Skip to main content

City Crafter #360

Hello and good morning!

It's my turn to host this
weeks' challenge at the City Crafter.
I picked the theme:
"You can do it"


 Create your own background using your, inks, 
paints, markers, embossing paste
 and/or stamps. 
Choose your favorite colours and use 
your favorite technique(s). 

But most important:  have fun!


As much as I love CAS cards 
with lots of white
I also love colour. 
I am a fan of anything watercolour, 
inks, paints and mixed media. 
A few weeks ago I bought a few new Oxide inks
and this is my card using Oxide ink:


Using ink, adding water, 
heat dry with my heat tool.
And repeat for about 5 times:)
Once I finished my background
 I added a few circle stamps,
 a dragonfly and a sentiment.
The twine and sequins are
 the finishing touch:)


You can find more inspiration
from the other 
team members on our blog.

Thanks for stopping by 
and
enjoy your day!

Stella


Supplies:

Bazzil Cardshoppe
Watercolouring paper

Oxide Ink:
Worn Lipstick
Fossilized Amber
Spiced Marmelade

Other ink:
Memento Rose Bud
SU Rose red

Stamps:
SU Dragonfly Dreams

Other:
Twine &Sequins

Comments

Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Beautiful card with beautiful background!
Sarah said…
Wauw Stella. Zo knap! En veel kleur ☺
Dit is wel een opdracht naar mijn hart.
Ik ga proberen mee te doen!
Margot said…
Stella! Ik zie geen wit! Maar wel prachtig!
Je@net said…
Wat mooi! Achtergrond en tekst prachtig, libel en sequins maken het helemaal af!
Mariken said…
Wauw, wat mooi zeg! Wit is prachtig, maar dit is ook helemaal geweldig! En een toffe challenge, ik ga meedoen!!
Joanne kramer said…
Ik ben verrast!! Wat een mooie, kleurrijke kaart! Super. groetjes Joanne
Ros Crawford said…
Wow! This is wonderful Stella! I really like your background and this style too! Have a good week and be safe...xxx
Rhodé said…
Heel anders dan ik van je gewend ben, maar wel heel mooi!
Andie Miller said…
Oh my, I have ink envy! Your card is rich and lovely, those colors! I'm so very inspired!
Maria said…
Oh, my! Your card is so gorgeous, Stella! Aren't you loving those distress oxide inks? Love them! The color for the background is lovely color. Wonderful dragonfly and perfect touch with the sequins!
Greta said…
Wow, Stella--an absolute stunner! Gorgeous colors & love the circles in the background plus that beautiful pink dragonfly! This should be framed!
Mac Mable said…
So different from your normal style and I love it! Gorgeous colours, fabulous techniques and loving the pop of colour from the dragon fly x Stunning!
Danielle said…
Prachtig Stella! Ik hou van al je kaartjes geloof ik, heel mooi! En weer een super leuke challenge, ik weet het al :-)
Wow stunning card Stella and I see you've fallen in love with the Oxides too ;)
Hugs
Donna xx
Marina said…
Such beautiful colours! Stunning effects on this card. I've just bought 3 Oxide inks - slightly random colours as most of them were sold out everywhere I looked - but not had chance to try them yet.
Audrey Pettit said…
Omgosh, stunning! Absolutely love the depth and richness of that background! What do you think of the oxides?
Ik had hem niet meteen herkent als kaart van jou (geen wit?!!) maar wel prachtig, bijna sprookjesachtig en toch CAS.. super!