Skip to main content

City Crafter #344

Hello and good morning!

It's my turn to host this
weeks' challenge at the City Crafter.
I picked the theme:

"Blue Monday"

Create a project to cheer someone up.
For example: "Thinking of you"or say "hi"



(source)



Throughout January we are having Danielle 
as our Special Guest Designer.
You can see more of her creations on her blog.


I made a card with a bit of a masculine touch.
No floral or "feminine" elements.
I used some papers of a paper pad which
 Ros and I shared while I was visiting
her last year.



I added a bit of contrast using red cardstock 
 for the sentiment. And a bit twine; also with red.
This is my card:




You can find more inspiration
from the other team members and
Danielle on our blog.
The winner will be offered 
a spot as our Guest Designer.


Thanks for stopping by 
and
enjoy your day!


Stella



Supplies

Paper:
Bazzil Cardshoppe Cardstock
Patterned paper from Liverpool:)
(don't know the brand)

Dies:
papertrey Ink (circle)
MFT (sentiment)

Other:
Twine and wooden star

Comments

Je@net said…
Erg leuke kaart voor deze challenge, Stella!
Mac Mable said…
Fabulous masculine card with a great colour combination x
Wow such a striking card Stella, very nautical
Hugs
Donna xx
Ros Crawford said…
LOVE your card Stella! I'd forgotten about those papers ... love how you used them
Happy Dance said…
Great masculine card, Stella. Navy blue and red has always been one of my favorite color combinations. And that little wood veneer star adds the perfect finishing touch. Awesome card; love it!! Bev
marineblauw, rood en wit, een gouden combinatie... prachtig!!!
Sarah said…
Mooi Stella. Toevallig ben ik net aan zo' n kaartje bezig voor iemand die het nodig heeft. Dus ik doe weer mee!
Xx
Danielle said…
Prachtige kaart! Erg leuk om eens een mannelijk kaartje te zien! Mooi papier heb je gebruikt.
Maria said…
Beautiful masculine card, Stella!! Love the red, white, and blue! And, great touch with the twine and wooden star!
Thea said…
Hi,

Prachtig! De kleuren doen me denken aan zon, zee en strand maar dat moet nog maar even wachten.

See you soon!
xx
Marina said…
Hello Sailor! This has a fabulous nautical feel to it - very handsome.
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
I am loving this nautical theme card!
Greta said…
Cheery & fun--love this, Stella!
Mona Pendleton said…
Such a fun card Stella! Love the red, white and blue color scheme!
Andie Miller said…
A very bold card - adorable and fitting the challenge. Blue is my grandma and mother's favorite color. I'm headed to look at the challenge entrues!
Audrey Pettit said…
I am always drawn to things with a nautical look! Wow, this is gorgeous, Stella!