awesome, Stella! Love that you just used what you had to fit the criteria of the challenge. Think the nailed the theme, and the masculine look. That paper is great. Love how you did the sentiment, too!
Karren said…
This is the perfect male tropical card! That paper is perfect for the challenge!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Love the green, so pretty!
Andie Miller said…
Oooh green is my favorite! The card is tropical as I always think of the greenery when I think of tropical looks. So cute and it works as a masculine card.
Greta said…
Green is certainly tropical & your card is gorgeous, Stella! I understand you're having a BD--enjoy, my friend!